Curly Liana can transform any plot, but only if their development proceeds harmoniously. Provide the necessary support for Ivy or plenty roses with the help of a special support.
Description and appointment
Plugs for curly plants perform two main functions. The first is definitely the support of the culture, giving it the necessary form and adjustment of the lengthening. The second is decorative: the flower fixed on the support can be the main element of the landscape design or disguise not a particularly multiple object on the plot.
Supports are created from different materials and are implemented in different forms. They can be artificial or natural, part of nature. In most cases, Liana is only initially fixed on the device, and then moves along it yourself.
Depending on the tasks and decorative functions performed, several types of support for curly plants are made. The first variety is suitable for the design of vertical planes – fences, pavilions, walls of buildings or facades of houses. Such structures can not be simply beautiful – forgetting about practicality, it is quite possible to allow the destruction of the surface by a heavy design, with liana.
In addition, it is important to understand that the wall products with a green “coating” increase the level of humidity, leading to the appearance of rust and spurrel of surface, and also form a microclimate suitable for the development of insects and fungi.
Nevertheless, this specification can be applied at home – on the balcony or even inside the apartment.
For separately growing curly plants, tent shapes are suitable, often used in garden architecture. Original decorative designs may have unusual silhouettes. Forming swelling from the spreading plants and the screens are possible with the help of large-scale grids, which are either installed on Earth, or are tensioning between reliable columns. By the way, such a design can be horizontal.
Separately, it is customary to allocate overall and heavy architectural supports. Of course, in the country, lovers are often generating their own ideas, carrying out support for plants with any submitted items.
Vertical supports are taken to attract lattice, mesh and linear structures, choplars, including angular, as well as guide cords. Garden lattices are most often constructed from wood and plastic and may even be sliding.
- Wounded varieties are selected depending on how it will be easier to move Liana. They are usually located in 30-40 centimeters from the walls.
- Not only arched and pyramidal structures are popular from structures for soliter liois, but also support-umbrella, triangular support-cone and support column.
- The most massive supporting elements include pergolas, open gazebos, green tunnels and inclined facilities. Being created from wooden beams or metal tubes, they should always be securely fixed on Earth.
The natural element – wood, large stone or even culture with strong and strong stems, such as corn, is able to become a support for the climbing plants. In this case A plant that requires support is immediately planted either under a tree or near the selected shrub.
Materials used for the manufacture of floral supports should be highly high quality, durability and corrosion resistance. Despite whether it will be a wooden arch or plastic trellis, it is important that the design is not afraid of moisture, nor frost. Ideally, the material should also be subject to annual processing with special protective solutions.
- Arched structures are most often made of metal. Such products are obtained and durable and durable.
- Products from wood are also popular – they cost less and are quite easily manufactured with their own hands. The disadvantage of wooden arches is called shortness and bad stability.
- During the summer months, plastic pipes can be used to maintain plants. Arch from this material will look pretty aesthetically, but low temperatures will not survive.
- Expensive, but durable, reliable and aesthetically attractive will get a piece of stone.
- It is also possible to establish a wrought-iron arch.
As for the steller, they can be wooden, and metal, and plastic.
The same is typical for grids: depending on the budget, both iron and plastic varieties are purchased.
Beautifully look at the options from bamboo, dry treated branches or pruhva willow.
Tips for choosing
When selecting supports for curly plants, several factors follow. It is mainly analyzed that in general it will be planted, what size it is capable of achieving and how will develop. The direction of the growth of plethomic or curly crops is taken into account, as well as their desired configuration. Ideally, the auxiliary element is chosen personally for each Lian.
Color designs can be supportive – giving the opportunity to “boil” for all their length, and forming – as defining colors of growth direction and indicating silhouette. For some fusing plants, there are particularly massive structures that carry out a rather impressive weight.
As an option:
- Hop or honeysuckle capable of pulling up, clinging to the assholes around the support, require structures with a rough coating – rods, mesh or rack;
- For the plenty roses, large-scale choplaresters or wires stretched in a horizontal form are more suitable;
- Unpretentious grapes with ivy can “climb” on any surface with irregularities and rough coating;
- Cucumbers and Clematis are suitable for grids, trellis and grilles of sufficient area.
Take into account the decorative task that Lianam should be performed. For example, they can create an emphasis in a landscape project, mask an unsightly structure, to protect against neighbors or to enter counterweights.
An important role is played by the choice of place – whether the support will be a separate element or be part of the pavilion or fence. It is better to give preference for one or another material depending on your own preferences, as well as the existing decoration of buildings and general stylistics. It is important that the supports are not disharmoned with the rest of the landscape design objects.
Supports for curly plants are installed even before landing the cultures themselves, ideally – at the stage of digging the pit. It applies not only to heavy weaves, but also to light lianam, since the fixing auxiliary device in any case can harm the stalk or root system.
Wooden supports or products from materials inclined to the appearance of rust are pre-treated with appropriate drugs. When plotting such supports, it is worth thinking about the preliminary laying of the drainage layer, which will prevent direct contact with the soil.
If there is a need for additional fortifications, then use concrete pillows or elements similar to them.
Check floral supports should be at least 60 centimeters. A smaller depth simply will not be able to keep the gradually growing gymns. Arches and trellis for the most powerful plants collected from logs or metal pipes, go to the ground approximately a meter. It is also worth remembering that when the height of the support is more than 2 meters, it will have to deepen it by approximately 30%. The supports are important to align immediately, since the minimum tilt over time will be able to provoke problems.
How to make it yourself?
To make an independently simple metal arch, you will need:
- tube with a diameter of 30 millimeters;
- rod with a diameter of 6 millimeters;
- Armature with a diameter of 10 millimeters.
From the tools will be involved:
- pipe bender;
- apparatus for welding;
- Hoven for metal;
- a hammer;
All work begins with the fact that 4 equal slices are cut off from the pipe, which should be supported by supports. Taking advantage of the pipe bend, from a piece of fittings it will be necessary to create a minimum of two arcuate details. Between themselves after it will be able to cook, using crossings from a 6 mm rod. Pieces of pipes burst into the ground and concrete. Next, they will stay to connect with arcs and cover the color of paint.
Even easier to use twine or thin rope – either natural or plastic made. This support is tensioned with Radom with a wall and attached or on nails, or on anchors. The simplest is the use of arcs from metal or plastic.
Oh there how to make the original support for curly plants with your own hands, see the following video.