Velhets – unpretentious bright flowers, which for decades remain the main decoration of many gardens, gardens and groves. In the people they are called lights, blackheads, among the gardeners they are known as “Tagtess”. This article will consider the question of when and how best to plant velvets on seedlings, as well as the most successful deadlines for disembarking these unique colors in open ground.
Currently, more than 10 different types of velvetsev are known, but only three are most often found on our gods: narrow-mounted (Tenuifolia), reprehension (Erecta), rejected (patula). Each of them has its own landing features, since it is removed in certain latitudes and temperatures. The most common way to grow velvetsev – through seedlings with seeds in the early spring. This method is most popular, since neither seeds or seedlings of this plant will not tolerate low temperatures and may not fit on solid and cool spring soil. Do not land velvets simultaneously with planting more sorrowful of herbs and colors.
The best time to land them in the open ground is considered to be the beginning of June.
Velhets – exactly those flowers that need care only for the period of growing seedlings. After disembarking Tagtetes in Earth, the requirements for the care of the plant will practically disappear. All that will need from you – timely watering and weeping plants. With the rest of Tagtess will cope on their own. When landing, consider the variety and varieties of velvetsev. Low-type varieties (up to 20 cm tall) are usually growing in small bushes, and therefore the distance between landed seedlings can be no more than 7-10 centimeters. Tall varieties often grow into bulk bushes with lush buds, and here the distance between the plants should be at least 10 cm.
The main advantage of landing the velvetts is that they are remarkably transferred a transplant at any age, even in the period of active flowering of buds. However, it is worth avoiding frequent transplant seedlings from place to place. So you risk damageing not yet tricky root system. Before planting seedlings to open ground, follow the favorable temperature, but avoid direct sunlight on the petals of young flowers. Adult velvets velvets, so the place for planting seedlings is worth choosing solar and open. Soil for the plant should be spring and loose, it will make it easier for germination for young roots.
When selecting buds on seeds Wait for mass flowering plants. Do not disturb the cuts just appeared flowers.
Dates of sowing
When planning any decorative plants, including velvetsev, it is worth sticking to exemplary seed seed and seedling seedlings in the ground. If we talk about the southern regions, the landing of seedlings into open ground should be spent closer to mid-April, after the first sun warms the earth. In the northern regions it is worth shifting the landing time at the beginning of the summer, as the soil does not warm up and the main part of the plants can freeze.
Consider that the flowering time of buds will also change with changing the landing time. If you sow the velvets in the winter at home, you can get full-fledged flowers by the middle of spring. Best of all in such cases, sowing in mid-February. If the plant began to bloom and covered with young boutons, and before warm days, not less than a week – do not worry. Velchatts Standly tolerate the transplant even during flowering. Also widely practiced sowing seeds of the velvetsev already in the late autumn, when the period of abundant rains has already passed. At the same time, the first sprouts of the plants make their way in the open ground in the early spring.
It is worth remembering that they are not particularly stable even to minimal frost.
There are three versions of the velvetse landing:
- Open soil;
- Sowing on seedlings at home.
Sowing on seedlings It is worth starting in mid-February (in this case, it is necessary to create a comfortable microclimate for seeds, and also does not prevent artificial lighting). Landing the velvets under the film or to the greenhouse it is better to postpone before the start or mid-May. If we are talking about landing seedlings in open ground, then you should navigate the end of May. Given the variety of varieties of velvetsev, the timing may vary slightly.
The time of sowing and planting the velvetsets, it depends on the region – in certain latitudes, the average daily temperature may be less or more, and therefore the method and time of landing may vary.
Ideally, the saplings of the velvetsev need about 2 months to grow up before disembarking into open ground, however, if you sowed the plant too late or the cultivation temperature was not sufficiently favorable, deadlines may move away. In any case, before you decide to plant a plant under the open sky, it is worth sure that unexpected freezers will not follow in the near future. In particular, it concerns sudden temperatures in regions such as Ural, Siberia, Far East.
In the regions with a similar climate, the landing time of seedlings to open soil should be moved to June, therefore, sowing the seeds themselves should be held only in the second half of April. In the suburbs, these terms a little earlier and go to the beginning of the middle of April, while planting plants in open ground to spend at the end of May – early June. In any case, consider that the temperature of the soil should not be below 15 degrees, it concerns and planting plants to a greenhouse.
At the moment there are more than 50 different varieties of this amazing plant, each of which differs not only by external features (height, number of buds, shades of flowers, the structure of leaves and bush), but also a period of flowering and growth. When determining the time for sowing seeds or planting seedlings, consider the varietal features of the plant. Remember that tall varieties of this plant bloom 2-3 weeks later than the lowest. The first to sow straight-resistant varieties of vertex – from the last numbers of March to mid-April. Then there are low grades of the plant – the beginning-mid-April. Tricar velvets are better to close in late April and until mid-May.
If the weather is favorable and enough water and nutrient elements in the soil, you can see the first flowers at the beginning of summer.
Beautiful and healthy chucks of velvets – not so much the influence of environmental conditions, how much the result of primary care for seeds and sprouts. It is during the period of germination that the plant is susceptible to the greatest stress, so it is necessary to take care of creating ideal conditions for its growth. The velvets are not particularly whimsical to the place of germination, this is one of those species of plants, which is capable of developing the root system even in a relatively small space. For landing, standard wooden or polymeric boxes 20 by 30 cm are most often selected, you can also use conventional plastic cups, boxes from underclothing cardboard.
If you decide to plant flowers into one large capacity, then you should choose breathable containers with holes (bottom or on the sides) so that the excess water can freely flow out. So you get rid of the risk of root rotting. It is possible to use peat pots, which, after germination, seeds are placed with a plant directly into the ground – this ensures the safety of the barrack root system. Try to buy peat tanks from proven manufacturers, as today many firms use cheap cardboard to create such pots.
During the preparation of the container, it should be sent to the bottom of paper or cardboard, then you should take care of the drainage of the tank – for this, a thin layer (no more than 3 cm, depending on the depth), it is worth a tightly to send a grainzit or small crushed stone.
The ideal option for planting seedlings will be light soil with a large content of nutrient elements and good access to oxygen and water. Such a mixture can be made independently. Depending on the capacity of the capacity, follow the following proportions:
- Garden soil – 2 servings;
- Mixture peat – 1 portion;
- 1 portion of ordinary humoring;
- 1 portion of large sand, depending on the type of velvetsev, its number can be reduced;
- So that the soil was more loose and was able to pass the air, you can add some coconut fibers to the top layers of soil.
However, this is still not enough to create a healthy soil. So that the soil is not only breathing and healthy, but also safe for seeds, it should be disinfected in advance from parasites, fungi and disease. For this, just paint the soil with a small amount of hot water with the addition of manganese solution. You should not water it boiling water – so you can destroy the nutritional elements in the soil. Also for disinfection you can use ready-made solutions. The most common options are the means “Vitaros” and “Phytosporin”.
For disinfection you can also put the soil in the oven or double boiler. To disinfect the soil, this method is worth to wait at least an hour, if we are talking about calcining in the microwave, the time is reduced to 10-15 minutes. Such a procedure is needed, including for destruction in the soil of seeds of weeds. If you do not want to mess with the preparation of soil at home, you can always buy a ready-made mix in stores for gardeners. Often such mixtures are already disinfected and do not need calcination.
After all manipulations, the soil falls asleep in the tank and placed in the room with room temperature (+ 20-23 degrees). 3 days should be waited for development in the soil of a suitable microflora and the occurrence of useful bacteria.
Velchatse seeds of any kind of getting not a problem – they are sold in every gardening store. If we are talking about receiving seeds from the colors themselves, then after the end of the flowering period, the plant buds are gradually yellow and black (somewhere after about 1-1.5 months). After which they are easily revealed and seeds can be freely assembled from a cup. Usually in one velvet bowl, there are more than 20 potential plants, but not all seeds take place in practice.
After you have taken out the seeds, you should put them in special paper bags or fabric herbs piles. If you have a large number of seeds after landing, then you should not throw them out or give – they can germinate even in a few years. In front of the planting procedure itself, seeds should be mixed with warm water and put in a warm place for 2-3 days (nearby batteries or on the windowsill under the sun).
Step-by-step instruction landing
After all the preparation stages were completed, it should also be consistently referred to the landing procedure itself. Below you can familiarize yourself with the step-by-step instructions in the seed of the velvetsey seed at home.
- After placing the soil in the container, a little confuse it and moisten a small amount of water. After that, in the soil, longitudinal parallel grooves depth 1-1.5 centimeters. In order for future sprouts to feel as comfortable as possible, it is worth abiding the distance between the grooves of 1.5-2 centimeters.
- Place the velvetse seeds in the grooves (it is convenient to do with a tweezers or an ordinary bent sheet of paper or newspaper). Do not regret seeds – many of them can be empty, and you can easily remove extra sprouts in the future. Many owners are planted in one container several varieties at once. To prevent mixing Put pieces with names at the beginning of each groove.
- After some submissions of seeds in the grooves should be sprinkled from the top of the same mixture as in the tank. With the number of soil do not overdo it so that the seeds are difficult to eat – 1 cm of the soil will be enough. Leave the seeds without powders too, otherwise their shell makes it difficult to develop leaves.
- Moisten a little hot seeds of cool water. Observe accuracy – make sure that the seeds are not without shelter.
- The next step is to create a favorable microclimate. For this, the container is to cover with a transparent lid, film or cloth. Thus, the soil in the tank will always remain moistage. After that, place the covered container in a warm place. Already after 1-2 weeks at room temperature, you must fix the first sprouts of the plant. An ideal temperature for germination will be 15-22 degrees Celsius. At a temperature of a smaller sprout, it will be raised much slower, with greater there is a possibility that most of the sprouts will not go at all.
- As soon as the first full-fledged sprouts of the velvetsev appear, it is worth increasing the amount of ventilation and closely monitor the legs of the plants. The velvetsev is characterized by such a disease as the “black leg”, in which the lower part of the plant is visually sophisticated and drained. The disease is quickly transferred to neighboring sprouts, which should also be immediately removed. You can once again treat the Earth using a fungicide solution.
- If the sprouts rise from the ground with healthy, frequent and strong – plants should be put on the air, completely removing the film and the capacitance cover. With the subsequent irrigation, it is not necessary to hurry, wait until the primary moisture in the container is completely evaporated. So that the sprouts were strong and grew faster, it makes sense to add various fertilizers in the soil at this stage.
- The subsequent stage begins with the advent of seeds 2-3 full-fledged leaves. Then you can proceed to the pickup – the landing of them in a more volumetric container, separate containers or in open ground.
After planting the plant in the open ground manipulation of care for it significantly decrease. Velhets – patient and resistant to the outside plant, which is capable of a long time to do without watering, trimming or weeping. However, if we are talking about the landing of the velvetsev in decorative purposes, then here is the care of the appearance and health of the plant goes to the fore. After diving, the sprouts are leaving very quickly. As for every plant, they need regular weeding (especially at the initial stage, when the sprouts have not yet been fixed). After regular irrigation, the ground can lose the plasticity and become solid, in this case it is worth contacting the Gardening Headquarters to break the earth around the plants.
Primary actions at the dive stage must be as follows:
- The seedlove itself should be placed in the deepening up to the level of growth of leaves;
- The root plant of the plant straightens and neatly stacked in the recess;
- Pour the plant with warm water, avoid blurring water near the base and roots;
- After irrigation, plunge on the top of a little soil and lose weight slightly.
At the stage of growth, it is necessary to take care of the fertilizer of plants (for this, various phosphoric-potash fertilizers will be suitable, which can be found in every horticultural store). Fertilizer will give young heights of power to fight against parasites and will help with rooting. If we are talking about disembarking the velvets in strictly limited containers, then to preserve moisture in the upper layers of the soil, it is enough to cover it with a small layer of small straw. Avoid the joint landing of several vertices of velvetsev, it will lead to their mixture, which will negatively affect the originality of a separate type of plant. When the pests appear on the plant, such asphids, slugs or other insects are enough to use a soap solution that you can prepare yourself.
If you are not satisfied with a short period of blossom of velvetsev, then the time can be slightly increased by cutting those buds that are already starting to dry. So greater nutrients and moisture will reach young buds faster.
Finally, you can get acquainted with a small list of useful advice, with the help of which you can grow healthy and beautiful velvets. They relate to a greater degree of landing and growing velvets in the open ground.
- Clearly follow the amount of water designed for every chopping velvetsev. In the dry time, try not to neglect an additional watering (especially for just planted flowers), at the same time, in the period of high humidity, make sure that in the root of the flower did not accumulate excess water, otherwise the chance of the formation of rot.
- Too high humidity at the initial growth phase can also lead to the appearance of more green and leaves than the colors themselves. And here the attractiveness of the plant is already suffering.
- Also, an excess of moisture can lead to rotting the infloressel. In such conditions, the flowers are extremely affected by fungal diseases. Try to immediately get rid of rotting buds or twigs so that the disease does not shift on the base of the plant.
- Velhets have a number of properties that have favorably affect the soil. It is believed that these flowers are treated with nematodes (root worm). That is why it makes sense to plant this plant along the garden beds along with other decorative and therapeutic plants.
About how to plant velvets on seedlings, see the following video.