When it becomes cold and damp outside on the street, I want at least at home to be light and warm. The most important source of light in most apartments is chandelier. And if it is also crystal, then its value grows in a multiple amount.
Many people have crystal chandeliers associated with luxurious palace halls, where they fully correspond to the surrounding splendor. But in connection with the expansion of the market, many manufacturers offering budgetary, but at the same time beautiful and elegant crystal chandeliers appeared. If you do not know what kind of chandeliers are from Crystal, how to choose such a lamp correctly and how to care for him, then this article is for you.
Crystal for a long time was considered a special material, he was performed by healing and even magical properties. For chemical composition, crystal is a glass in which, among other things, lead oxide is contained, it is he who makes crystal so unique. It increases the refraction ratio of light, which ensures, in the literal sense of the word, “brilliant” crystal abilities. In addition, lead oxide gives glass plasticity and promotes easier processing of crystal.
Of the crystal, many different things produce: it is dishes, and jewelry, and including crystal chandeliers. The latter are most brightly demonstrated by the beauty and grace of crystal, because reflected from numerous surfaces, the light is refracted by hundreds of times, and this achieves an amazing game of light. Even the most ordinary lamp decorated with crystal suspensions becomes unique.
The main feature, according to which the lamps are separated – the fastening method. Following this feature, there are two types: suspended and ceiling chandelier:
- Suspended Mix with hook and suspension (usually this is a chain). Such chandeliers produce a stunning impression, their beauty, elegance, luxury fascinating. We meet them in spacious lobby, halls, theaters and museums. No palace hall costs without a crystal suspended cascade.
- Ceiling Crystal chandeliers are attached to the ceiling itself, while maintaining free space, so that they become applicable in conventional residential premises, such as urban apartment. For example, in the bedroom will be an excellent solution to hang a horn lamp with lampshade or with beam, supplemented with crystal droplets.
Crystal chandelier with a ring and dome can serve as a serious competitor with a ring chandelier. It looks not at all cumbersome, even, on the contrary: elegant suspension, creating an inverted dome, add the interior of lightness and airiness. Do not forget about this form of a lamp like a sconce. Crystal Woods in the shape of grapes on the living room wall will be a highlight of the interior, and a comfortable chair near him will be the most cozy place in the house.
For those who prefer modern, innovative ideas, engineers created a crystal chandelier with LED light bulbs. It can be controlled using the remote control, switching lighting modes, depending on the time of day, situations or just mood. The undoubted advantage of such a light source is a small consumption of electrical energy and ambitious operation.
Modern lamps please a variety of design. If the Czech Republic was considered the main supplier of crystal light sources of light, now the glass plants of Spain, China, Italy and a number of other countries also create a huge amount of high-quality chandeliers.
Healthy competition provides many stylistic solutions and shapes: pendants, balls and drops – all this gives sea options for selection of chandeliers. Oriented at the same time on the design of the room for which the lamp is chosen. For example, for an interior in the modern style, a successful solution will be balls or forged candles.
The chandelier with lens and pendants in the form of butterflies is suitable for the room of a young girl, the same energetic and sophisticated. Lovers of the Middle Ages, you can recommend a crystal lamp with forging. Having hung it in the living room and adding the interior a fireplace and a carpet in the form of a wild beast skins, you will create an indescribable atmosphere of that time.
For famous, influential people who are important to match the status, a worthy choice will be chandelier with a crystal Swarovski. Each lens in it is subjected to jewelry manual processing. Purity of morning dew, transparency of tears and brilliance of water stroit under the midday sun – this is not found in any other crystal grade.
Dimensions and forms
One of the most important criteria when choosing a light source is its size. Too little chandelier will be given not enough light, and too big will look pretty and cumbersome. To determine the optimal size, there is a special formula: the minimum diameter is folded out of the length and width of the room and is multiplied by 5, and the maximum diameter is equal to the sum of the length and width of the room multiplied by 10. That is, for a 6 m living room 10 m need chandelier with a diameter of 80 cm to 160 cm. In the dining room, focus on the table size, in the bedroom – on the size of the bed.
Configuration of the chandelier frame can also be any:
- In the cabinets, reception and other rooms, where you need to tune in to the business workfield, it is logical to use Square and rectangular Crystal chandeliers. They give the situation completion and rigor. Also geometric chandeliers are applicable in the hallways, as they do not occupy a lot of space.
- Special effects have square ceiling chandeliers with rhombus and balls strung on crystal thread. The refraction and reflection of light from such elements creates an amazing shine, gently enveloping.
- Round or oval Crystal Beauty is a good option in almost any interior. Hold it in the living room, and she will attract a special atmosphere of wealth and abundance. Elegant suspension fill the room with ease and illusion of magic. With a crystal lamp you can feel yourself true gentlemen.
- In low ceiling rooms, designers offer to use flat Crystal chandeliers. They consist of a panel, close pressed to the ceiling, metal reinforcement and lamps that can be LED or halogen. This option can be used in the children’s room as the most anti-vandal and safe.
Contrary to stereotypes, crystal beauties can be not only transparent and white, but also color. But then the question arises: what chandelier to choose is neutral or color? Of course, in this issue it is worth navigating the overall design, take into account the style, palette, and the workload of the details.
Traditional transparent chandelier perfectly fit into a classic calm interior.
Chandeliers of beige, smoky, silver shades will be universal for most interiors. Colored chandeliers are best used as light sources in modern interiors. For example, the monochrome interior in calm colors can be diluted with blue pillows and the same shade of chandelier.
For a clearer view, let’s see where the crystal chandelier of one or another shade will be most successful:
- White. White color is a classic. Any interior and any style with gratitude will accept the white chandelier, filling the room with subtlety and elegance.
- Black. Black lamps attach a dramatic, gothic atmosphere. Accordingly, this is a good choice for styles such as, for example, glamor, baroque and minimalism. If all the details are chosen correctly, the chandelier will be a spectacular final touch in the selected interior.
- Red and pink. Red color – Sensuality and passion color. He always attracts his eyes and is able to drag on all the attention, so with him, most importantly, do not overdo it. In glamorous and modern interiors, the red crystal chandelier will be quite appropriate.
Also, chandeliers of red shades will win in the kitchen, creating additional appetitality dishes, and making them tastier. All girls love pink, so in the maiden rooms, pink lamps will also be relevant.
- Blue, blue and turquoise. Blue color in many are associated with heaven, ease and cliffness, so the chandeliers of these shades are very popular. They are suitable for a variety of designs and give many different stylistic solutions. One of the fashion trends – blue and turquoise chandeliers from beads. Hang them in the dining area and get an elegant, flirty kitchen.
- Green. Crystal chandelier of green shade – as a sip of fresh air. Of course, she will decorate any interior and give it a clean, cool focus.
- Silver and chrome plated. Chrome chandeliers can be used in the modern style of high technology. Chrome serves as an excellent light reflector and shines brightly in the sun.
- Yellow. The chandelier with a yellow tint is one of the few unsuccessful options. Such a chandelier will miss expressiveness, because the light emitted by light bulbs originally looks yellow.
Do not think that crystal eliminates the use of other materials. For example, a combination of crystal suspension and a thin fabric ceaming gives the lamp lightness and sophistication. Porcelain plaffones personify reliability and luxury, and brass fittings demonstrate durability and stability.
Glass pendants and plafones can also be elegant and beautiful. For example, Czech glass, which is also called crystal, in fact it is not, these are two different materials. But no one will argue with the beauty and luxury of Czech glass.
If you ask your parents about whose production was the chandelier they bought before, then, undoubtedly, they will answer that it was the Czech Republic. In those days it was the most popular manufacturer of Crystal. However, now the situation has changed and many competitors have emerged from Czech companies:
- One of the most expensive and prestigious manufacturers is the brand Swarovski. Little scheduling from such a crystal will cost from $ 1000, and for a large lamp will have to lay out a couple of tens of thousands of dollars. It is not surprising that Swarovski crystal chandeliers are found only in houses of famous persons, penthouses and halls.
- Another famous Crystal Company – ASFOUR, Egypt. Prices for her products are much lower than on Swarovski, however, ASFOR chandeliers are not less elegant and also attract attention.
- In Italy, chandeliers produce such companies as Mariner, I. VENEZIANA LAMPADARI AND J. Vila. Usually they use floristic motifs and copying historical samples.
- Products Spanish firms has the highest quality and can not only with Italian, but also with German brands.
- The largest Czech manufacturers of crystal are companies Preciosa and Bohemia Light Crystal. Chandeliers from Bohemian Crystal appeared in Russia among the first, and it is they who illuminate the halls of the State Duma and the Kremlin.
- Austrian chandeliers are considered one of the world leaders, ceiling crystal chandeliers EGLO and GLOBO (Austria) are successful for buyers.
- Crystal chandeliers from Germany – This is an excellent future investment. Their luxury and sophistication are indisputable. Like good, dear wine, the value of them over the years is only growing. You may not doubt that the German chandelier you will transmit from generation to generation.
- We in Russia have its own representative of the Crystal Business – this is all the famous city Goose crystal. Many at home are the chandeliers of Russian production and appreciate them no less than Italian or Egyptian.
- If the expensive crystal chandelier you do not afford, pay attention to the lamps Chinese production. Among them, you can choose a decent option with impeccable quality and at the same time inexpensive.
Accessories for chandeliers
Crystal is a very sensitive and fragile material, so sometimes, due to non-accurate circulation, terrible can happen from a crystal chandelier: some kind of it is chosel. In this case, you should not panic and immediately run to the store for a new one, because it costs a lot of money. The left element can be glued and if you do everything carefully, then no one will ever notice breakdown.
- Restoration need silicate glue.
- Restaped piece need to be thoroughly wash with water and dry.
- Then the surface of the chip should be deguted so that the glue grabbing as hard as possible.
- The glue must be applied as a thin layer as possible, and then press the element to the whole part.
- The adopted glue should be removed by a soft piece of fabric while he does not dry.
As you can see, eliminate the malfunction is very easy.
Immediately hang the light device should not, you need to wait a bit to make the details completely glued.
Of course, it can happen and so that the breakdown will be more substantial, and your chandelier will suffer, for example, a whole horn or a ceiling.
This option is also not a catastrophe, since, fortunately, there are shops not only crystal chandeliers, but also their spare parts. They contain a large selection of suspensions, horns and ceiling, including spare parts for rare models.
In addition, they can purchase other components, such as sockets, connecting elements, hooks and other accessories.
Crystal chandelier – this is definitely a very beautiful thing. But at the same time, it requires careful care, because if it does not remove dust in time, the crystal shine will die. Now there are many different sprays for cleaning crystal products, so this process does not take much time and should not scare you.
Before the “bath” procedure must be turned off the light. Then you need to spray the cleaning agent on the chandelier and wipe all the details with a dry cloth. Remember that crystals are very fragile, be extremely careful and attentive. Of course, if there are many suspension, the event can delay, but the result will surely be happy with you and your chandelier will shine in a new way.
By the way, a special spray with an antistatic effect appeared on the market now, which prevents dust settlement. Such funds make it easy to facilitate the process of care for the crystal chandelier.
Tips for choosing
Designer options for crystal chandeliers are very numerous. The lamp may have a variety of shapes and sizes, decorated with pendants, threads, flames and lamps in the form of candles. There is even such a statement that this interior should be selected under the original chandelier, and not the opposite.
Many stops the idea that the crystal chandelier can only hang in a large room, but it is not. Even for the bathroom you can pick up a small neat lamp, the suspension in the form of droplets of which will be associated with water drops. The main thing is to remember.
- For small rooms and low ceilings, it is better to use small chandeliers, they can also be stylish and beautiful. Do not close the space with excessive details, such as candles or suspension, stop on a flat ceiling model. The space of living rooms and halls, on the contrary, allows the use of cascade pendant chandeliers (of course, provided sufficient area).
- Lovers of original ideas can find a solution in the form of a chandelier of an unusual form, for example, in the form of a ship. Do not hesitate, even the smallest details can recreate, and the delight of friends will be provided to you.
- In the bedroom, focus on the surrounding interior, color gamut and the size of the bed. Do not overload the room too catchy chandeliers and bright light. Remember that the most suitable light for the room is scattered, so take such a model so that the light is refracted and reflected from the elements of the lamp.
To make the chandelier give enough light, you need to take into account the number of light bulbs. Lighting rate in the residential room – 15 W per square. M. Accordingly, for example, a three-color chandelier is suitable in a small bedroom to 10 square meters, and a lamp with 5-6 lamps will be required for a large living room or more.
To date, everyone can buy a beautiful chandelier who satisfies all his wishes. Focusing when choosing your taste, but also do not neglect the advice of professionals, and then the chandelier will bring you not only the light, but also joy.
Crystal chandeliers in the interior
Many, when choosing a chandelier with envy, look at crystal options, but believe that such beauty does not work for their interior. In fact, the crystal chandelier can easily fit into almost any interior, the main thing is correct to choose.
Modern style becomes very popular. This style gives the room a modern image and allows you to get away from the boning stereotypes in the design of the apartment. Therefore, if you don’t like excessive pompousness, and at the same time I want to go out for the strict framework, the chandelier in the modern style will be a good option.
Another popular area – Provence. His French gave us, and most of all it is suitable for country houses, where it looks most harmonious.
Crystal chandeliers in this direction are found quite often, they are usually decorated without unnecessary personnel, have a floral design and candle bulbs. This kind of lamps will look wonderful in the kitchen, in the dining room or in the bedroom. They fill the room with comfort and create an atmosphere of comfort.
Of course, it is impossible to neglect eternal classics. Classic Crystal Chandelier – The Pledge of Hispanity and Elegance. The classic always perfectly fit into the kitchen and in the bedroom, and in the living room. Typically, classic chandeliers are used to illuminate in the living rooms, in the situation of which they contribute solemnity and elevation.
A variety of beautiful crystal chandeliers – in the video below.