Petunia has long won popularity among gardeners due to their unpretentiousness and beauty. But there are cases when the use of this plant is impossible when making the site. Flowers like petunia will be helped in such a situation. These plants resemble its flower shape, but in all other indicators they can differ significantly.
First of all, you need to understand what Petunia Flower.
Petunia is unpretentious, easy to leaving a plant that can be used practically everywhere. Registration of flower, balconies, vertical landscaping or easy filling randomly formed “Breshi” – Petunia will perfectly cope with any task.
Its delicate flowers are distinguished by a wide range of shades, a pleasant aroma, which has useful properties useful for humans. For example, the functioning of many organism systems such as blood, cardiovascular, CNS and digestive. The smell of petunia colors is able to save a person from headaches. She has more utilitarian properties, for example, to drive mosquitoes.
To distinguish a petunia from the relatives similar to it, it is possible in appearance: she has a round green stem, densely covered with small twigs. Height is small – from 20 to 70 cm. Flower leaflets are small, the location is distinguished by the order. Often the foliage is difficult to consider due to abundance of colors.
Petunia flowers resemble gramophilics and arranged in the leaf sinuses. They can have a smooth or corrugated edge and are distinguished by an incredibly rich variety of shades.
Treats petunias to perennial plants, but some flower growing are cultivated as annual.
After sowing the plant boosts quickly: a week and a half. Seven days later the first sheet appears. After the appearance of six leaflets (more plus two or three weeks), petunia can be transferred to permanent residence. Adaptation lasts long, and after her flower begins to grow. After approximately a month after the landing, buds will appear, after which Petunia will bloom.
Original or copy?
Plants similar to this beauty, quite a lot, and they also have their own fans. So as not to get confused in the variety of similar plants, you need to know their distinctive features. Among the “twins” of Petunia can most often find plants, which will be discussed below:
- Calibaoa. This is the name of an amplule flower, which is very similar to the petunia externally, but differs from it the structure of DNA. His flowers are in beds than the original, and have the so-called neck and large quantities cover the plant. The color palette is not too diverse – mostly these shades of brown and yellow. Stems caliberoa branchy, strong, dyspled;
- Mining. Most often used as a soil or burgunduous plant. It is distinguished by a strong branch, a large number of buds, which are then converted into babbed flowers, and then become strong, resistant to rubbish;
- Mirabilis. This is a branching bushy plant, whose paired leaves have an egg-elongated form. Differs one interesting feature: Flowers of different color can appear on the same bush. They are revealed at night, and with the onset of the morning weighed. Choosing Mirabilis, it should be remembered that this plant needs to plant on the sunny sections, closed from the wind. The soil must be fertile;
- Surfinia. Very beautiful plant, which when flowering it becomes like a floral ball – so thick it is covered with bright buds.
- IPOMEY. Attracts large flowers of the funnel shape and leaflets resembling hearts. But this beautiful liana, capable of growing up to 5 m in length, poisonous, and when choosing it for its site you need to remember.
- Duman. These are a reprehension annual plants forming a bush. Flowers are single, large, are located in the ramifications of the stem.
Dome is unpretentious, but poisonous, what his name is talking about, so you need to handle it carefully.
- Lavaiter. Differs in spectacular flowers, which are represented by pink, white, purple shades, while they are cast silk. Leafs have a vopoto-shaped shape and ductility. Flowers long.
- Brugmancia. Stems of this plant with time are covered with a bark. Unusual coloring of flowers (petals of different shades) attracts attention.
- Easy tobacco. These reprehension branched bushes are familiar to many. Tobacco leaflets large with dark green color. Flowers are rather big, remind a funnel. A distinctive feature of this plant – it dissolves only in cloudy weather.
- Tunbergia. Beautiful client type plant. Can reach 6 m in length. Growth occurs quickly, but for normal development it needs a support.
- Campxis. This plant also belongs to the genus Lian. It is distinguished by the fact that its stem with time is covered with a bark. In addition, this species is deciduous, so you do not need to be frightened when suddenly the plant starts dropping leaves – this is not a sign of the disease, but a normal phenomenon. The plant is endowed with an abundance of colors in the form of gramophilics of a variety of color, and the unpaired leaflets make this Lian very attractive.
- Sintiy. Low plant, bell-shaped flowers and thick leaves of which remind velvet.
- Streptocarpus. Up to 100 flowers can appear on the bushes of these plants. Wrinkled oval sheets of streptokarpus form a socket.
- Flox Drummanda. The stem of this bushy plant is branched, leaves have an oval-lander shape.
How to care?
These are pretty unpretentious plants, because they do not need to create any special conditions. Timely watering, regular spraying, feeding, pest protection – these standard measures will be enough.
However, there are some nuances that need to be taken into account when planting plants so that they come in and pleased with abundant blossom.
- Caliberoa does not like open places. Although the wind is not afraid of his shoots, but it is better to close it from drafts.
- Mirabilis need to plant solar plots for winds.
- Lavateter is not particularly demanding to the soil, resistant tolerate drought and drafts.
- Tobacco requires a fertilous, wet, fertile soil. It is not susceptible to diseases, pests bypass and his neighboring plants.
- Campxis need to plant in soil saturated with minerals and microelements.
- For syingema, it is necessary to ensure good illumination, but not to expose it to direct sunlight.
- Flox Drummond feels best in a half-walled place – it saves the brightness of its flowers for a long time.
Choosing this or that plant for your garden, it is important to pay attention to some factors:
- When it starts and how long the flowering lasts;
- Which height and diameter will be an adult plant;
- As far as it is demanding on the conditions of content;
- Are there any diseases.
Correctly picking up the plant, you can plan the garden in such a way that it will drown in colors throughout the warm season. Each plant has its own color period, shape, color. Competent combination of all these characteristics will give a stunning result.
Features of care and cultivation of petunia.