- High species
- Geranium meadow or field (G. PRATENSE)
- Geranium Bolotnaya (G. Palustre)
- Geranium Forest (G. Sylvaticum)
- Garden Perennial Geranian Georgian (G. Ibericum)
- Gerana Siberian (G. Sibiricum)
- Geranium Balkan
- Pink geranium “endress” (G. endressii)
- Geranium Buuray “Samobor”
- Gerana “Philip Vapell” (G. Hybridum Philippe Vappelle)
- Pelargonium Variety “Brilliant”
- Low species
- Varieties of hybrid origin
On our planet there is a huge number of different in the form, size and properties of plants. Some wild species have been successfully adapted by the efforts of breeders to the conditions of growth in a limited space: apartment, home, garden, greenhouse. Some species are grown for eating, others are used in pharmaceuticals, and others are only suitable as decor. But there are types with universal characteristics to which geranium belongs.
Geranium or chewing, from the point of view of scientific classification, is the name of the genus (Geranium) belonging to the Geranium family. This is a rather numerous genus, its composition includes more than 400 most different types of species growing in many corners of the globe. For plants from genus geranium characteristic of sweet leaves with a very diverse shape of a sheet plate.
For one type of species, a palphepted dissection of a sheet plate is characterized, for another – palpopstand, and the third group of foliage has a peristry structure at all.
Geranium has very beautiful and fairly large flowers, each of which consists of 5 cups and 5 petals. Five-melayer whisk forms with a practically perfect circle when disclosure, depending on the species may have a white, purple, blue or purple color. On each blur can be from one to three flowers. The fruit formed after stormy flowering, in shape resembles the beak of the crane (hence the second name).
This family includes another genus – Pelargonium (Pelargonium), the habitat of which is South Africa. The composition of the kind includes about 250 species, and it is he who is a two-bed valor of most famous bedroom varieties. In plants belonging to the genus Pelargonium, well-branched renovation or creeping stems. Cube leaves may have a simple, palphea or dissected sheet plate. Most species of pelargonium are light-loving and differ in very beautiful and lush inflorescences resembling umbrellas.
Geranium and Pelargonium are very often configured and it is not surprising, because they are nearby plants belonging to one family, but still according to the scientific classification, these are two different kinds, for each of which are characterized by their own types.
High varieties of geranium or pelargonium include species that can achieve a certain height with good conditions. For each species, a variety or hybrid height has its maximum values, but, as a rule, they overcome a 50 cm mark.
Geranium meadow or field (G. PRATENSE)
Preferring moderately wet soils, it has a rather thick, but short (up to 10 cm) rhizome, giving rise to a few, and sometimes alone with single stand-standing stems. Their height does not exceed 80 cm. The top of the plant is branched, the surface is furious with vile.
Leaves depending on the location on the stem differ in size and form. The near-the-cornery long-term foliage reaches a length of 6-12 cm and is distinguished by the opposite location, its column-shaped plate is divided into 7 egg-shaped blades. The leaves, located in the middle part of the stem, have a five-particle shape, and in the tops in the top consist of 3 blades.
For the plant, large flowers with well-opened egg-shaped petals are characterized, the length of which ranges from 16-23 mm, and their width does not exceed 10-17 mm. Petals are painted mainly in cold tones: blue-purple, lilac, lilac blue, purple with a bluish tinge. The surface of the sparse-iron flowers, thanks to which the pollen is well protected from small insects. Geranium meadow is very actively used in medicine.
Geranium Bolotnaya (G. Palustre)
Another representative of this kind. For a plant preferring wet soils, it is characterized by a reprehensive stalk with a porous surface, reaching a height of 70 cm. Leaves, depending on the location, have the same separation of the plate, as well as Gerani meadow.
The plants have large purple flowers, the diameter of the whin is about 3 cm. Egg-shaped petals shape with blunt outdoor and pointed inner edges. Chassels, covering the surface of petals, have a darous surface.
Geranium Forest (G. Sylvaticum)
Prefers to grow on moistened soils and has high (up to 80 cm), straight, branched in the top of the stems. The root of the plant in the upper part has thickening and surrounded by the root foliage, it grows either strictly vertically, or slightly. Long-coal foliage with paddle separation plate in the root part forms a socket.
Vertical blossoms unlike meadow geranium. The flower curler is formed by a large (up to 20 mm) egg-shaped in the form of petals, covered at the bottom of the shorter cups. Flowers are different color.
There are copies with pink-lilac, blue, less often white.
Garden Perennial Geranian Georgian (G. Ibericum)
He is a bright representative of tall varieties of plants of this kind. Its stalks reach a height of 60-80 cm. Green leaf platinum are rounded, with a beautiful gear edge and a sizerna, due to the darning, at the autumn time, the shade gradually becomes red. For the plant are characterized by quite large, about 5 cm in diameter, purple with purple streaks flowers. Blossom continues about 1.5 months.
Gerana Siberian (G. Sibiricum)
Unlike other species has single, not collected in inflorescences White with purple strokes Flowers, located on long (up to 4 cm) blooms. The plant is not very high, its branchy stems have a length of no more than 50 cm. Falcup-disseated sheet plate, shape shape resemble a rhombus with smoothed edges.
One of the most inconsisions. Her stems reach a 1.5-meter height. Balkan geranium got his name is no coincidence, because the habitat is the wilderness area is the territory of the Balkan, the Alps and the Carpathians. A distinctive feature of the plant is its massive root.
At the base of the rhizomes there are long-term leaves, departing from the central part by 18-20 cm. Sheet plate painted into bright green color and has a blade separation. Flowers have a diameter of up to 3 cm. The color of the petals varies from light pink to a saturated red.
The beginning of flowering depends on the climate: in the south is May, and in moderate latitudes – June.
Pink geranium “endress” (G. endressii)
Having loved many flowering flowers for their resistance to cold, refers to many years of garden plants. The height of the bush is about 45-50 cm. Flowers are large (up to 4 cm), petals painted in bright pink color. The plant is characterized very beautiful and rather long (from May to July) blossom. Large leaves, padded, with gear edges.
Geranium Buuray “Samobor”
Reaches a height of 50-60 cm, and its width (diameter) does not exceed 30 cm. Stems are minor with multi-color blooms in the top part. In the root part of the stems of the leaves wide (10 cm), with green border and brown center. Flowers, though small (the diameter of the vagina is only 2 cm), but have a very beautiful burgundy color. Blowing the grade begins in June, and finishes at the beginning of autumn.
Gerana “Philip Vapell” (G. Hybridum Philippe Vappelle)
Refers to early blooming varieties. The height of the stems does not exceed 45-50 cm. For green with gray, slightly pubescent leaves are characterized by a beautiful blade dissection. A wedding consists of lilac with dark streaks of petals, each of which has an expressive recess around the edge.
Pelargonium Variety “Brilliant”
Tall species are found among the genus Pelargonium. Refers to fragrant varieties of pelargonium. His leaves with a touch emit a pleasant smell of pineapple. Flower petals are painted in a bright pink color, plant blooms in late spring. A variety bush can reach a height of 1.5-meter mark.
The low-resistant group of geranium and pelargonium includes types with elevation height less than 50 cm.
- A bright representative of this group is Geranium Himalayan (G. Himalayense) or large. She got nothing to his name: the plant is famous for its large (up to 5 cm in diameter) flowers. The curl of the flower consists of bluish-purple petals with dark-red veins, three of which are highlighted on each petal just brighter than others. Leaves have a rounded shape with blade dissection. The blossom of the form lasts all summer.
- Garan Dalmatskaya (G. Dalmaticum) refers to miniature species, its height is about 15 cm. But in the width of the bustice, it grows well: the diameter of the plant can reach a value of 50 cm. Five-melayer whine painted in pink color and reaches in diameter 2-3.5 cm. Green leaves by autumn change the original shade, and it becomes pinkish-red.
- Geranium Largeness or Balkan (G. MacrorRhizum) refers to tall species, and cultural varieties derived by breeders have quite low shoots.
- Grade Lohfelden reaches a height of 25 cm. Its flowers are predominantly white, light-pink bodies stand out on the surface of the petals.
- At the Spessart variety The height of the shoots does not exceed the mark of 30 cm, and the diameter of the very chesty, as a rule, is in the range of 40 cm. The colors of the flower consists of whitish with a pink base of petals.
- The height of the stem sorts Bevan’s Variety – about 30 cm. Flowers with purple-pink color and light veins. Blossom occurs from May to July.
- Gerana ash (G. cinereum) refers to miniature species, the plant reaches a height of only 10-15 cm. The variety is characterized by a rod type of root system. This drought-resistant and light-affilome view is pretty beautiful purulent-pink flowers. The variety is distinguished by abundant blossoms, lasting from July to August.
Thanks to this species, several cultural varieties differ in the shade of flowers, flowering duration and the degree of resistance to growing conditions.
- Geranium Garden “Ballerina” refers to unpretentious plants and is distinguished by a fairly long period of flowering. Sheet plate is small, rounded shape, with a blunt toothed edge. Petals have a gentle-lilac shade with streaks and a plum color. The diameter of the corolla is in the range of 2-4 cm. Plant height is no more than 15 cm.
- Miniature variety “Jolie Jiwel Lilak” From Dutch breeders belongs to the most beautiful varieties of plants from this group. The bush is very compact, its height does not exceed the mark of 15 cm, and the diameter is just 25 cm. A distinctive feature of the variety are, of course, flowers. On a lilac background of petals there are dark purple bodies, and from the center of the whine to the edge of each petal goes white stripes. Blossom continues from June to August.
- Gerana “Robert” (G. robertianum) It is an annual grassy plant with straight hair stems height from 20 to 30 cm. For the species, not very large single flowers with a pale pink color and a rounded form of petals. Flowering is short and is only 2 months (June and July).
There are no cultural varieties.
- Geranium Blood-Red (G. Sanguineum) refers to perennial plants. The height of the bush fluctuates in the range of 10-50 cm. On rigid Wilcy-branched stems are pretty close to each other long-term leaves. Bright green leaf plate, in the autumn period, changing his color on bright red, has a palpal-separation structure. Flowers are large, the diameter of the corolla is about 4 cm, the petals have a different color: there are varieties of both a light pink tint and copies with red petals.
- Sort “Streatum” is a bright representative of the bloody-red. A wedding consists of petals of predominantly pink color, against the background of which more dark accomplishments are clearly drawn. Pilical sheet plates painted in a flowering period in a juicy green color, closer to the autumn acquire a bright crimson. Blossom continues from June to August.
- Gerana “Renard” (G. RENARDII TRUUTV) – This is a pretty compact plant, its height does not exceed 30 cm. The leaves are painted in olive-green with gray rod color. In the top of the road, fairly lush umbrella inflorescences are formed, consisting of large (up to 5 cm in diameter) of pale-lave aluminum flowers. Violet bodies are clearly drawn on each petal. The flowering of this drought-resistant and light-affiliated type continues from July to August.
Among the pelargonium there are its own types and cultural varieties related to low varieties. Yellow Pelargonia was replaced relatively recently, the variety is called First Yellow. This is a real breakthrough in the selection of pelargonium. The plant is characterized by high blooms and semi-grade small (up to 2-3 cm in diameter) flowers of gentle lemon color with slightly cream tint.
A distinctive feature of the plant are stamens with red anthers. Bustic small, compact, with strong stems. Five-dollar leaf plate, shiny surface, with rare coarse hairs.
Varieties of hybrid origin
There are concepts of varieties and hybrid. Under the concept of “grade” should be understood by plants that are selected by breeders for further reproduction.
The hybrid is obtained by crossing several varieties to remove new copies with improved characteristics, but not capable of further reproduction.
To date, there is a huge number of diverse geranium hybrids and pelargoniums, everything is impossible to list them, But there are two fairly bright representative of this group, which are in the greatest demand for flower flower.
- Pretty frost-resistant hybrid “Blue Blood”. With proper care, the plants grow well and reach a height of 50 cm. Planting the plant starts from June, and ends in August. Flowers are large, petals have a dark lilac color with a bluish tump and clearly selected purple veins.
- Another frost-resistant hybrid is “Fay Anna”. The height of this hybrid rarely exceeds a 20 cm mark. For the plant are characteristic of flowers with a gentle pink color, where in the central part of the bunny conesovoid tips of the middle painted in white. Blossom continues from July to August, during this period earlier green leaves change their shade on red, but not completely: the edges of the leaf plate remain unchanged.
You can learn more about the types of Pelargonium, looking at the video below.