It is difficult to present a house without windows, its overall perception depends on. Windows without relevant design seems naked, it deprives the premises of the feeling of comfort. Any window requires attention, but in the living room where all family members and guests are going, its design is of particular importance.
From the type of window opening, the state of the frame and its decor depends the atmosphere of the whole room and how comfortable will be the feeling of every person in the living room.
The window design in the living room curtains is a traditional reception.
In order for this window decoration appropriately looked in a specific interior, it is picking it up, following a number of rules, given:
- flower gamut living room;
- everyday life or interior festivity;
- room style;
- The quality and composition of the tissue used.
There is another approach in the design. Sometimes it makes sense to do without the use of curtains. This is possible if the window frame itself is a worthy decoration of the window, when its reps are made in the form of a curly lattice or the window is so accurately combined with the color gamut living room, which is unacceptable to close it from the eye with curtains. Some stylistics need no curtain (for example, with panoramic windows in Loft style).
Without curtains, it makes sense when the window frame contrasts with a common color solving hall (for example, when it is made in black).
Huge windows in a spacious living room can do without special design, especially if the street is worthy of attention.
It is advisable to decorate the window with curtains and in cases where it has an original form. Although it must be borne in mind that all this is possible only in cases where the living room is located above the first floor, the windows will not shine evening lights, having interpreting people in the hall, the room is not on the sunny side.
Window window Return. There are the designs of the usual rectangular shape, but in non-standard layouts (for example, in some old house or building built on an individual project), you can see a panoramic, erker window or an arched type variant. Registration of such window openings with curtains is not particularly difficult. You just need to choose textiles.
Narrow windows nearby, it is better to draw up lifting canvases of the same color. Big worth emphasized by sliding curtains. They can be of different colors if the room is provided to distinguish between functional zones. For example, there is a part where guests and space are gathering, where the dining area is located.
The decoration of the plating windows protruding forward beyond the limits of the facade depends on how large such windows are, what is the distance between sections. Whatever a specific design solution, the Erker should decorate with curtains in a single composition using the same tissue. This will emphasize the unusual design of the window opening.
Living room style dictates selection of windows to decorate windows.
So the High-Tech style room suggests use instead of curtains blinds, rolled or Roman curtains of a nonsense monochromatic color. It will not contradict a general style to use chiffon, capron or organza without an ornament with a metal tide.
Vintage style implies the use of natural materials (sits, cotton or flax with small pattern). Art Deco’s style to choose the curtains from expensive fabrics (flax, rocker silk or velvet).
Loft style does not require any curtains at all, but no one has canceled the functionality. So that the room is not in sight of the entire street, the windows are better covering at least clear tulle, and to attach rolled curtains or the blinds of the corresponding color.
For the living room in style minimalism, blinds are suitable, rolled curtains or curtains from smooth textile. It will be good to use a shade of coffee with milk, sand or tone of gold, green, beige and pink.
How to issue a window sill?
The windowsill is an integral part of the window, sometimes it is functionally active element of the living room. For example, if you have a great view of the city or nature from the room, the windowsill can replace soft seat if you add it with pillows. This is possible if you are dealing with low window opening.
Sit at such a place, watching a burglar life, nice (this contributes to relaxation).
The window can be supplemented with a wooden bench under it, where to put pots with flowers well. Such an element will be an excellent supplement for a country style living room. Under the window you can make the shelves for books.
The library under the windowsill will look stylish and give the atmosphere of the living room special intelligent subtext.
What curtains to choose?
The choice of curtains is due to many components. It can be about a private house with a balcony in the room where guests and household gather.
In the living room of the city apartment can be a window with a balcony door. In the hall sometimes it happens one window, but two or three. It can be small or big. If the window is located at different heights, it is possible to compensate for this by using a lambrequin or wide bagent cornice.
Lambreks are good to use and on panoramic windows. If the living room has access to the balcony, such a design model is not suitable: problems will arise with the opening of the door.
Fabric cloths on multiple windows due to symmetrical location will give the room additional height. Common curtain on several window openings visually make the living room wider. To achieve such an effect, it is necessary to use a single curtain from Tulle, passing on all windows, and at the edges hang sliding curtains. Visually make the window wider and curtains, the pattern on which is located horizontally. Although it is appropriate only in low ceilings.
So that the window below seemed above, the cornice needs to be located under the ceiling, using curtains on the chamoirs.
Disadvantages of a narrow window that misses little natural light into the room, it is easy to compensate for the wide cornice. Taking into account its size it is necessary to pick up curtains. So it will be possible to hide the small size of the window opening. At the same time, when the windows opened, the windows will be fully involved for the transmission of daylight.
Choosing curtains and decorating windows, it is necessary to take into account some interior design nuances:
- If the walls, the ceiling and the upholstery of the upholstered furniture are made in a monophonic light range, emphasize the attention better on the window;
- Dark color curtains with a bulk pattern will attract attention (it is profitable or not, depends on the specific design of the living room);
- If, in front of the window in the hall, there is a TV, it is better to place a window opening with a dense curtain: they will help to avoid light on the TV screen while watching gears (for apartments located on the first floors of buildings, dense curtains will be rescued from outsiders);
- Heavy tissues are beautiful and looks expensive, but they are relevant only in spacious living rooms: a small room with such curtains seems even less than it is;
- 100% natural fabrics should not be used on the windows overlooking the south, they will quickly fade and lose their elegant look;
- To make the room seemed lighter, it is better to avoid heavy textile: light tulle, organza, thin silk or taffeta will be just right;
- In small areas of the living room, choose the decoration of windows in color to wallpaper: so you can visually make the room more (one-picture curtains or accessories with small ornament will look like well);
- For the lounge of impressive sizes, curtains are suitable with a large colorful pattern (for example, vensels or lace, plant topics).
- The striped pattern on the curtains affects the perception of the height and width of the window, the horizontal strip makes the windows area wider, vertical – above.
Stylish examples of design
Modern windows design options are distinguished by a variety:
- Light curtains with original pattern beautifully look at panoramic windows, perfectly fit into the interior of a living room weathered in gray tones. Muffcit curtains on the champs completed the decor and carry an important feature for protecting the room from excess light and heat on a sunny day.
- Black and white with vertical stripes curtains on pickups perfectly fit into the interior of the living room in which the decor elements are similar in the drawing. Curtains are perfectly combined with a dark window frame, emphasizing her style.
- Long curtains in a red floor create a bright accent in the living room made in calm light colors. They visually make the ceiling above, revitalize the situation, emphasizing the beauty of the dark flooring, is harmonized with a restrained pattern on the walls.
- Blinds of light brown woody shade fit well into a modern living room with furniture of clear, minimalistic shapes and concise interior design. They are combined with a shade of the floor and the coffee table, making a variety into the muffled colors of the living room.
How to make a window, you can see in the following video.