Many varieties of ate, for example, Serbian spruce, fit perfectly practically in any landscape. Trees are often planted around the perimeter of the plot in order to beautifully arrange the territory and give it a more natural (natural) view. Ate grown near the house or in the depths of the yard at the fence. Serbian spruce attracts attention to a unique structure and view.
This coniferous tree can reach 50 m in height, has a narrow pyramidal or column-like shape with a pointed crown. The bark of the tree is sufficiently dark, branches – brown shades. The natural zone of growing culture covers Western Serbia and Eastern Bosnia – mountain areas at an altitude of 800 to 1600 m above sea level. The area occupied by this zone is 60 hectares.
In landscape design, Serbian spruce has been used since 1880, thanks to its decorative properties and resistance to external factors. For example, this variety is little susceptible to harsh winters, survives in a polluted urban environment.
In total, in nature, it is possible to detect up to 30 sorts of Serbian ate (another name of the species – “Omorik”). It differs in size and shaped of the crown, as well as on the color of the needles. Serbian spruce belongs to rare a family of pine, which received a relatively widespread distribution in the culture of growing fir trees. When choosing a Serbian ate for cultivation on its site, it is worth focusing on its botanical description to follow the overall design of the territory.
Evergreen tree on average reaches a height from 20 m to 35 m, with a diameter of the trunk to 1 m. The characteristic distinction of such firs was their narrow crown and raised short bitch. Spruce needles can reach 20 cm long. Their color is interesting: on top of the chevings have a blue-green shade, and below – silver or white-blue. On the trees ripen bumps 4-7 cm long, dark brown shade.
In gardening, Serbian spruce plays an important role, as it can adapt to different soils and decorate any landscape around. In North America and Europe, the trees for frost resistance, growth rate and high-quality wood have long appreciated. In a forestry, growing christmas trees attach special importance on the eve of the New Year holidays.
Grows spruce quickly, since she has a strong root system.
Softwood trees have a lot of advantages. Ate long-livers in wildlife can live to 300 years. For 30 years, the increasing varieties are able to reach 15 m, adding 50 cm each year in height. Beautiful spruce are distinguished by grace and slimness at any age. Even greater decorative herringbones give cones that appear on a lush crown on the twelfth year of life. They have a dark brown or purple-violet shade, do not fall away from a strong wind.
The popularity of Serbian spruce (Picea Omorik) among gardeners and landscape designers is explained not only by her decorativeness, but also inconspicuous to care. Landing looks spectacular in a wide variety of compositions. Often Omorika enters the design of living hedges.
Types and varieties
All the sorts of Serbian ate perfectly take root in medium latitudes, regardless of the quality and type of soil – podzolic, acidic and sandy. However, the plant badly tolerates strongly moistened soils. Before buying a fir, it is necessary to take into account the fact that different grades of omarians may differ in size and altitude, which is important in the household plot. In more extensive territories you can break whole landing of these conifers.
Among the varieties of Serbian spruce there are the most common and popular. Let us dwell on them in more detail.
- “Pendula”. Picea Omorika Pendula combines well with other group landing trees. Has a unique curved shape of the trunk. The tree can reach up to 10 m in height and looks good in the garden or in the park. Characterized by a thick fluffy crown and tightly adjacent to each other by branches.
- “Pendula Bruns”. Another representative of Omorics. In comparison with the fellow, the tree reaches no more than 5 m in height and has a direct barrel. But Krone has a whirlpool whirlpool, pyramidal.
- “Nana”. This variety of ate is distinguished by small sizes, almost almost up to 4 meters long. However, in landscape design, this type of coniferous looks organically and appropriate.
This is one of the slowly growing varieties of ate, requiring abundant irrigation into particularly hot periods.
- “Freya”. One of the most unpretentious varieties of ate. Grows in any conditions, but loves more solar zones. Grows quickly, reaching in a height of 20 m.
- “Karelian”. This variety ate one of the smallest in size. Trees calmly withstand frosts up to -30 degrees. Ate grown up to 80 cm in height, making them like shrubs. Many gardeners like this “effect” in landscape design.
- “Aurea”. Another kind of Serbian ate having medium sizes – reaches 12 m in height. At the same time, the growth of ate is quite intense – about 30 cm per year. This variety is perfect for solitary rest. For the plant is characterized by yellow-green painting of needles.
- Pimoko. This is a more decorative dwarf variety of ate with an interesting two-color cheese – needles from above have a dark green color, and below – a grayish blue. Adult plants reaches up to 0.9 m in height. Landing distinguishes lush thick vegetation with a conical or spherical crown. You can land a variety in the shade and in a cold climate.
- “Vodan”. Also enough interesting grade for middle strip. Refers to the dwarf decorative grades of coniferous trees, reaches about 1.5 m. Crown trees are wider by proportions, up to 50 cm in girth.
No less demanded varieties in landscape design are:
- “Svet Tijin”;
- “Pendula Cook”;
- “Rother Auskereb”;
All types and varieties of Serbian spruce (Omoric) distinguishes unpretentiousness when growing in a variety of conditions. So often the Christmas tree can be seen in urban parks and squares.
In horticulture, depending on the size and shape of the crown, Serbian ate is grown as independent landings or in compositions with other coniferous plants, for example, when designing an elevation, alpine slides.
Recommendations for choosing
Almost all sorts of Serbian spruce can be used in medium and northern latitudes. For example, most of them are suitable for Moscow region. For that To grow beautiful spruce on its plot, it is worth choosing the seedlings.
The selection of the variety is due to several criteria: the height of the tree, the width of the crown, the color of the needles and cones, the possibility of growing in this area (no obstacle for the growth of seedlings).
Buy seedlings close to spring when the landing time comes. So that there are no surprises, it is worth trusting specialists and acquire healthy plants in special nurseries. There, the village grows in the open ground, which favorably affects the adaptation of seedlings in a new landing place. Kennels offer two types of seedlings: with open or closed roots.
In the first case, the Christmas tree will have to plant as soon as possible so that the root system does not have time to dry, and during transportation to the place of landing the roots should be moisturized.
Choosing a seat under the landing of the Serbian ate, it should be considered its size in adulthood. It is desirable that there was nothing superfluous on the crown of seedlings – plants, buildings, crossbars. Sufficient illumination of landing space – important but not solving criterion. Although even the teothelubile plants love the sun and space. You should not plant ate in wetlands – too wet ground can destroy the root system.
Otherwise, there were absolutely non-connotable for environmental conditions, the main thing is to initially put them. Little seedlings can be planted in a pot. You can slightly improve the quality of the soil for a seedling – for example, add lime to acid soil, loose soil to strengthen clay, and heavy – dilute with sand.
Seasonal planting ate – Spring and autumn.
The process of a single planting seedlings of Serbian ate looks like this:
- It is necessary to prepare a pit, the bottom is slightly filled with sand and rubble to get drainage;
- Seedling with neatly straightened roots to install in the center of the pit, carefully float the soil (you can add sand and peat);
- It is important to leave the root neck on the same level with the Earth;
- Now you can pour a plant.
In the event that ate landed with groups, you should measure the distance between them depending on the variety:
- The distance between the dwarf species is 50 cm-1 m;
- Sufficient place for medium-sized varieties – 3-5 m;
- Large copies will feel good at 5 m from each other.
Note: The rest of the plants can be planted near Omoriki, but taking into account that the fallen needles will take the space around him over time. It can damage some low-speed “neighbors”.
Instructions for landing Serbian fir in the video below.
Care for Serbian fir enough. The main thing is to follow the state of seedlings, to avoid diseases regularly water, especially after disembarking, for 2-4 weeks. Then water can be less likely, but abundantly. On one sapling goes about 10 liters of water. Adult copies are watered at the calculation of the water bucket on the mission meter of the tree. Than land and hotter, the more often it is necessary to irrigate the crown.
Next important stage when leaving for Serbian fir – feeding. It happens two types: root and extraxarrow. For feeding coniferous crops there are special fertilizers. In the process of cultivation, in the first two years, the soil in the roar system mulch and loosen.
Then it is enough just to mulch the surface of the earth in the roots using a pine bark and peat.
Another important factor of coniferous trees – pruning. In principle, Serbian spruce does not need forming trimming. However, the regular “haircut” does not prevent. This is done with the purpose of freeing the tree from dry and broken branches and as sanitary measures. You can also conduct periodic cleaning of the crown. Than it is more rescued, the easier it is and faster this procedure.
Special attention is paid to the decorative dwarf varieties of spruce, which have a more dense crown. Accordingly, the crown is put in order annually. If necessary, due to the presence of pests and diseases – plants are treated by fungicides.
Decorative sorts of Serbian erase seed method do not multiply, as this is too time-consuming. For growing, the shilling is used as the most reliable and proven method. Engaged robbery better in spring – in April. Some gardeners endure this procedure for autumn and use growth regulator. There is still a vegetative way of reproduction of the Serbian ate when vaccination is made on an ordinary spruce.
Diseases and pests
Coniferous trees have a strong structure. Ate well tolerate many negative external factors, but sometimes with diseases sometimes have to fight for a long time. Basically, all incidence of conifers are eliminated with the help of fungicidal preparations. At the slightest defeat, the attractive land is treated and the tree trunk itself. Then the soil is good on the root system.
In the spring, at the beginning of the growing season, it is recommended to process the crown with copper preparations (spraying). The branches with the foci of the disease should be removed so that the fungus and viruses do not move to healthy processes.
Preventive measures will help diseases and pests. Important to remember:
- Only healthy seedlings are suitable for landing;
- Coniferous trees should not be in close proximity to patients with plants;
- As the seedliness increases for immunity, microfertilizers should be used;
- Wood should not land deep into the ground – the roots should be closer to the surface to get enough moisture;
- Moisture deficit – the main enemy of young coniferous landing.
Adhering to these simple rules, you can help the trees to strengthen in the ground and resist the pests.
Usage in landscape design
Serbian spruce looks great on any subsidency. Omoric decorative varieties – one of the popular ways of decoration and zoning the territory. These coniferous cultures are used in various green compositions. Ela Serbian often becomes the main emphasis in landscape design.
Consider on the examples how it looks.
- “Pendula Bruns” perfectly feels in a vertical cooker in a tough garter. Without fasteners you can get trees more bizarre.
- To dwarf plants like “Karel”, “Vodan”, “Pimok” More requirements are presented, as they are grown in flowerbeds and mountaineers.
- “Linda” or “Zukerut” Sit down in the parquet. BUT “Jellyfish” and amuses his appearance at all.
- Swallowing crowns Better look in the gardens, where the focus is on the group of trees. Fir will be significantly issued among them.
There are many ways to decorate the landscape of your homestead with conifers. In addition, they are good “friends” among themselves.
Also in the neighborhood you can plant any other cultures that require the same rare, but abundant irrigation, like Serbian spruce.
By winter, culture can not be covered, if it is not young landing. It is worth noting that all the sorts of Serbian spruce serve as an excellent source material for new types of so popular coniferous culture.