In the field of interior design, there are many different styles, each of which can be implemented in the design of the living room. All destinations have characteristic features, and it is difficult to consider all the nuances when creating an environment in the hall. You need to familiarize yourself in advance with the nuances in the furniture living room and the main features of each style. Such awareness will help you not make a mistake in choosing the right concept and successfully implement it.
The living room executes one of the key roles in any apartment. She is a “calling card” at home, because it makes the main impression on guests. So as not to be mistaken in the furniture and design of this part of the dwelling, You should familiarize yourself with the basic requirements for the components of the living room:
- The central part of the room usually includes a free space located near the fireplace or walls with a TV. On this site, the carpet is usually located, sometimes allowed accommodation for the coffee table. This place creates a favorable atmosphere and prevents the appearance of excessive chief of furniture.
- An important element is upholstered furniture. She adds comfort to the room and gives the room a homemade heat atmosphere. Necessarily the presence of a sofa. It can be any sizes and forms depending on the style of the interior. Chairs will become successful additions to the sofa, but in some concepts it is permissible to do without them.
- In most types of living rooms there are sets or wall with various compartments. It is needed for the most functional way of storing and placement of things. Sometimes it includes decor elements located in the form of lighting effects or accessories on the shelves.
The headset should not necessarily be volumetric, it can vary in various sizes, including miniature options.
- Whatever style you choose, it is not recommended to leave the walls in the living room empty. Part of the surface is recommended to fill with accessories and decorative elements suitable for style. They will help the room not to lose the cozy atmosphere, will additionally emphasize the selected concept and add originality.
- In the design of the hall welcomes the combination of various types of lighting. Not necessarily limit the lighting of always alone. You can, besides the top light, install cozy lamps, scaves or table lamps. With a variety of types of lamps Your apartments will look much more interesting.
- The combination of furniture with surfaces of walls and floor. The combination is usually based on the reception of contrast or intimacy of shades. Contrast is used to emphasize the outlines of the interior items and create a rigor in the lines. The proximity of the shades is used in such directions that prefer the smoothness of lines and pastel colors.
- Like any room, the hall can not be deprived of accessories. They can be seen in the form of textile elements, figurines, vases, living vegetation, backlight. All these details are sometimes key pointers to the room belonging to a specific design concept.
- In each living room there must be a central element. Depending on the features of the room operation, it can be a fireplace or TV. If you have both of these elements in the hall, it is not recommended to install them near so that they do not interrupt each other.
Thoroughly work out all the subtleties of the design of the living room, both before and after the final definition with the style. On the study of all nuances can leave for a long time, but the result always justifies the efforts.
Style and Design
There is a huge number of interior concepts, each of which has a unique furnishings, forms and color. Before considering each direction from the position of the choice of furniture and color, you should familiarize yourself with the types of living rooms for which styles can be adapted.
There are different layouts of the hall. It is the features of the building of the rooms affect the choice of concept. There are the following types of rooms:
- Isolated living room. This room is not connected with other parts of the house with the help of the arches and partitions. It is an individual premises for receiving guests and family holidays. It is for this type of hall that the greatest variety of design is provided.
This type of room usually has either medium or small size. The most cozy they will look in English, French, classic styles. Some modern concepts are also allowed.
It is not recommended to apply into small rooms concepts requiring a large free space, for example, the Loft direction.
- Living room with zonal distribution can combine the zone of the dining room or the cabinet. In such premises, the interior of Loft, Chale, Country, Scandinavian and other modern styles will be perfect.
The overall premises most successfully contributes to zoning, and the open space helps to create a smooth and elegant transition between zones.
- In some homes, the living room is a whole banqueting hall. Overall premises of this type can be issued in the concept of Art Deco. Sometimes they are even equipped with such elements like columns. Another suitable variation can be fusion that admits the combination of food treatment zone, recreation area and bar.
Important part of each style – features of furniture and leading forms of interior items.
- In the style of chalet Preferred is the presence of a fireplace, decorated with a masonry. Rectangular shapes predominate in upholstered furniture and decor. Often the continuation of the hall is zones where massive dining tables are located.
- For the direction of Barochko Characterized by pompousness. Furniture are used expensive natural materials with skilled carvings and finishing of gold. Soft sofas with rich upholstery are complemented by a carved coffee table from the same series and luxurious porters. The fireplace will become a good interior addition.
- In the Mediterranean style Living rooms in private houses, where there are several windows and an abundance of light. For this concept, the tenderness of flowers, elegance and simplicity of forms, a lot of light and air. Furniture has smooth rectangular outlines without sharp corners or round shape. Textiles unobtrusively complements the atmosphere and creates an additional comfort.
- One of the leading styles of the MODERN group is Direction High-tech, which focuses on the definition and conciseness of the forms, as well as minimal nudity. The style is based on compactness – upholstered furniture is presented in the form of a long but low sofa, a small headset with open facades includes a separate zone for placing a flat TV. The ceiling is usually placed point lights around the perimeter.
- To issue a hall in the American style, It should competently combine smooth and clear forms. While upholstered furniture and coffee table may have smooth lines at the heart, the curtains with soft drapery from the eaves will be unnecessary detail. On the sofa you can observe an abundance of small decorative pillows.
- Living room in Scandinavian direction is a spacious bright room. In the center of the room there is a carpet, a supplemented with an elegant coffee table from glass or a round table covered with upholstery. The sofa is often angular, and the chair is deliberately distinguished by its design – it can have an unusual backlord shape or even be wicker. The walls are usually hanging on elegant rectangular patterns, weathered in a single style.
- Interior of the Hall Japanese style usually clear and concise. Sofas are always located near the walls or in the corners of the room. Wooden coffee table of rectangular shape complements the restrained concept. Instead of large headlights on the walls you can see the shelves or cabinets with an open facade.
- Direction Modern Welcomes such details as low monophonic sofas of impressive sizes and chairs from the same series. Upholstered furniture is not necessarily located near the wall, it can be in the middle of the room. Compact headsets are usually made with closed facades, in the center of the design there is a niche for a TV.
- Tekhno style implies the absence of such elements in the hall as headset. The main focus takes on a large flat TV, near which the low rectangular bedside table is often located. Furniture and accessories include clarity of lines and shapes. The room is not overloaded with decorative elements.
- Arabic design Ensures the presence of such elements in the living room like a tacht with velvet or silk upholstery. Above the design is often located can. Fitting a coffee table with a carved tabletop or legs. Special attention is paid to textiles – massive curtains and carpet with ornament perfectly emphasize the concept.
Colors characteristic of different styles:
- Preferred Shale Style Colors – Color Natural Wood, White, which can often be seen in the upholstery of furniture, dark red, gray, beige and other restrained shades.
- For the concept of baroque, natural wood colors are preferable. In most cases, the color of ivory, milk oak, beech. Sometimes noble brown tones become an alternative. Among textiles are often the fabrics of gold shades, emphasizing the luxury inherent in this area.
- Mediterranean style includes a combination of white and different shades of blue. Most often can be seen in this type of interior textiles or ornament on upholstered furniture, embodied in turquoise or maritime shade. As an accent, a beige hue can be supplemented with a beige shade.
- In the direction of High-tech, the contrast of flowers is used, especially black and white. Sometimes three colors are combined. Favorite tint in the concept is considered gray. There may be no more than two bright accents embodied in textiles and decores.
- American style is distinguished by the restrained palette of colors. The main shade of beige, it is complemented by gray, brown, dairy flowers. Yellow elements in textiles and accessories can be as an accent.
- The main color of the Scandinavian living room is white. He is embodied in the walls. In the furniture, white coating is combined with light gray, dilutes this gamut brown or beige shade. Turquoise or lemon shade can be selected as an accent. The carpet is usually either monophonic or it has a striped or diamond ornament.
- The Japanese interior is usually designed in the contrasting gamma. The bulk of the furniture has a dark brown tint. Upholstery and textiles are made in dairy tones. For bright accents, orange, pink or red colors are selected.
- Shebbi Chic – an unusual style combining white and pink colors. Soft sofas covered upside down with floral print. Single pillows are made in a gentle pink range. The room has an abundance of plants and accessories that dilute the interior with lettuce tones.
How to choose?
In order not to make a mistake in the choice of style, you need to consider the following criteria:
- Materials. They are environmentally friendly or with the addition of chemical elements, they also have different costs. For example, the upholstery for design in oriental style will be much more expensive than for the rest.
- The degree of completion of the room. If you love the abundance of furniture, then you will not fit such directions as techno or minimalism.
- Some directions require a large amount of light in the room. If a lot of natural light does not penetrate the hall, you should not make a room in Italian or Mediterranean styles.
- Color plays an important role. Food You do not like too marked light surfaces, choose styles that allow color or dark shades.
- Lovers of clear lines will come to the soul of strict styles without finishing, while romantic missions will like such directions such as Baroque, Shebbi Chic, Provence.
Useful little things
Do not forget about the intricacies of accessories, many of which are the main elements of the concept.
- Arabic style can be supplemented with pendants falling from the ceiling.
- For chalet, the suspended lamp can play a decorative role if it is framed in the form of animal horns.
- Include in the decor and lighting of the loft interior such elements as pipes and fire extinguishers. They will decompose all the features of an attic style.
- Electric fireplace will be an excellent element of techno or high-tech styles.
Soviets of designers
Interior designers are recommended to design a living room with the following nuances:
- An important role is played by the size of the room, because it determines the admissibility of using some concepts. Also pay attention to the height of the ceilings, because some types of interior are implied by the presence of a large pendant chandelier.
- For classic styles it is not necessary to use expensive materials. You can focus on the decor, which will engage in the use of cheaper raw materials for furniture.
- Use technologies to give modern interior styles of originality. For example, to diversify the style of High-tech, you should equip the backlight headset. It is preferable to choose a cold tone of lighting.
Successful examples and options
Classic and Modern conquered their unusual features of many users.
Some managed to especially successfully implement popular concepts in the interior of their hall:
- In eco-style, you can beat the dark color atypical for the concept, issued with its help niche in the wall.
- The design of Art Deco looks original in the hall, if you add a section of the room with a dense curtains. With a successful embodiment, this style can be used both in female and in a male room.
- Country style looks most bright if on the ceiling to build wooden rails.
- For interior, vintage is suitable acid accents on the necessary details and elegant open bookshelves.
- Nothing will decorate the style of an ampir as an exquisite stucco on the ceiling. Interesting relief can be created using suspended parts.
- The relief on the walls can be relevant to embody Rococo. In the limits of relief elements, small paintings of oval form will look good.
- The living room in French style will look full, if you choose straight curtains for the side of the window and combine them with tulle.
- For interior in Russian style it is better to choose wooden furniture simple forms. The surface should not be finished with varnish and decorative elements.
No matter how you decide to arrange your living room, choose this style that will emphasize all the advantages of the room and will reflect your individuality.
Read more about this in the following video.