Lighting appointed far from the last place in the home improvement. These items only seem to be poor and insignificant. In fact, with the help of correctly selected parts, you can “revive” the interior and emphasize his style.
What it is?
To begin with, it is necessary to answer the question of the tracking devices of lighting. These are special systems in which light sources are attached and move on a special bus line. Thanks to such a simple design, you can change the position of the light bulbs, emphasizing their light on a certain interior detail. Such varieties of lighting devices are often used not only in residential premises, but also public institutions: cafes, museums, restaurants, offices, jewelry stores and many other settings. This is talking about the universality of such devices.
They look great in many ensembles.
As a rule, the design of such lamps includes the following elements:
- Directly busbar on which the lamps move;
- Rotary mechanisms.
Of course, the modification of one or another device depends largely on its manufacturer. Today in stores you can meet more advanced instances equipped with other functional elements.
About what track lamps are, look in the following video.
Pros and cons
Like any other lighting device, the track lamp has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
To begin with, you should familiarize yourself with the list of advantages of such products:
- Using rail devices, the owners appear the possibility of forming directional lighting. Currently, there are many modifications of similar models. In some models, the direction of light can be adjusted, and in other light bulbs are stationary;
- It is worth noting that the track lamps are quite simple, but functional;
- Use such devices easily and just. Even a child can cope with this;
- With the help of correctly selected lamps, you can change the layout of the room by making it more spacious or, on the contrary, compact;
- Many consumers stop their choice on such devices, as they can be equipped with lighting devices of various design execution, and even the technical characteristics of the bulbs themselves can differ significantly from each other;
- Install track lamps can be installed on the ceilings with almost any trim. That is why they became so popular and distributed;
- In addition, the installation of such devices is simply carried out and easy. For this you do not need to call specialists. The main thing is to acquire all the details from one manufacturer so that the design is more stable and reliable;
- In adjustable models, you can independently direct the light into the side you want;
- Of course, it is impossible to forget about the attractive design of such devices. They look simply and unobtrusively, so easily fit into many interior stylistics;
- It is worth noting that in the process of its work, such lamps are not heated, they are fireproof and do not make unpleasant sounds;
- Compact rail luminaires on cables perfectly look in rooms of the most different planning. They can be installed even in a very small room;
- Track lamps “give out” small electromagnetic radiation in permissible limits.
Despite such an impressive list of advantages of track lamps, they still have one drawback – high cost. However, if we take into account the plus of such systems, you can close your eyes to such a shortcoming.
Types of track system
There are several varieties of modern track lighting systems. Similar structures are divided into two main groups. The affiliation of the lamp to one category or another depends on the possibility to change the number of simultaneously working lamps in the device. This function has dimmable options. Those lighting devices in which there is no such function are ordinary.
Also, track luminaires differ in the design of the busbar:
- Miniter options whose power does not exceed 12 W.
A certain amount of phases shows how the number of light bulbs in the device can be used simultaneously. And all sources can act together or work separately. There is also another criterion, according to which track lamps are divided into two types. This criterion is the installation method. Distinguish the following options.
- Embedded. Such lamps are installed in pre-prepared niches or a certain place in the room. Such options are perfectly suitable for both home interiors and museums;
- Portable. Most often to such track systems are treated for concerts and other similar events. Also, they are often found in public places (cafes, bars, clubs). Such designs are distinguished by mobility. They can be easily transferred to a new place;
- Spring. Also mobile are track lamps on the spring. Such a flexible and durable lamp for many parameters is superior to simple static instances.
Trendy in our time rails or track lamps have a fairly simple design. They consist of several single light bulbs installed on a special bus line. Simply put, on one main rail (tire) there are several lamps simultaneously (both the same and different). All of them belong to a single electrical system. Separate tracks in these structures are connected by tires representing special parts with nutrition systems or special calipers.
Tracks are different forms:
Calipers and tires make rail lighting reliable and firmly combine all important details with each other. In addition, most structures have special plugs located on the side of the tire. They only perform decorative function.
In addition to the main parts and decor, as a rule, the following equally important components are present in the track systems:
- Lighting itself, operating from a certain type of light bulbs. For track lamps, LED variants are an ideal solution;
- The electric conductor for which the current comes to each lamp in the niche;
- A special transformer, adapting the network voltage under each type of light bulb;
- Connection details. Such components can only be decorative or practical. It all depends on a particular model of the lamp;
- Suspensions for lamps.
Types of lamps can be installed in the track lamp.
- Metal halob;
Both of all there are economical and bright lamps with LED bulbs. Similar options are distinguished by low power consumption and long service life. High-quality LED light is expensive, however, it can be significantly saved on electricity.
Track luminaires can have different colors, but the most popular and common are the designs of classical shades. Consider the most attractive options that will look organically in many interior styles.
- Black and white. Such universal models fit perfectly in many ensembles. Best of all similar designs look on a contrast background. Otherwise, lamps can merge with walls. For example, snow-white models will be well released against the background of pastel, saturated or dark walls, and black, on the contrary, in snow-white, beige, cream, peach and other similar rooms;
- Traditional gray options are universal and neutral. They can be placed almost in any atmosphere. The main thing is not to have them against the background of the same gray walls and the ceiling, otherwise the ensemble will be boring and “fresh”;
- Among the most popular are Chrome structures. They not only look spectacularly, but also bring special futuristic notes to the interior. However, it is worth considering that such options will look harmoniously exclusively in modern interiors. For classic ensembles, they will not fit;
- Fans of non-standard and bold solutions will definitely come to taste Red track lamps. Similar structures look very original and fresh. Especially spectacular they look in contrast ensembles, for example, on white or black background;
- Rail lamps are smart and attractive look With golden coating. Such specimens will look harmonious in many ensembles. Golden models can be chosen even for classic interiors.
Currently, lighting devices play one of the most important roles in the preparation of a harmonious interior. Not so long ago, track systems were used only for arranging production areas or large shopping centers. Initially, they had a special design, with the help of which it was possible to easily illuminate a large space, not leaving the darkened corners. Today, such lighting devices are actively used in various rooms.
- Museums and galleries. Track lighting devices in such conditions are used not only to illuminate the entire area of the room, but also to illuminate certain exhibits or paintings requiring special attention;
- The shops. Track lamps are an excellent solution to attract attention to a certain category of goods in the conditions of trading area. Many designers and businessmen are addressed to such options;
- Country and private houses and urban apartments. Particularly organic, track lamps look in similar residential premises of a large area. Most often, they are installed in the living room, bathroom and in the kitchen over the dining table or “island” for cooking;
- Bar, Cafes, Clubs. In this case, track lamps, as in other listed situations, are perfect for attracting the attention of visitors to a specific zone.
Many designers use track lamps in their work for the separation of space. For example, using such devices, it will be possible to divide the cooking zone and dining space in the kitchen.
Tire models and design
Tire lamps are best looking in modern interiors. For example, in the conditions of the “Garage” style “Loft” similar lighting devices will look organically and attractive. They can be installed on the background of coarse walls with decorative brick or monochrome gray surfaces. Most often for such environments, the concise structures of black or dark brown are selected.
Also, track lamps are perfectly suitable for ultra-modern homemade interiors. Many designers call this direction “Classics of modern youth”. Similar style are inherent in uncomplicated parts made of non-human and high-tech materials. For example, it can be metal, high-quality plastic and other similar options. In such ensembles, tracked white, black and chrome models will look like it is impossible.
Rail lighting devices and minimalist style are suitable. Such interiors are simple, devoid of elegant lines and patterned interlacing. Similar lighting devices are just have a concise and low design that does not have intricate decor elements that are not space in minimalist ensembles.
How to choose lighting?
In the choice of high-quality and beautiful track lamp, you must adhere to some simple rules.
- To begin with, it should be declaring exactly what type of lamp you want to install in your home: mobile or built-in, adjustable or stationary. Each type of device has its advantages and minuses that you should familiarize yourself with to stay at a suitable option;
- Before making a purchase, you will definitely carefully inspect the design of the lamp. She must be in perfect condition. All fasteners should be reliable and high-quality. If the track system does not cause you trust and seems too harping, then it is better to give up from her purchase;
- Do not forget about the color decision of the lamp. For a room with dark finish, it is better to buy a contrast model of white, beige or red. As for light premises, dark track lamps will look at them. In both cases, you can install spectacular chrome specimens;
- Go shopping only in branded shops and choose products from well-known manufacturers. It will save you from the acquisition of a poor-quality lamp that will quickly fail.
Consider the advantages of several leading manufacturers producing high-quality and beautiful track lamps.
- Arte Lamp. This Italian brand produces durable and reliable LED lamps of classic colors. Most of the Arte Lamp products are designed for the modern style of High-tech and has a kind of design;
- Citilux. Track fixtures from this brand from Denmark, as a rule, are made in modern style. Many of them have elegant curved bases and suspended light bulbs of various forms;
- Novotech. This Hungarian manufacturer produces high-quality LED track lamps that combine two colors. It can be white and black or black and chrome. They look very stylish and modern;
- Paulman. In the assortment of this German brand there are inexpensive and concise lacken lamps in modern style with concise design and matte surfaces of gray.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
Gray track lamps with long bases will look good in a spacious living room in snow-white tones. Place a white soft corner in such a room, a small table with cream chairs and separate one of the walls with decorative bricks. Dilute “Fresh” paints can be large contrasting pictures on the walls.
Large track design with black grounds, assembled in a square, will look organically on the background of walls decorated with wooden panels. This solution is often used in private two-storey houses, where the first floor has a very high ceiling. Under such a lighting system, you can arrange a gray cozy sofa, a tv under TV with all the necessary equipment and even a small fireplace on the right side of the furniture.
Track lamps with bright bases, small light bulbs and two major hanging lampshades can be hung over a light dining table of wood in a room with snow-white walls. Put beige plastic chairs on the metal frame and dilute the ensemble of the accent yellow finish of the long wall, as well as contrasting small pictures on the walls.
Loft style bedroom Be sure to taste to lovers of non-standard solutions. So, in a white room with a dark floor, decorated with laminate, you can put a low modular bed of blue shade and separate the bottom of the wall behind it with decorative red bricks. In such an environment, black ceiling track lamps installed in two rows will be spectacularly highlighted, and one snow-white curved flooring near the bedroom.
The track lamp system can also be installed next to the staircase leading to the second floor in a private house. It is desirable that this design approached the color to the railing or steps of the design. For example, against the background of snow-white finishes will harmoniously look black details of stairs and black track lamps on white cables.
Snow-white track lamps can be combined in the interior with suspended chandeliers having chrome surfaces. For example, such a solution is ideal for a kitchen with dark green walls, a white ceiling and a black glossy floor. Track models can be hung near the white headset, and chrome lamps – above the glass table with a thick curved leg of white and black original chairs. Ensemble will be unusual and attractive.
Black track lamps can be hung in the White Loft-style room with walls, decorated with snow-white decorative brick. Put two shiny blue sofas in such a room opposite each other, and set a small fireplace between them with a “zebras” carpet between them. On the walls behind the upholstered furniture hang TV and colorful paintings. Complete a similar interior with pendant bedside tables with vases, supplemented by alive plants of juicy tones and high floor lamps with legs of red or yellow shade.
Chrome-plated rail systems will successfully look in the bathroom over the console beds with sink. Combine the walls in such a room with black materials, and on the floor lay a tile or waterproof gray laminate.