The modern housing market is represented by apartments of various planning, most of which are “Khrushchev”. The main minus is considered a small living area, complicating the process of finishing and arrangement of rooms. This is especially true of the living room, which in every home is not only a central place for celebrations and guests meeting, but also a seating area for all family members. For this, an individual project is being developed, thanks to which the living room will become stylish.
Creating the interior of this room, it is necessary not only to take into account the basic rules of design, as well as provide comfortable conditions for living.
Previously, the construction of the houses was not paid due attention to the planning of the rooms, so there are little functional, inconvenient and tested in “Khrushchev”. Often there are passage halls in such projects, and partitions between rooms have bad sound insulation. Therefore, before repairing the living room, the living room should be well thought out its future design and, if necessary, perform a restructuring.
Modern interior design provides for the maximum increase in space, economically using each square centimeter.
For the expansion of the hall in Khrushchev, designers recommend dismantling walls, and doorways decorated with beautiful partitions or arches. If the area of the living room is 17 kV. m, then it can be connected with a kitchen or hallway. In addition, for rooms, the real dimensions of which are less than 18 meters, you will need to apply designer techniques that allow you to visually increase the space. For example, the ceilings in the living room are best installed tensioning with a glossy surface, and dark canvases, on the contrary, will reduce the room and make it gloomy.
The design of the living room in a 2-room apartment is easier to arrange, since extra square meters can be easily planned, and divide the room into separate zones. Wall decoration, ceiling and flooring should be made in bright colors, it also concerns furniture, carpets and textiles. Decoration of surfaces depends on the selected stylistics and can be carried out by various materials on the personal discretion of the home owners.
Well look in small living room walls, plated wallpaper with vertically arranged strips or patterns. The walls decorated with plaster or painted in monophonic color are considered a good option.
The planning of a small-sized living room requires a special approach in design, so it is necessary to correctly select stylistics for its limited space. Huge scenery and bright paints in the interior of such a room will look ridiculous.
To date, minimalism, Provence, Japanese and Scandinavian styles are considered for the halls in Khrushchevka.
Japanese theme Provides the maximum number of free space, an exception from the interior of unnecessary items and convenient access to any place indoors. In the living room there must be a small furniture of a simple form with the minimum presence of decor elements. All designs are best choosing from a natural tree, giving preference to light gamme.
An excellent choice for the living room is also Scandinavian type of decoration. Main color in this interior will be white. Thanks to this background, the size of the room visually increases, the room becomes spacious and acquires height. To fulfill the hall in the Scandinavian direction, you will need a major overhaul and complete replacement of the floor covering, and for wall decorations and the ceiling is recommended to use natural materials.
A good addition to the interior in this case will be beautiful curtains, carpets and bedspreads, various accessories, made with their own hands, can be applied as scenery.
For minimalism Freedom in all. Therefore, choosing this type of design, you will need to completely get rid of extra pieces of furniture and replace everything to the built-in wardrobe. As for the soft headset, its upholstery should be monophonic, without complex patterns and drawings. You can not use surfaces with gloss and glitter, it is best to acquire furniture items with a natural tint.
For a two-room “Khrushchev” suitable Provence. It is usually chosen for private houses and apartments with spacious square. The living room decorated in such a stylist will delight the simplicity, comfort and elegance. The room in this case is separated by pastel and light tones. Add a highlight to the interior will help various vegetable motifs, wood and glass decor items.
Color solution and decor
A huge role in the design of the living room plays the choice of color scheme, since various shades are perceived differently and possess individual aesthetics. Properly chosen color will allow not only to increase the space of the room, but also fill it with the atmosphere of coziness and home heat. For example, individual shades contribute to a comfortable rest and restoration of forces, while others, on the contrary, can be emotionally overwhelming with their brightness and varnish.
For the living room in Khrushchev, the following palette options are most suitable:
- White. The area of the hall in these types of buildings is small, so they are needed in every possible way. The idea of using white or related shades is considered popular, as it helps to visually expand the space, giving him freshness. In addition, in a bright background, any designer projects can be implemented in reality.
- Grey. At first glance, this tone may seem gloomy to finish the living room, but applying it in the form of individual inserts, you can emphasize the beauty of decorative elements.
- Beige. It is the most neutral and warm shade, thanks to which the living room is filled with comfort. For example, a brick beige or brown coloring on the walls will significantly transform the room and make it stylish. You can also apply this palette and in the trim of the ceilings, flooring. Originally complements such an interior and golden shade. Often, a family photo gallery is located in the hall on the walls, it is recommended to decorate with golden frames.
- Blue. Well suitable for organizing a recreation area. The living room in Khrushchevka due to the blue tones will be filled with cool and will contribute to good relaxation.
- Green. Being in the premises of such a colors, a person has an impression of a dive into a living nature. Green living room will help to relax well after the working day. It can be diluted with individual compositions of the pistachio shade.
- Red. For small rooms, this gamma is considered excessively active, but if you choose more restrained tones, for example, burgundy or wine, then the room will acquire a beautiful accent in the interior.
- Yellow. Often the little chairs are not enough sunny rays, it is possible to fix it with yellow paints. It is recommended to use not pure tone, but to combine it with sandy, golden or banana. To emphasize the important details of the design will help white and brown inserts.
- Violet. Phial or lilac tones are found in the design of living rooms rarely, but if they choose them, the room will truly get exquisite and original. Well combine violet with white, pink or light gray.
- Orange. Is a representative of a bright range, so it is great for living room decor. Orange vases, pillows, sofas, curtains will give the room a cheerful atmosphere. The main advantage of this palette is its universal combination with all shades.
As for the decor of the hall, it is desirable to use simple elements in it, avoiding textured surfaces. Furniture items must be functional, have a storage system for things and take a little place. Windows can be decorated with curtains, for this it will be suitable products from light and natural material.
To provide a room with good lighting, it is desirable to install point lights on the ceiling. The final stroke in the interior will be small paintings, souvenirs and figurines.
A small living room can be made cozy and multifunctional, for registration of a small room in this case, the division of the area for individual zones is used. This designer solution is suitable for both apartments in new buildings, which is characterized by the usual layout and in “Khrushchev”, where you need to solve the problem of passing space.
Most often zoning is performed as follows:
- With furniture. Large sofas with an angular form are well suited as a bedroom, and can serve as a comfortable living area with friends. The room is also recommended for chairs and puffs.
- Setting partitions. Distinguish mobile and openwork types of structures. Thanks to them, the situation in the living room is transformed and becomes multifunctional.
- Placing niches.
- Construction Podium or Columns.
- Performing various color and texture finish.
As a rule, a stylish living room should not consist of a variety of sections and corners. Therefore, it is enough to highlight a place to relax and eat or organize a small study “Cabinet”. To finish the working area, you need to use various flooring and decorating the walls in another color scheme. The distinction is also well done with the help of ceiling, racks and carpet.
Materials for finishing
To date, from any living room in Khrushchev, regardless of its size and forms, you can make a multifunctional room consisting of various zones. To create in the room the maximum comfort, often perform the disassembly of the walls, placed modular partitions, instead of door openings set arches. At the same time, repair and design of such a living room is quite realistic to perform with your own hands.
Emboss the interior of the hall is best using natural materials, preferring light and pastel colors. A good choice for finishing surfaces will be decorative stone, plaster, wooden panels, laminate and cloth of textured wallpaper.
For a narrow living room that resembles the view of the corridor, the wallpaper is suitable with a vertical pattern, which will allow a little expanding space. It is necessary to equip such a room with lightweight furniture models. Glass surfaces look great in design to supplement them, you should select glossy surfaces for stretch ceilings.
Modern living room design provides for various options for finishing the ceiling. Decorative plaster, painting, suspended and stretching plasterboard structures are enjoying much popularity. It should be noted that for small rooms in “Khrushchev” it is undesirable to establish multi-level compositions. An excellent alternative to them will serve as a photo printing or structures applied on the canvas.
A mandatory addition is considered to install point lamps, they can be different in color and are located both in consistently and chaotically.
A more economical way to decorate the ceiling is the usual painting: as a rule, it is used to use white water-based paint. The original solution will also be the installation in the living room of wooden beams.
The living room interior must be calm and cozy, so designers recommend choosing a laminate, parquet board for flooring in this room, parquet board or ceramic tiles. Although the fashion has not passed on the carpet.
Natural wood floor is not only the main decoration of the design, but also reliably serves a long time. In addition, the board of the massif is the most harmonious fits under any style.
As for ceramic tiles, it is usually used for a bathroom and a kitchen, but recently it also began to apply it in the decoration of the halls. A good option for this room is considered a tile with imitation of stone or wood.
Recently, white and smooth surfaces are enjoyed in design. At first glance, such a design will seem simple, but in fact in the “Khrushchev” it looks amazing. In addition, white walls serve as an excellent background to implement unusual design ideas. Additionally, you can perform scenery with plaster, paints or bricks.
Finishing surfaces with decorative stone or brick deserves special attention. Most often it is used for classical style and loft. As for the wallpaper, they gradually lose their relevance, if they are chosen, they acquire mainly blades on vinyl or phlizelin-based.
Beautiful examples in the interior
The most original way to layout the living room is to combine its living area with a balcony. Such projects allow you to give the room a modern look, and a cozy design creates all the conditions for recreation. For the embodiment of this idea into reality, the transfer of door openings. The obtained space on the balcony can be used both for the organization of the workplace, and make a small corner for tea drinking.
To finish the room, you must choose bright shades, this applies not only to the design of the walls, ceiling and flooring, but also textiles. Add an expressive bar in such an interior will help the scenery of walls from dark wooden panels. Furniture must be at least: a small dark table, chairs, a soft sofa with white pillows and a few hinged shelves for books.
To the living room looks stylish and beautiful, in its design you can also connect the zone for sleeping and relaxing, that is, it turns out a room with a small guest corner and a place to sleep. Glass panel will fit as partition. Walls and ceiling are best to arrange in one color, and purple pillows and a coffee table with a glass surface will become a bright accent of the combined composition. Walls can be reduced by paintings with abstraction and hang a small mirror.
About how to arrange a two-room Khrushchev, look in the following video.