Currently, there is a huge variety of various irrigation systems for household plots, but the most simple and reliable still remains garden watering hose.
This simple and affordable device can be performed from different materials, which affects convenience in operation and service life. What basic materials are used in the manufacture of these essential gardener assistants, consider below.
Such a hose is very common because It has a number of positive characteristics:
- stable both by minus and to too hot temperatures;
- can be stored in any room;
- The service life reaches ten years;
- not destroyed by ultraviolet;
- the cost is relatively low;
- Easy snack.
The rubber hose for watering has its drawbacks:
- He is pretty heavy, which makes it carrying not always convenient for a person, he can also damage plants on the site during movement;
- It is not recommended to use water for drinking, especially with the help of cheap hoses that can be toxic.
Polyvinyl chloride products are also often used to care for cottages. They may consist of one layer, this is a cheapest option, and from several with the inclusion of reflective. Wall thickness, respectively – from 1.5 to 3 mm. Mainly manufactured cord or reinforced hoses.
In such means for watering there are advantages:
- long service life – up to 30 or more years;
- increased pressure resistance, since reinforcement is performed from cross-section;
- High-quality PVC hoses are made of food plastic, which allows them to be used to supply drinking water;
- Affordable price policy.
Now let’s stop on some negative qualities:
- In deceive single-layer species from PVC, properties are rapidly lost due to bends and fractures;
- Unstable to the effects of ultraviolet: Algae and bacteria can be formed under the influence of sunlights inside;
- In winter, when the first negative temperatures appear, such hoses lose their elasticity, which can trigger the appearance of cracks and other damage;
- Cheap views are very short-lived, in the absence of reinforcement they will serve no more than three years.
This is the most universal material for the manufacture of watering devices.
He has the following advantages:
- high resistance to negative temperatures;
- excellent flexibility, plasticity and scrolling resistance;
- a light weight;
- lack of sensitivity to chemical reagents and sunlight;
- Large service life – up to 15 years.
There are practically no cons of such a hose, except for high prices, which is justified by its positive characteristics.
Flexible and comfortable material with light weight. Temperature range of use – from -20 to + 40 ° C.
Disadvantages are more significant than other materials:
- Large water pressure may be irrevocably spoiled;
- The temperature difference quickly causes cracks;
- service life does not exceed three years.
In addition to classification by material, Hoses are distinguished by an execution option.
- Single-layer. The cheapest and short-lived, but low cost.
- Multi-layered. Resistant to external adverse factors, breaks and other deformations. Reinforced hoses can also be attributed, one of the layers of which – the grid in the form of reinforcement.
- Stretching. This is a kind of know-how in this area. It is very convenient to store, moreover, a hose from a special fabric from above perfectly removes the hose from damage and pollution.
- Spiral. Such a hose does not fit for a very large area, but for a small household plot is a great solution.
- Corrugated. Corrugation is less prone to deformation, which prolongs the hose service, but increases its value.
How to choose: Colors and sizes
In the choice of hose there are certain nuances that need to be considered when buying. It is worth considering them in more detail.
- Type of hose. If the water fence comes from a well or well, then undoubtedly need to buy a cord fence hose. If there is centralized water supply on the site, any other hose can be purchased, given its technical characteristics.
- Colour. Color for this means need to be chosen to the maximum dark, and better black, since in brighter versions there is no protection against ultraviolet. And extra bacteria and algae in hoses for watering absolutely not needed.
- Dimensions. Hose diameters are usually standard. The most popular – 13 mm. But there are other options – for example, at 16, 19 mm. Choose a better diameter that matches the vegetation. If it is much, you will need to use a wider hose.
- Layers. The more layers, the longer product.
Should not be bought in this indicator, otherwise the hose will not last long.
How to repair the rubber hose for watering, look in the video below.