Lighting in the house is very important. If for some reason it is turned off, then the world stops around. People are accustomed to standard lighting elements. If they are selected, the only thing that fantasy can miss is power. But progress does not stand still. A new look at the lighting was opened by the “smart” lamps, which will be discussed.
Such lamps are designed for the Smart Home system. This is an intelligent complex consisting of devices adjustable automatically. They are involved in the livelihood and safety of housing.
Such a lamp consists of LEDs and has the following characteristics:
- Power: Basically hesitated within 6-10 W.
- Color Temperature: This parameter determines the color and quality of the light flux. Previously, people had no idea about this, as incandescent lamps radiated only yellow light. LED lamps are fluctuated. It all depends on their semiconductor: 2700-3200 K – “warm” lighting, 3500-6000 K – natural, from 6000 K – “Cold”.
In smart lamps there is a wide range of this parameter – for example, 2700-6500K. Using the adjustment, you can select any type of lighting.
- Type of soccer – E27 or E14.
- Working resource: There are products that can serve you 15, or even 20 years.
Now let’s talk about the direct responsibilities of this lamp:
- Allows you to automatically turn on and off the light when moving.
- Lighting brightness regulation.
- Opportunity to use as alarm.
- Creating light scenes. Several instruments include several devices. Memorable modes that are used most often.
- Voice control.
- For those who leave their home for a long time, a function will be suitable that imitates the presence of the owners. The light will be periodically turned on, off – thanks to the installed program.
- Automatic light turning on when he swees on the street. And on the contrary – it turns off when it starts light.
- Energy saving effect: saving up to 40% of electricity.
It’s just amazing that it can create a simple light bulb.
How to manage?
This is a special topic. There are several options for this, among which are remote, manual and automatic control:
- A distinctive feature of the “smart” lamp is the ability to control it via phone or tablet. To do this, you need to have Wi-Fi, as well as download the appropriate application on your medium. Some models are adjustable with Bluetooth. You can also control your lamp from anywhere in the world. To do this, you need a specific program, as well as you will need a password.
- Touch lamp turns on using the usual touch to it. It is very convenient for children’s rooms, since its use is much simplified for children of different ages. The product with sensory control is convenient for use in the dark when it is difficult to find the switch.
- Automatic inclusion. It provides special sensors. It is advisable to use in those rooms where the light is not constantly needed – for example, on the stairs. Such adjustment is convenient for children if the kid is not yet reached before the switch.
- Remote control. This is an adjustment of the “smart” lamp from the console. There are also control panels, but they are adapted for a home in which there is a whole intelligent lighting system. Very convenient from one room to adjust lighting throughout the house.
- Don’t forget about manual control using a conventional wall switch. If it is a table lamp, the switch is right on it. In this case, the various modes of the lighting instrument are chosen by changing the number of presses or scrolling the switch in one direction or another.
It should be noted the use of devices such as a dimmer to regulate brightness and various relays, which also allow control of the operation of the lamps remotely.
Method for managing your lighting “clever”, choose depending on its type: night light, table lamp or chandelier. Well, the whole lighting systems require a more complex approach.
Let us dwell on the description of the most interesting models.
Eye Care 2
- Power – 10 W;
- Color temperature – 4000 K;
- Illumination – 1200 L;
- Voltage – 100-200 V.
This is a joint project of such famous companies like Xiaomi and Philips. Is a LED desk lamp from the Smart category. It consists of white plates fixed on the stand.
He has two lamps. The main consists of 40 LEDs and is in the working part. Additional has 10 LED bulbs in its composition, located just below the main lamp and plays the role of night light.
The main material of this product is aluminum, the stand is made of plastic, and the bent part is covered with silicone coated with Soft Touch. Due to this, the lamp can be bend and rotated to the sides at different angles.
The main thing that makes this lamp really “smart” is the ability to control it using the phone.
First, download the desired application, then turn on the lamp. To connect to the network, you must enter the password and install the plugin.
Thanks to the application, you can use such lamp features:
- adjust its brightness, just spending on the screen with your finger;
- Select the mode sparing eyes;
- The Pomodoro function will allow you to specify the mode that periodically gives a rest lamp (by default it is 40 minutes of work and 10 minutes of rest, but you can choose your own parameters);
- Lamp can be included in the Smart Home system if you have other similar devices.
Such a “smart” can be controlled and manually – using the touch buttons that are located on the stand.
Selecting one of the modes, the device is highlighted. There are buttons for switching on the lamp, backlight, brightness control with 4 modes.
Eye Care 2 lamp – truly “smart” solution. It has sufficient brightness, radiation is soft and safe. Can work in several modes and become part of the “smart” house.
This is the product of the Swedish brand IKEA. Translated the word “tradfri” itself means “wireless”. Is a set of 2 lamps, control panel and an online gateway.
LED lamps, controlled by a remote control or via android or Apple phone. Remotely can adjust their brightness and color temperature, which varies in the range of 2200-4000.
This system will be enhanced by the possibility of setting certain scripts to the lamps, as well as adjust them with voting. To do this, you will need to install the application and purchase additionally Wi-Fi Module.
Currently, the IKEA range is available not to all countries, but afterwards the number of devices will increase.
Philips Hue Connected Bulb
Manufacturer of data “smart” lamps (as seen from the name) performs Philips. This is a set of 3 lamps with a hub.
Lamps have illuminance 600 L, power 8.5 W, work resource – 15000 hours.
Hub – network association device. This species is able to adjust to 50 lamps. It has an Ethernet port and power connector.
To adjust the lighting via the phone, you must:
- download app;
- Install light bulbs;
- Connect a hub through the port to the router.
- allows you to change the tone of lighting;
- Select brightness;
- The ability to turn on the light at a certain time (it is convenient when you are missing for a long time – the effect of your presence is created);
- Projeate your photos on the wall;
- Creating a profile on the HUE website, you can use what other users have created;
- Together with the IFTTT service, it is possible to change lighting when changing events;
- step forward is the ability to control lighting with voice.
Such a “smart” lamp is a good choice for your home. It has the ease of installation and adjustment, has a wide color palette. The only drawback is not everyone for pocket.
This is not the entire list of this “smart” products, as well as its manufacturers. The goods are designed for a wide consumer group. If you are looking for a budget option – Chinese production lamps will be suitable for you. Of course, they do not die with a variety of properties, but still carry a standard set of functions at an affordable price.
For those who have the opportunity wider, products are offered products of famous brands – with a mass of additional features.
If you are tired of faded uninteresting evenings, read carefully the entire proposed assortment of “smart” lamps and select the best solution for yourself. Of course, it is necessary to approach the choice as much as possible. It should not be purchased the first device, it is recommended to consider several options.
Blitzwolf BW-LT1 model reviews can be viewed in the video below.