To date, popular is the trend of disembodies at the railway section of evergreen coniferous plants. It is they who become a decoration and a highlight of the territory of a private house or a country area, glad by beauty and wonderful smell. In this article we will talk about such a representative of coniferous trees as cedar, and discuss the most popular species and varieties.
Description of species
Cedar ordinary – evergreen coniferous tree, which is also often called cedar pine. It is quite large and volumetric, the maximum height can reach 50 meters, and the minimum – 25. Its root system can be a surface, stray, pyramidal or umbrella. The cedar is also characterized by:
- Corn of dark gray;
- fragrant wood;
- Single, reprehensive cones, their form can be an egg-shaped or barrel, the maximum length of each fetus – 10 centimeters, minimum – 5.
This tree is not only extremely fragrant, he is also assigned many useful properties. Essential cedar essential oil, which can be applicable in various directions.
Peer to the soil in which he will grow. The best sugustic soil in mountainous areas is best.
To date, there is quite a large variety of cedar species. We will talk about those that can be found in nature, and grow in our area, in the park, recreation area.
- Lebanese cedar. Known this type since the beginning of the XVII century. For representatives of the species is characterized by slow development, longevity, frost resistance. The tree is not welcomed to the choice of soil – it can feel great like in limestone soil and on the sunny lawn. If the cedar is young, his crown has a cone-shaped form, but already for an adult tree, the presence of an empty crown is characterized, on which the tiers of branches are very clearly. The tree is characterized by a crown of a dark green shade.
Needle length can reach 3 centimeters. For cones characterized by light brown color and length of up to 12 centimeters.
- Atlantic cedar. It grows very quickly, especially at a young age. He is not terrible, nor drought, nor severe frosts. The tree refers to the sunshine – they positively affect the crown. As for the choice of soil for planting, it is best to avoid limestone mail and places with a high level of groundwater. A large amount of moisture can adversely affect the appearance and health of this coniferous.
For growing at home, the plant is best suited, the crown shape is pyramidal, colonifornic or wrapped, and the needle is blue or green.
- Deodar. This type of wood is distinguished by the presence of a large number of different varieties that were derived due to the fruitful operation of breeders. The plant is growing quite rapidly, it can develop both in the sun and in the shade, not perturbed to the soil. That’s just when choosing a place to land the Himalayan cedar, be sure to focus on that there are no draft. The Himalayan cedar is characterized by a soft crown and sticking up with cones.
It is suitable for incarnation in the life of various design solutions – it can be cut, giving the krone a different configuration.
We talked about the most popular types of plants. Now it’s time to determine the most acceptable varieties of each of the species that can be grown in an indentured place. According to experts, the most suitable sorts of cedar of Lebanese are:
- Glauca is a plant whose needles have a bright blue color;
- Breviramulosa – the variety is characterized by the presence of so-called skeletal branches;
- Stricta – Tree Crown Colon Featory, branches grow up;
- PENDULA – for a given variety, on the contrary, is characterized by the presence of branches that fall down;
- Tortuosa – the main branches are rather winding;
- Nana – This variety refers to dwarf, decorative plants;
- Nana Pyramidata – also a dwarf, low-grade plant.
The following grades of the Atlas Cedar use the greatest demand:
- Glauca Horizontalis is a very beautiful decorative tree with blue cheese and arcuate branches, it is considered to be an elite variety;
- Aurea – for culture is characterized by a keglet krone yellow-gold color;
- Fastigiata – This variety is customary to be tall, colon-hair crown shape, light green needles;
- PENDULA – This variety is very easy to distinguish from others, as it has a colonum shape, whose vertex hangs down beautifully.
As for the cedar of Himalayan, the most popular and popular trees are:
- Albocpica – the height of the tree is small, Croon Pyramidal, the most attractive feature is its color, which changes throughout the life and growth of the tree;
- Golden Horizon – Croon already mature trees is quite strong and flat, the variety is considered unique, its distinctive feature is very long needles, the length of which can be up to 30 centimeters;
- Prostrata – the representative of the variety is growing very slowly, at the age of 20, the maximum height of the tree can be 35 centimeters;
- Kashmir – plants of this variety are most often planted in places with a cold climate, this is due to the fact that the tree is frost-resistant, and the winter is not terrible to him;
- Pygmy – This dwarf cedar is very popular, due to its appearance, for which the rounded form is peculiar.
Each of these varieties can be planted in an open soil on the territory of the house, that’s just necessary to take into account all the subtleties and features of landing and further care.
Trees not related to family
There are several more species that are even thoroughly controversial. The fact is that some scientists and breeders argue that these plants are full can be called cedars, but others are confident that these are all cedar pines. These species include the following types of cedar.
- European – This is a bright representative of the Pine Family. Motherland culture is considered to be France. Care for this type of plant is not difficult at all, the European cedar is not at all whims for the selection of landing sites, nor to the soil. Well reacts to the change of weather and even frost.
- Siberian – This is a plant for which the thick crown of the boron-gray cone-shaped. He has pretty long needles, their length can reach 14 centimeters. In the nuts of the Siberian cedar, there are relatively large seeds, and hiding in them in thick and strong kernel kernel are very tasty.
Fruit tree begins no earlier than 30 years after landing.
- Korean – Pretty high tree, whose need has blue or brown. Needles big, up to 20 centimeters long. Seeds of cones can also eat, they are pretty tasty. If the tree grows in the wild, nuts will begin to appear only at the reaches of the age of century. Decorative culture can give the first fruit aged 30 years.
- Canadian red – age of this tree is at least 1200 years. He is considered the oldest representative of the species. The height of the tree can reach 75 meters, and girth 7 meters. Wood pretty soft and puffy.
- Cedar stabel – This is the so-called dwarf, weak cedar, which is more like a shrub, rather than a tree. This is a great option for decorative section design.
Perhaps after some time, scientists will still be able to come to one correct conclusion and call the listed plants by full cedars.
Features of choice
Cedar is a tree that does not everyone agree and risk growing on its plot. Most likely, this is not associated with care, but with the size of the plant. Therefore, choosing cedar for landing on the territory of the house or cottage, you need to consider:
- variety and variety;
- The dimensions that the tree will reach – height and width;
- speed of growth;
- When it starts fruit, if it matters for you;
- The complexity of the rules of care for a young plant.
It is worth noting that the cedrome care is very similar to care for the usual representative of coniferous.
How to plant cedar, look in the following video.