Each gardener dreams to decorate your plot amazing elegant colors. Undoubted favorite of summer plant plants is Estoma. Pink varieties possess special charm. Fleeting tender flowers love florists and are widely used in creating amazing bouquets.
Eustoma or Lisianthus refers to the Family of Privacy. Their features are in the extended form of a whisk. Also, the flower is called an Irish or Japanese herbal rose for an amazing similarity with a famous “beauty”. The plant is a perennial, however, many gardeners grow it no more than 1 year. The fact is that Eustoma has a gentle root system, which is extremely unstable to low temperatures, so in the northern regions a shrub “live” one season.
The distinctive features of Lisianthus include the following features:
- Powerful, dense stem;
- elongated dark green leaves (matte structure);
- Inflorescences resemble bells, several buds are formed on one blur;
- The height of the shrub varies from 50 to 70 cm, there are low-spirited varieties of eustoma.
Natural coloring of plants is blue. However, breeders managed to bring flowers of amazing shades. There are red, cream, lilac and two-color eustoms.
Special place among them are pink flowers. This type looks equally impressive in open areas and at home.
Description of popular varieties
Special charm have varieties with raspberry or white-pink tint. The most common varieties include the following varieties.
- “Alice Pink”. Shrub is known for its amazing buton of gentle pink color. This variety is extremely reminiscent of a classic rose, so its popularity is growing from year to year. Alice Pink is a gentle plant that requires careful care.
- Rome Rose. Sleeper-pink buds in shape resemble bells. Beautiful variety use in landscape design. Rome Rose’s grade is known for its lush and long blossom. Suitable for growing at home.
- “Sapphire Pink Chimka”. Refers to low varieties. Differs in large, pink pink-colored. This variety prefers solar places and needs regular watering. Under favorable conditions, “Sapphire Pink Chimka” begins to bloom 6-7 months after landing in an open ground.
- “Echo Picotics”. Refers to the Ransetting Hybrids and is known for their amazing large-terrain inflorescences. Buds, painted in amazing raspberry color, are very popular among florists.
- “Mermaid”. Annole Estoma, which is known for its gentle colors of the marshmallow. In the semi-wrinkled form, the variety resembles a “queen of flowers” – Rose. Low-speed species are often used as potted culture. No less effectively “Mermaid pink” looks in suspended porridge and large vases.
- “Rosita Pink Picotie”. Popular grade with two-color inflorescences. Buds have a white-pink color. The variety refers to tall and used when creating bouquets and celebrations. Relevant for growing on spacious, protected from impact winds.
- “Light Pink”. Gentle variety, decorated with butons of pale pink color, poorly tolerates low temperatures. Variety relevant for growing in urban conditions. Ideal for the manufacture of original flower compositions.
- “Carmen Dip Pink”. A variety is great for growing pots. Pink bells and light-green matte foliage – the main “raisins” of this variety. It is known for its powerful root system and is distinguished by a long period of flowering.
Rules of cultivation
Grow grade pink eustoma, in most cases, seed. Get planting material preferably in a tested store. Since the plant does not tolerate low temperatures, plant it in open soil is preferably with the arrival of heat. The plant is prepared for seedlings in the winter (December, February) and stored in the greenhouse. Lisianthus prefers light fertile soils. Many gardeners grow a popular plant in peat pills.
Herbal rose can die not only due to harsh frost. A gentle plant can “kill” even the air temperature that falls below +10 degrees. Seedlings stored in a dry place.
Before boarding, the soil is treated (boiling water with a solution of manganese) and evenly distribute the planting material, slightly pressed. Next, the soil is moisturized and covered with a lid.
Eustoma is important light, so gardeners are often used phytolamp. And the duration of artificial lighting should not be less than 6-8 hours a day. In terms of competent care, the first shoots will appear after 10-12 days. Picking is carried out when plants are reached 2-2.5 cm. As soon as the seedlings grow up, they are planted on the “permanent place of residence”, while the site should be sunny. Being in an open ground, Pink Eustoma needs regular watering, weed cleaning and feeding.
Usage in landscape design
All varieties of pink eustoma are widely used to decorate the garden or the local area. Irish Rose looks amazingly with other decorative flowers or in combination with evergreen conifers. Suitable for group landings and single compositions.
In the next video you will find a complete guide to growing eustoma.