Street lighting device with a motion sensor is in our time a very efficient and economical tool for the most rational energy consumption for both legal entities and organizations and individuals living, for example, in a private house. After all, technologies are now especially popularity, allowing you to automate some household processes.
Naturally, the main and most important advantage of such a device is a significant economy of electricity through the fact that the street lamp works only when a person or a different living object is in its area of action. In other cases, after some time, after which nothing happens, such a lantern turns off.
In such systems, a variety of sensors are used, which have a number of their advantages and disadvantages.
- Infrared motion sensors. Among the advantages you can allocate their safety, the triggering of the sensors only from living large and sufficiently warm objects and a large range of work on the area. Among the disadvantages are the following: Natural factors can disrupt the operation of such a sensor, and if the object has protection against IR radiation, the sensor will not work.
- Ultrasound detectors. They can respond to any object and do not depend on natural factors. Also relatively cheap. Of the minuses it should be noted a negative effect on some animals, low range and lack of reaction to the smooth movement of the object.
- Microwave sensors. Have a very good sensitivity that allows them to respond to objects for subtle partitions, have compact dimensions and do not depend on the external natural stimuli. The disadvantages include high cost, the possibility of false response and danger of microwave radiation for a person.
Also, the following characteristics can also be attributed to the advantages of such street lighting:
After setting up the outdoor lighting system with sensors, it goes into automatic mode. In addition, such a system is suitable for any types of light elements and can work for years. If the lighting system with motion sensors is also also wireless, it has an indisputable advantage that is independence from the stationary power supply.
Varieties of sensors
Among the most common motion sensors used in street lighting devices, the following varieties can be distinguished: microwave sensors, ultrasound, infrared and combined.
Microwave detectors are distinguished by small size and high degree of sensitivity. The safest sensors are right infrared. And by type of work, they are divided into active and passive, responding to temperature change. Also among the sensors there are combined options in which the characteristics of different detectors are combined. Such a sensor is the most accurate and at the same time the most expensive.
By the type of sensor, it can be divided into wired, wireless and hidden. Wired sensors are one of the cheapest and installed in the building during its repair by security services. In the wireless, radio waves are used to transmit the signal. And hidden sensors can be both wired and no.
At the location of the location, the sensors can be divided into ceiling and wall.
How are arranged and how they work?
Motion sensor is a device that accepts external information, converts it to signals and then either triggers and turns on the device or not. It should be said that the principle of operation of such sensors is not difficult. For example, in the case of an infrared trap, it reacts to thermal radiation of large living objects in its area of work. Then the signal goes through the mirror system to the sensor, which is activated on the lamp.
Ultrasound detectors are sent to a wave space of a certain frequency (usually 20-60 kHz), which, reflecting from objects, returned already with another frequency. Depending on the parameters of the reflected wave, the sensor begins to work and turn on the lighting device. Microwave sensor works on the same principle as the above-mentioned. The only difference is that such a sensor sends microwave to the space (1-1000 mm long), and not ultrasound.
It should be noted that all sorts of sensors, regardless of the principle and device of their work, have a certain set of technical characteristics, namely: light-absorption (2-1000 suite), discovery distance, operating voltage and current frequency, response speed, dispersion rate and light flow, as well as working temperature.
The composition of such sensors includes delay timers for the operation of the instrument and the operation regulators. And on the number of lenses in the sensor directly depends on its sensitivity: what they are more, the better.
Types of lamps
For street lighting devices, you can find several parameters for which they should be classified.
- One of these parameters is a destination. On it, the lamps are divided into external devices, on household appliances and devices for production and work space.
- In color light flux They are separated on yellow luminaire lamps, with white neutral, as well as with cold white light.
- In its constructive differences Lighting devices are in the form of street lamps, spotlights with motion and LED detectors.
Example of a wall-mounted street lamp with motion sensor.
- On the power source used Street lighting devices are divided into stationary, autonomous (batteries) and non-volatile (solar batteries with battery are used). It should be noted that only LED elements work from solar panels, as they consume less electricity.
It must be said that the lamps differ also and by the type of light element used in them. From this directly depends on what specifications will be present at the device.
The following types of light elements can be distinguished: Classic with incandescent lamp or with an energy-saving lamp, LED, halogen and gas-discharge lighting sources.
- The most profitable of them in their characteristics should be called LED, Consulting minimum energy and non-thermal radiation. It is these lamps, despite their significant price, as it is not better suited for use in conjunction with motion sensors.
- Classic incandescent lamps For use in aggregate with motion sensors, weakly suitable, since with such modes of operation with frequent inclusions there is a rapid wear of the lighting element. The only advantage of this old illumination is its low cost, which, however, does not cross all the essential drawbacks of incandescent lamps.
- Halogen lamps This list is something average between LED and Classic, since, on the one hand, they consume less electricity than incandescent lamps, but on the other, they allocate their own heat, in contrast to LEDs.
- Mercury lamps are a variety of gas discharge. But they use mercury pairs, which is their disadvantage, since such lamps have to dispose of specially.
This also includes xenon, metal halide (distinguished by high cost) and fluorescent lamps. In the latter, the substance is used phonophore on the inner surface of the lamp.
It should not be noted that at present the area of application of such motion sensors is very extensive.
When choosing a lamp with a motion sensor, the area of its application should be taken into account. After all, a number of some of its characteristics directly depends on it.
- Because of its good economic indicators, motion sensors have found use in the following areas: street and office lighting, devices management in an automated home, security systems and alarms.
- Also motion sensors for lighting are used in conjunction with wall lamps, street lamps and spotlights.
- It should be noted that lighting with motion sensors has found its use in the household sections. It is used as decorative garden lighting or for lighting, such as pools.
How to choose outdoor lighting for a country house?
Currently, outdoor lighting in the form of lamps with motion sensors is becoming more and wide. Such lighting devices are used in private and country houses, in industrial and work areas and in park areas.
When choosing a lamp for your home, it is necessary to take into account its protection against the external environment (for example, waterproofing, dust-proof and t. D. ), Method of mounting on the wall, as well as its nominal power and sizes.
Due to the power of the device, for example, the overall dimensions and method of mounting the lamp.
And depending on the area of the motion sensor, the choice of its type depends. Also when choosing lighting with a motion detector, it is necessary to take into account the power supply factor of the device. It can be wireless from batteries or solar panels, or wired from a regular power grid.
In case you use batteries, the time parameter is taken into account.
Also, when choosing such a lamp, the factor of appearance and aesthetics is taken into account. After all, in your garden, such a lighting device should not attract attention.
It is still necessary to take into account the important parameter of the available and convenient maintenance and repair of lighting. And the glass of such a lamp must be shockped and durable.
Overview of the street lamp on solar panels with a motion sensor See in the following video.