Each garden owner dreams to make it beautiful and unusual. To do this, you can use natural plantings from the Tui. These plants complement the various compositions, and also fill the air with a pleasant coniferous aroma.
Tuya Western “Miriam” is an evergreen dwarf shrub with a spherical form. This plant is characterized by small sizes, grows to a height of 80 centimeters. Early shoots increase by 5-10 centimeters. The needles have a thin, vertical shrub, it has good density and scratch. In the summer, the needles are painted with golden-green color, in the winter – reddish-green with a bronze tint, when the heat of the coofy returns itself the previous color. The main characteristics of the low shrub:
- the ability to transfer the tanned and contaminated air of the city;
- lack of substitution to substrate;
- good drought tolerance, overvailing;
- the ability to grow in a container with limited dimensions;
- slow increase;
- winter hardiness;
- Excellent tolerance of topium haircuts.
Miriam is an extremely beautiful representative of Flora. The plant has a good immunity to disease and pests. In the summer, with the aim of preventing it, it is necessary to spray “carbofos” or “Fundazole”.
Planting Western Tyu is standing in the spring of the year, the best time for this will become May. Also landing shrub can be held in autumn in September. The optimal version of the soil in this case will be peat, clay substrate or dry sand. The soil for planting “Miriam” should be prepared in advance, for this it is necessary to mix the following components:
- 2 pieces of turf, leaf land;
- 1 part of the peat;
- 1 part of sand.
The mixture is worth adding complex mineral fertilizers in the amount of 5 grams per liter. Alternatively, you can use a nitroammophos, which requires 0.1 kilogram per representative of the plant world. In the event that the ground is heavy and groundwaters fit closely, it is worth equipping drainage. To do this, on the bottom of the wells you need to lay out a 15-centimeter layer of clay, gravel, bricks.
Dig a landing well required 14 days before the landing. The depth of the pit should be from 0.6 to 0.8 meters, and it should be enough for free location of the entire root system of the plant. In the center of the pit, the roots of the Tui are installed together with an earthen room, over the material is sprinkled with a prepared substrate, it is rambling and watering. Do not forget that when boarding a shrub, it is impossible to plunge the root neck, it is worth leaving at the ground level. Mulch the priority circle is necessary peat, sins.
Methods of breeding
Thuja “Miriam” can multiply In the following ways:
- seeding seeds;
- with the help of messengers;
In most cases, seeds are breeders breeders. Amateur gardeners more often use the drawing method. For the planning procedure it is worth performing a number of actions.
- In summertime, harvesting planting material. Semi-restless stiffs need to cut or cut off, leaving the length of the material 0.3-0.4 meters. If the shoot is young, then its length should be about 15 cm. The heels must be present on the cutlets, it contributes to good rooting of the plant.
- From each of the cuttings it is necessary to remove the foliage from the lower levels. Processing endings need to be immersed in a wet mixture consisting of sand and peat equal to the ratio. Before taking this procedure, stimples should soak in the growth stimulator.
- Puffs are planted into the ground at an angle of 60 degrees, blowing his tip for 3 centimeters and the cover of the film. The most comfortable temperature for rooting Tui is 23 degrees of heat. The same scheme of action is suitable for reproduction by branches.
- Saplings cost from time to time to ventilate, and the soil moisturize with a pulverizer. In the autumn period, greens are covered with polyethylene film.
- In the spring, you can begin a transplant of an adult shrub, which turned 5 years old.
Growing and care
For 2-3 years, after landing Tue, intensive care is required, which includes watering, feeding, the fight against pests and diseases, as well as preparation for the winter period. Maintaining the optimal humidity of the plant must be accompanied throughout the season, as the lack of moisture can cause fading. Watering shrub, it is worthwheeling the crown, because due to excessive puffs with her quickly evaporates liquid. In a situation where she was missing with hot weather, the fruits may grow on Miriam, which will make the crown of unattractive.
To improve the permeability of the soil, as well as eliminate the consequences of sharp temperature differences, near the roots of the thuja, you can make mulching with bevelled grass or spruce vegetable. In the first spring days, shrubs harm the straight rays of the sun, which lead to burns. And in winter for a coniferous representative, snowfalls, ice rains are detrimental. In order to avoid this situation, on the cold period of the year it is worth organizing a shelter or a tie of young coniferous vegetation.
To krona shrub to become thick and dense, it should be trimmed on the third part of the length. Early spring is recommended to carry out sanitary trimming, in which the shoots damaged in winter time. Tuya does not need to be stimulated growth, when tornching a shrub should be measured. Only nitrogen-containing fertilizers are not enough, usually by them bush feed at the end of winter.
In the middle of the hottest time of the year, Miriam can be fertilized by potash fertilizer. In a situation where the plant changes its color, becoming more dull, we can talk about the lack of phosphorus.
Diseases and pests
Western Thuja is characterized by persistent immunity, however, Sometimes it can attack the following diseases and parasites.
- Fungal infection. Thuja can hurt fuzariasis, spit brown. The data of the diseases at the beginning of spring are manifested, at this time of the plant’s needles can turn yellow, and shoots – water and disappear. Damaged parts of the thuu should be trimmed, and a nearby circle sprinkle with lime. In April, it is necessary to carry out prophylactic spraying with the help of borobo liquid. In the summer it is worth applying “Fundazole”.
- Toy false school. The appearance of this pest is evidenced by the formation of spots on the shrub and loss of its decorative qualities. In this situation, Miriam should be treated with the help of “carboofos”, “AcTellica”. The gap between the processings should be about a week.
- Aphid. When combating the mass attack of plants, the TLEY can use “carbofos” or “decy”.
Western Thuja is able to fit into any design of the territory, the garden, while making it alive, original and attractive. Small conifer you can decorate herbal lawn, while putting a shrub one by one or a group. “Miriam” effectively looks in the mixtore, on the outskirts of the garden path, in mountaineering, rocaria, as well as in composition with white pebbles. Thuja – a great option for the design of low living hedges. It can be used for growing in the open ground, container. This plant can be placed on balconies, verandas, terraces. Coniferous combined with small roses, tulips, lupins, jasmine. Miriam also fits juniper, larch, fir. Do not land it next to peonies, dahlias, astrams.
Western Tuya “Miriam” is one of the most beloved plants of gardeners and landscape designers. Reviews of this plant owners contain only positive information. Shrub is characterized by the attractiveness of appearance, uniqueness, ease of care, so its cultivation will be die even inexperienced gardeners.
About how to properly care for the Western Miriam, look in the following video.