If it is necessary to illuminate the local area, while without installing lighting equipment, the searchlight will be helped with a tripod. The device is distinguished by high mobility, low weight and wide range of applications.
The searchlight on the tripod is designed to create temporary illumination. Most often used in workshops and studios, on construction sites to illuminate individual zones.
Instant Rizhag – no need to wait until the lamps will be spoiled, so it is often used as emergency lighting;
Instantly renew work in power failures;
do not need additional service after connecting;
economically spend electricity;
Mobility – easy to transfer, use only if necessary;
The average service life of 30-100 thousand. hours depending on the type of lamps used;
Safe materials are used for production.
Floodlights on the tripod usually do not overload the power grid. This allows you to use several devices at the same time.
The searchlight looks like a tripod on a tripod, with fasteners for lighting. Usually placed two spotlights. The tripod itself is made of aluminum, which is resistant to corrosion and deformation. Perhaps additional protective coating. As well as some manufacturers produce models with telescopic rods, which allows you to adjust the height of the tripod.
If necessary, tripod and lamps can be purchased separately. The latter is easy to change depending on the lighting needs. All this makes the searchlight more versatile.
What are there?
Classify spotlights in several parameters, for example, type of lamps, assignment or power supply.
By type of lighting allocate:
halogen – Give warm, attic, point lighting, have high reliability, but consuming electricity significantly, and the body is strongly heated;
- Metal halogen – Give cold, bright lighting, is immune to voltage drops, have a high service life, but it takes time to spare;
- sodium – Give warm, soft lighting of yellow color, require minimal maintenance, but have low power;
- LED – most popular, have a light flux density, give bright lighting, suitable for large areas, work better, do not require additional maintenance, impact resistant, the only drawback is a high cost that pays off a long service life and cost-effective energy consumption.
Floodlights on the tripod are usually found either diode, or halogen.
Signal spotlights – used for optical communication;
Pulmonary light – for uniform lighting, most often used to illuminate streets and courtyards;
accent – to create light accents in niches, arches, backlight statues and columns;
Mastovye – lighting of the territories of a large area;
Far Actions – emit light beams of cone-shaped.
At the place of installation are street and internal. The searchlight on the tripod is more versatile, you can use both indoors and put out on the street. In this case, it should be relying on the moisture protection characteristics of a particular model.
Floodlights on a tripod can be installed on a tripod or immediately on the floor. And also often can be suspended with the ceiling or wall, since the whole design is disassembled.
Especially universal battery searchlight, because it can work in the field away from power sources. You can take it on a journey, fishing or to the cottage.
For production works produce a construction portable spotlight. It gives excellent lighting, allowing you to consider even small parts of the surrounding space. It is easy to install, and the telescopic rack will allow you to set the necessary height and tilt. There are models with battery.
The power of the searchlight is considered by the number of lamps. If there are two of them, and the power of each is made up 50 W, then 2×50 will be indicated in the characteristics, and the frequency of the searchlight will be 100 W. Usually, two lighting devices are installed in the searchlight on the tripod, less often four.
Tips for choosing
Depending on the technical characteristics and type of lighting lamps, the cost of floodlights on the tripod is greatly different. So as not to overpay or not get to write, when you select it should be repeated from the appointment of the device. If you want to illuminate the veranda or gazebo, then it is some reader requirements.
If you want to illuminate a certain area of construction work, it requires more qualitative and vivid lighting, and therefore completely different requirements for technical specifications are presented.
An important role is played by the location of the spotlight – Street or Building. Adverse weather conditions, dust and sand can spoil the device.
Therefore, when choosing a searchlight, you need to pay attention to a number of characteristics.
- Power. Measured in watts – W. This parameter shows which area can be lit. Than he is higher, the brighter lighting. For example, for a gazebo in the garden, 10 W is enough, for the courtyard you need at least 30 W. And to highlight a small warehouse, it will take 100 W.
- Colour temperature. Shows the shade with which the spotlight will shine. Measured in Kelvin – to. Three types of color temperature are distinguished.
Warm (up to 3500K) – Yellow light, soft, not cutting eye. Great for illumination of areas of recreation and house sections, it does not blind eyes even with close to the light source.
Day (3500-5000K) – Alternative to Sunny Lighting. Perfectly suitable for work, as it gives good lighting, but the eyes do not get tired. Often used to illuminate working zones.
Cold (from 5000K) – Bright white light, strongly blinded eyes. Suitable for lighting large areas, such as warehouses.
The closer the searchlight will be located for a person and less space of the room, the warmer you need to choose light.
- Light return. Shows how bright and well the territory will be covered. It is measured by LM / W. The better the quality of lighting should be, the higher the indicator should be. Optimal indicator from 60-80 LM / W.
Unfortunately, this parameter does not always indicate this parameter, but it can be calculated independently. To do this, it is necessary to find the characteristic of the luminous flux, which is measured in lumens (LM) – it shows the amount of light emitted by the searchlight – and divided into power (W).
- Color reproduction index. Shows how accurately the colors of items are transmitted when illuminated by the searchlight, as the lighting is sometimes distorting the real color of objects. This parameter is more important to photo studios and workshops, where the correct color transmission is important. Measured in RA. Accordingly, the RA1 index means the worst color reproduction, and the RA100 is the best.
Optimal for view index 70-80RA. But if you want to highlight only the tracks in the garden, it makes no sense for overpaying.
- Dust Gallery Class (IP). This indicator is important when choosing street searchlights, because the life of the device directly depends on it. The higher the parameter, the better the protection of the spotlight from moisture and dust. For example, the IP65 class device will withstand rain, IP67 – can already be used under water. But the IP20-22 class is calculated only for the room.
- Motion Sensor. Allows you to save on electricity, since the device is turned on only if necessary. The sensor responds to movement, and the searchlight turns on automatically. Suitable for illumination of zones, in dire need of backlight, but where people rarely go, for example, dangerous areas of the road or stairs.
The sensors are not equipped with all searchlights, but they significantly affect the final value.
If you choose a searchlight based on the parameters above, you can save significantly. For example, for the illumination of the porch of the private house, the device is quite suitable for a capacity of 10-50 W and a temperature of 4000 K, you can even equipped with a motion sensor so as not to burn all night.
To light up the warehouse requires a brighter and powerful device. This is definitely cold color, and the power must be about 100W. Accordingly, focusing on the parameters from manufacturers, you can immediately purchase a suitable searchlight, and not suffer after not enough lighting.
And it is also important to take into account the climatic features of the region. Not all searchlights are equally transferred high or low temperatures. Therefore, it is important to carefully examine the information in the characterization of the device.