The design of the modern living room should be perfect, as this room is considered a “face” house. Therefore, with its design, great attention is paid not only to the decoration of walls and gender, but also the ceiling, which is the main part of any decor. Its correctly selected shape and color will allow you to make a living room with stylish and cozy, fill the space home heat and advantageously emphasize the beauty of the rest of the interior. To date, there are many options for finishing the ceiling using various building materials and structures, thanks to this, it is easy to choose the necessary themes and give the room completed.
Types and designs
Ceiling design in the living room can be performed in different ways. Depending on the size and height of the room, it is used as applying the decorating layer directly to the base itself, and the mounting of suspended compositions using drywall and canvases is carried out. Simple finishes include:
- Whitewash. This method is considered to be “old” and gradually losing their relevance, it remains in demand among apartment owners and houses, because the whitewashes do not require special financial costs and is done quickly. For its execution, it is enough to apply a solution from chalk or lime to the ceiling. So that the surface has acquired the desired shade, special dyes add to the solution. The main disadvantage of the bliss is the need for labor-intensive cleaning of the room after work and in the careful elimination of surface defects before the workflow.
- Painting. It is most often preferred in conventional repair in the hall. Water dispersed and water-level paints of different colors are chosen as a coating. Painting can be carried out both expensive and cheap dyes. So that the ceiling is beautiful, it is necessary not only to carefully prepare its base, but also to draw paint into several layers.
- Fucking wallpaper. It is characterized by the cleanliness of work performance, allows you to hide small seams and cracks on the surface of the ceiling. The aesthetic appearance of such a finish is preserved up to 5 years, then it is necessary to perform a restoration. For pasting, wallpaper acquires canvas from high-quality paper consisting of several layers. Usually for these purposes, wallpaper on a vinyl-based vinyl-based structure, they are durable and not afraid of wet cleaning.
- Fucking tiles. Products are decorative material of various colors and size made of polystyrene foam in the shape of squares or rectangles. On the surface of the plates can be additionally applied original drawings and patterns. To date, it is possible to meet smooth, rough surfaces of the material, a huge popularity also use tiles with wood imitation and stucco decorations. Such inexpensive and easy-to-caring products can be painted with waterfront paint.
Modern ceilings in the living room are also drawn up in the form of complex structures that happen:
- Hinged. Well suited for surfaces that need to hide various defects and placed communications. Suspended composition panels can have any shape, texture and color. At the same time, they must be complemented by beautiful backlight, which allows you to create an unusual design.
- From drywall. Similar finish requires experience and skill in performance. Look original in the living room two-level ceilings that often make curvilinear. They have excellent sound and thermal insulation, serve for many years.
But it is worth noting that the two-level framework is suitable only for high rooms. In the hall with a low ceiling it is better not to install, because the height of the space will decrease by 15-20 cm. Elasticity of drywall allows him to take a different form. Designers recommend creating from it not only simple designs, but also multi-level scenery with domes and arches. The plasterboard and stretch ceilings are originally combined, representing unusual design options.
- Cassette. They are installed on a pre-made frame. The material has the appearance of thin plates from zinc and aluminum, on the front side of which the powder layer is applied from multi-colored paint. Making the ceilings in this way you can choose a plate with a rough or smooth surface. They are quickly installed, easily clean, allow to hide ventilation systems, but are characterized by low sound insulation.
- Mirror. Are a kind of cassette ceilings, but in them instead of metal plates use decorative mirrors. Similar scenery helps to visually increase the height of the hall and give the room. In addition, they are absolutely environmentally friendly and safe in operation.
- Brew. Represent the curvilinear surfaces of complex forms that are made of metal frame, sheets of plasterboard and decorative panels. They can be mounted on the ceiling, the irregularities of which do not exceed 1-2 cm. If you plan to install a layout for communication and built-in lamps, this ceiling model will not fit.
- Rachet. Originally look both in the design of wooden houses and urban apartments. Due to the fact that the rails are made of different colors, with their help you can issue any style in the living room. An unusual option is the material covered with gilding or silver, chromed rails also look. To separate the ceiling by this method, choose a wrap material with a glossy or matte surface.
- Stretch. Have the type of solid canvas, which is made of durable vinyl polymers. At first, around the perimeter hall mounted a frame from the rails, and then stretch the material. On such a soaring ceiling, you can apply an original pattern or drawing. The composition is usually carried out from different colors and textures.
The ceiling design in the living room is drawn up by various materials, the choice of which depends on its design features. It is important to take into account the correct placement of light sources and hide electrical wiring. Any type of finish should be carried out by environmental products that would not only harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the room, but also met the conditions for safe operation. So, choosing for the design “flat” version of the ceiling, you will need a tree, plaster, paint or wallpaper. As for multi-level structures, they may have a mirror, glossy or matte appearance, which is usually created using drywall, PVC panels and plastic plates.
Recently, the combined version of the ceiling also uses much popularity, in which the suspension design is made and decorated with wooden beams and stretched canvases. The final stroke in such decoration are moldings and stucco.
For many, one-level ceilings may seem in non-primary and simple, but if you correctly pick up the finish, it will be quite the original picture. For example, the ceiling, placed by ordinary wallpaper, will look like fading, but if you apply a beautiful cloth based on fliseline or tissues, then its kind is transformed.
In independence, what kind of ceiling will be selected for the interior of the hall, it is desirable to use high-quality materials for its design, it is desirable to give preference to natural products. Huge attention should also be paid to their texture and color.
Styles of decoration
The living room is a continuation of the general design of the house. Therefore, to select it original on the background of other rooms and fill the unusual atmosphere, it is recommended to apply a specific stylistic direction in the ceiling finish. To date, there are many styles for the design of ceiling coatings, but the most important of them are considered:
- Rococo. It is characterized by the perfect flat surface of beige, blue or white. At the same time, the ceiling must smoothly move into the walls. Often, frescoes or modeling are used as decorations, and also try to fill the background with a bronze and gold tint. The chandelier is usually placed in the center of the ceiling and is a huge element decorated with crystal balls and pendants.
- Egyptian notes. They are characterized by embossed painting with antique theme. The ceiling is made simple, its only scenery can become a multifigure bas-relief or cornice. Painted surface with floral ornament. In the color scheme, as a rule, blue, yellow, raspberry and green shade prevails.
- Gothic. The ceiling is made in the form of floors of wooden beams or archs. To properly arrange the decor, it is recommended to use exclusively natural wood species. A beautiful example can serve as white wall background in the hall, complemented by black ceiling.
- Country. As close as possible to nature and does not tolerate excesses. For it, ceilings from wooden beams, from which unusual forms are laying out. The color scheme is selected spatial, and yellow, beige, brown and light chocolate tint prevailing in it.
- Classicism. Walls from the ceiling separated by beautiful cornices or friezes. Often the surface decorate with gold-plated ornament and stucco. The colors are chosen light, bright colors are completely excluded.
- Renaissance. Its distinguishing feature is clarity and simplicity, so the contrast compositions are not allowed. As lighting, you can use both point lamps and modest chandeliers. The ceiling is installed at different levels, but smooth lines must be present in each of them. The color decision is selected depending on the total background of the living room.
- Kitsch. Is a bright and exotic option for the ceiling. Provides for the use of different colors, which may not be combined with each other. For example, the base makes bright blue and frame by its cornices decorated with sparkles or stars. Kitch often choose for living rooms decorated with erkers.
- Eclecticism. Interesting direction that combines both Western and Eastern motives. Such ceilings that combine simultaneously modern, baroque and high-tech. In this case, the ceiling can be both monophonic and include separate color inserts. An original design of the design in this case will be a wrought chandelier and embossed baguettes.
- Classic characterized by such a finish at which the ceilings always look individually and unique. In the classic decor, as a rule, bright and pastel shades prevail. Designs can be single-level and speed. Beautiful chandeliers are used as lighting and complement them with backlight from point lamps. Perfectly look such ceilings, decorated with tensioned canvases, plated wallpaper or decorative plaster.
- Modern. Suitable for household owners who love all new and modern. In this finish, contrasting compositions, inserts from mirror surfaces and photopris are welcome. For the living room in this direction, 3D ceilings will fit well creating an unusual feeling of lightness and weightlessness.
Traditionally, in the living rooms in the center of the ceiling, you set a large chandelier, but this option is usually suitable for a simple decor. As for complex and multi-level structures, it is necessary to use other more stylish methods for organizing lighting. For example, a good choice will be spotlights that can complement a large ceiling with original design. The area of the room plays a huge role in the choice of light sources. For small rooms, ordinary chandeliers will be suitable, and the living rooms with a low ceiling are best decorated with several lamps of the built-in type and place in the floor Louser.
Recently, housing owners prefer to make ceilings consisting of many levels. Such an architectural composition looks presentable, but if you do not worry about its backlight, the decor will be spoiled, especially if a brown color is selected for the ceiling. To avoid this, it is recommended to mount several types of lighting in the living room.
A good idea will be the use of refill lighting, which allows you to highlight unusual parts on the ceiling. Its originally complements the stylish glass lamp, while, for the decor of such a plafone, it is best to choose sofa, they will be originally overflowing with various shades and create a romantic atmosphere in the room. Instruments of the overhead type also enjoy great popularity, they are presented in various saturation and colors.
Tips for choosing
Before issuing the design of the ceiling in the living room, it is recommended first of all to make good repair and expand the space. If it is a private house with high ceilings, then its interior can be diversified by multi-level structures. In the setting of “Khrushchev”, where the room is small and its area does not exceed 18 square. m, you will need to apply various design ideas and visually lift the space.
To the ceiling turns out to be stylish and unique to follow the following advice:
- Choose to finish natural materials. They are not only considered environmentally friendly, but also perfectly look at the overall interior background. Suitable will be both wooden structures and products imitating stone.
- Take into geometry. Recently, in fashion, clear lines with proportional forms. At the same time, surfaces can be decorated with patterns or patterns with unusual geometric shapes. The compositions in the form of squares, triangles and ovals look original.
- Make attention to color design. To date, tension canvas from satin, imitating metal, are enjoying great popularity. An excellent choice for this can be the ceilings with a shade of tin, copper or brass.
- Use minimalism in the decor. Easy and modesty is always in fashion. To diversify a monotonous background, you can put the painting with folk motifs on the base of the ceiling.
Beautiful examples in the interior
- The most beautiful ceiling for the living room is the suspension design, decorated with canvas, it looks fresh and stylish. In addition, its installation is performed quickly and allows you to perfectly align the surface, and the rich selection of materials and colors is suitable for any style of registration.
- Single attention deserves suspended ceilings with photo printing, their original design can be represented by various drawings and compositions. For the living room, options are suitable with images of the sky, due to their effect of volume, the living room becomes the spacious and open, the effect of infinity is created indoors.
- Interesting also ideas with 3D canvas in the form of droplets. It is specially expanding the space and fill the hall with an unusual atmosphere. For drawings, you can choose different sizes. Such ceilings for living rooms decorated in modern style, as well as for housing owners, which are preferred in design, all unusual.
- Often in design use combinations of tensioned canvas with plasterboard. It is best to choose a monophonic surface with a gloss. It looks noble and helps to additionally emphasize the indoor interior of the room.
- It looks in a special way both in the apartment and the country house ceilings with beams. Natural tree gives the living room comfort and the feeling of natural heat. At the same time, dark shades beams are recommended for the decor, which will beautifully fit into the overall room atmosphere.
Similar structures are considered an excellent choice for all types of styles, they do not need additional finish, can be applied both on one level and speed ceilings. In order to benefit from emphasizing their beauty, a laminate or parquet should be elevated in the room, and place furniture made of natural wood.
About how to choose a design for your living room, see the following video.