Roses are considered the most beautiful colors, so they can be found in many variants of landscape design of cottages and country houses. Despite the huge selection of varieties, curb roses are specially popular with gardeners. Thanks to its miniature and sophistication, these flowers are originally complemented by the site landscape, speaking as an unusual framing.
What it is?
Burgundy roses are low- and average shrubs that are characterized by abundant and multiple blossoms. The height of such cultures does not exceed 60 cm. As the flowers have a view of a picturesque frame, they got the name “border”. Petals of this type of roses have a terry basis. Buds are striking a variety of colors. Some varieties have one flower can combine several shades that change throughout the season. For example, roses “Masquerade” Bright yellow petals for the fall acquire raspberry color.
Burgundy roses refer to unpretentious cultures in growing. They are great for the transplant and withstand low temperature. Such colors are widely used by designers and architects at the design of country sites, recreation areas and streets. Their main feature is that they are perfectly combined with other blooming cultures. Such roses can grow both in small pots in the apartment and in the garden. Thanks to the compactness, they are great for disembarking and on large, and on small household plots.
Border roses are different, so before buying it is necessary to learn a description of a specific variety to take into account the recommendations regarding landing and care. In this case, you will get a beautiful living decoration that will delight you for a long time.
To date, the flower market is represented by a huge assortment of small curb roses. At the same time, each variety is characterized by its peculiarities, cultivation conditions and color gamut. Sades prefer to choose the best varieties for landing, which received many positive feedback, they include several options.
- Cordula. Thanks to the easy aroma and beautiful spherical buds of an orange-red shade, such roses leave no indifferent to anyone. Flowering in plants is observed throughout the summer. Their large and bright brushes look original on the background of dark green leaves with a bronze sweat. Most often there are red roses, but their shade can change to peach. Bushes are distinguished by low growth and branchiness. The variety is easy to care and easily multiplies with stalling.
- Little White. This is a Canadian rosette with a delicate white color. Terry flowers have an average size not exceeding 5 cm in diameter. They are going to small inflorescences of five pieces and give soft fragrance. Rose bushes low-speed, reaching in height 80 cm. When cultivating culture requires regular breakdown of shoots and install protection against wind. In garden sites, snow-white flowers are well harmonized with other perennial flowers.
- Clementine. This variety is represented by represented branched bushes. Plant height is 50 cm. Orange coloring of the inflorescence gives them a beautiful view and romanticism. Border rose can also change the shade to gently apricot, it depends on the level of lighting on the site. The main advantage of the variety is that it has a long period of flowering, so new inflorescences are constantly appearing on the bushes.
- Lidia. This is one of the varieties of spray roses. Homeland Flower is Holland. The height of the bushes is small, rarely exceeds 70 cm. Bushes can grow wide up to 60 cm. Buds of plants have a gentle pink shade, can be blown into the sun from brightly raspberry to light pink. These are winter-hardy cultures that are rarely subjected to diseases.
- Yellow Doll. This is the most popular and in demand variety of mini-roses, which is characterized by a neat appearance and miniature. The bush is scattered, grows up to 25 cm. The period of flowering culture is long, so it pleases the abundant formation of bright buds for several months. Flowers of a yellow shade small (6-7 cm in diameter), they are going to small inflorescences of 4 pieces and create a sweet scent with fruit notes. The variety can be grown both in pots and in the garden, decorating borders.
- Sugar Baby. The miniature rose has an unusual lemon shade, smoothly turns into bright red or light pink. The height of the plantation reaches 40 cm. Too they do not grow up, which saves the area on the site. Flowers are perfectly transferred to wintering and constantly bloom in summer. In one inflorescence can be collected up to 15 small flowers. This variety is recommended to plant along with other border plants.
Growing border roses is a simple process. However, in order to get a good result, dacms need to know some of the features of landing and care. Typically, such mini-flowers are planted in the garden, after selecting the territory protected by the shelter from the wind and the sun-illuminated. Strong gusts of the wind take moisture from the soil, which can negatively affect the development of the plant. The lack of light will also affect the culture not the best way. Sufficient food should receive and roses growing in domestic pots.
It is not recommended to form pink plantings in areas where cultures of the rosetic family have previously grown, since the land “tired” and depletes. In addition, after previous plants, fungal diseases and pests may remain. Border roses are not whimsical to the composition of the soil, they feel great on any soil. Exception are only dense, dry and wetlands. Before planting seedlings, the soil must be improved by mixing it with organic compositions and drainage.
Landing and transplantation should be carried out at the beginning of spring, after full of earth warming. It will provide the bushes rapid development and strengthen the rhizomes to winter. After transplanting seedlings to a new place at first, they need to be protected from night frosts, cover. The size of the landing well should not be larger than the diameter of the roots, which gently spread and deepen into the ground by 3-5 cm. There should be a distance of about 30 cm between plantations. Locked plants are abundant.
Caring for border robes does not represent a special difficulty, so even beginner daches can cope with it. To rose thank gardener with lush flowering and healthy growth, it should be periodically watering, trim shoots and feed the roots with minerals. Sections on which flowers grow, should not be too moistened or risen. Watering needs to be performed in the evening, applying pre-resistant and heated water. It is impossible to use irrigation of the above-ground part of the colors, you can only water the root.
Caring for decorative colors also provides for a timely feeder, which should be carried out 2-3 times per season. As fertilizers, it is allowed to use mixtures for decorative colors, “corneser”. Additionally, you can also apply the organic in the form of horse manure, but you need to be extremely careful to prevent the root burn.
The cultivation of such roses does not do without trimming. At the same time, these cultures need to be able to trim. The procedure is the cleaning of bushes from dry and affected by diseases of the shoots, during which the formation of a beautiful and neat ground part occurs. Sliced escape area can affect viral diseases and rot. To prevent it, you need to always use only clean garden tools. Pruning is necessarily done throughout the summer.
If you manage to care for plants, then they will turn into luxury bushes by autumn. You can propagate them as stalling and seedlings.
How to hide them for the winter?
Many varieties of border roses are resistant to frost and perfectly winter, but despite this in the fall they need to be insulated. Preparation begins with the removal of dry foliage and shoots, after which the protective shelter is preparing. Usually do it with the advent of the first night frosts. The plant is dipped with a height of no more than 20 cm. Then the circumference lay the pine or ate branches. They are tightly pressed against the ground and additionally covered with a snack or dry foliage. You can also make a protective frame from rubberoid and films.
Like any other flowers, border roses are sometimes exposed to diseases and attacks of pests. To prevent the appearance of insects, the flowers are recommended to plant next door to onions, sage and velvets. Thanks to this, they will never appear by a web tick, wave, sawers and caterpillars. In addition, it is necessary to periodically perform the prophylactic treatment of the bushes with rins of garlic, bow and calendula. With the mass appearance of pests, such chemicals as “Aktara”, “Sanmight”, “Bi-58”.
As for diseases, miniature roses are most often susceptible to black spottedness, mildew, alteriosis and rust. Protect the culture from the above diseases, it will help its treatment with a solution of copper sulfate, nitrophenol and the day, which is carried out both before the shelter of the bushes on the wintering and after their disclosure. Avoiding many fungal diseases will help and moderate watering.
If the culture is still sick, then experts are recommended to carry out processing with a bordeaux mixture, Fundazola and Copper Chloroksi. The affected areas of the plant are cut and burned.
Examples in landscape design
Burgundy mini roses fit perfectly into the landscape design of any subsidiary. Thanks to compactness, bright color and sophistication, they are perfectly combined with different garden plants. These colors can arrange borders of various shapes and structures. Beautifully look at the composition of pink bushes, landed near stairs, tracks, recreation areas and “dry streams”. To get an interesting effect, roses should be combined with other bright colors and grassy perennials. To highlight the charm of flowers will help combinations of roses with dwarf barberries, Japanese spirires and shrubs lingonberries.
Making up a plot, it is important to consider that red roses should not be located next to the flowers of orange, purple and pink shade. If the floral curb is installed along the garden path, it can be filled with white combinations with blue, red with lilac, yellow with purple. For design it is best to apply flowers of one variety. Such compositions can be made horizontal, and you can put them in flower beds, laid out by natural stone. In the spring, the disembarkation of snowdrops, enclosures and muscari will help to dilute juicy paints.
If many shrubs landed on the household site, they can be added to the flower beds of roses. They will look winless against the background of ate, Tui, Kizilnik and Magnolia. To avoid adhesiveness in design, bushes and plants worth posting at a distance of 1 meter. Friendly fences are perfectly looking, near which bushes of roses and lilac are planted, Chubudnik, Yellow Acacia. Such a combination of palette gives the site an unusual view.
For spacious cottages, equipped with a seating area, one- and bilateral design of borders will be an excellent solution. At the same time, roses can be combined with other varieties, correctly picking up the height of the stems, the size of buds and shade. The most popular is the border paths with a height of 80 cm. They are located in two rows, using white, yellow, pink and purple roses.
On how to plant border roses, see the following video.