Thuja is a popular conifer plant that planted on many cottages and garden sites, as well as in public areas (for example, in parks). Western Globa Variety, which attracts many gardeners is considered a common variety of Tui.
Today in our material we will consider all the features of the plant, we will get acquainted with the varieties of the Western variety, and we will also learn the rules for landing and care for the “globa”.
Western Tuya “Globes” is a plant related to the category of coniferous shrubs. Massively began to be grown in 1874. Plant is popular and love among the large number of gardeners and landscape designers. The plant is valued for aesthetically pleasant appearance, as well as unpretentiousness in the plan. That is why this type of thuu is often used to decorate garden sites. Thuja has a spherical shape and relatively small sizes. So, the height of the plant does not exceed 1.5 meters. The width of the shrub is about the same range. In connection with such indicators, scientists belong to the “globule” to dwarf plants. Plant differs in winter hardiness.
Important. Inexperienced gardeners are often confused by a “globule” with juniper. Be careful when buying plants seedlings.
Adult plant releases shoots that are rather thick and dense by their structure. They grow vertically up and can be directed in all directions. Despite the fact that the thua is a coniferous plant, her needles are soft and pleasant to the point. They are painted in a rich green shade (sometimes you can observe a small yellow subtone). However, this coloring is characteristic of a plant in the warm season. In winter, the thuja acquires a brown tint. Tui varieties of “Globes”, like the rest of the congratulations of this plant, has cones. They are painted in beige shades.
There are several types of “globes” Tui, which are actively used in landscape design. Consider some of them.
This shrub is different from the standard Western variety in its form: it is not a spherical, but more elongated. In height, the plant can reach 1 meter and 20 centimeters. This subspecies move well to frost, so it is suitable for landing in almost all regions of Russia.
This thuja has a small shape. Maximum height of the bush – 60 centimeters. The color of the crown varies and can have various shades of yellow and green colors. Often the grade of the “Compact” globe plant in indoor pots and grown at home.
Western Globa Nana in height does not exceed 80 centimeters. The color of the crown of this species is lighter than those described above. Shrub is quite unpretentious to the soil, just to care for him. In landscape design can be used both in single and group landings.
Thus, depending on your specific needs and preferences, you can choose the optimal type of Western Plant.
How to plant?
The successful development of wood depends largely on, whether it was planted and whether all the necessary measures were taken when landing.
- The most optimal type of soil for the Tui kind of “Globes” is considered a Suglinka. However, on the other soil, the plant can actively develop. In order for the thua well, such additional components such as compost, sand, peat, derm and mineral complexes should be added to the soil.
- In order to plant a plant, in the soil it is necessary to make a deepening. Its size directly depends on the size of the root of a particular seedling. And when landing, the deepening should be done somewhat more than the root system size (it is believed that such a stock should be 25 centimeters in the depth and 30 centimeters around the perimeter).
- After you put a seedling in the ground, it is necessary to produce a rich watering. The soil around the trunk must be muljal by means of bevelled grass (however, any other materials of natural origin can be used).
- In addition, the process of mulching should be repeated before the onset of cold. This time the role of the mulch can perform a sweetheart. This material will protect the plant from the moistener of rodents, and seedlings, in turn, will be able to calmly survive winter cold.
- Tyu “Glose” can be grown in almost any climatic conditions. The plant is pretty resistant and hardy. It tolerates well as freezing and burning the sun. However, in the spring period, it is necessary to take care of the removal of the branches of the shrub, which have already managed to spoil or dry.
How to care?
The care of the Thuus genus “Globes” should be full and complex. Only in this case you will be able to preserve the viability of the plant and extend the terms of his life. That is why you should not neglect the recommendations of specialists.
Watering and subordinate
Thuja loves water, so the watering procedure must be systematic, and the plant should be poured abundantly. At the same time, it is important to remember that excess fluid and moisture can adversely affect the appearance, but also on the health of the plant – the processes of rotting can begin, and then the thua will die. Recommended irradiation frequency – 1 time every 7 days. If you live in hot and arid climate, then you can water the shrub more often.
The processes of feeding and applying fertilizers for the most part depend on that soil grows thuja. So, If the soil is defective in its composition, then begin to make fertilizers recommended for 3 years after landing. The most common option for fertilizer is compost. It should be placed on a depth of about 10 centimeters. After that, the soil around the trunk of the Tui is advised to cover the pine bark.
Another embodiment can be horse or cow manure, as well as humid leaves. If desired, you can use special chemical and artificial compositions that are sold in gardeners. And the preference should be given to those feeding, which in its composition have a large number of potassium and phosphorus.
In general, for season 1, it is recommended to make 2 feeding.
Trimming – Another important stage of plant care. It is carried out in order to prevent the so-called processes of loosening the crust of the “globes”. However, it is worth remembering that it should not be too zealous with this process. Branches are cut no more than a third of all length. Moreover, it is important to note that the pruning procedure itself is recommended to produce in spring, namely, after the kidney of the Tui will be revealed.
Pricing is another leaving event towards Tue. Despite the fact that it has a positive effect on the plant, it is worth remembering that even the most abundant and intensive spray will not replace watering. Nevertheless, Tuya loves the impact of wet air.
Diseases and pests
Western Thuja is quite stable and hardy plants. However, even despite this, the shrub may be subject to various kinds of diseases and pests.
- The plant can be infected with phytoofluoro. In this case, the shrub will begin to fade, the smell of rotes will appear, the trunk will begin to soften. Fungicides are used for treatment.
- In the Tui may appear focused – on the surface of the plant will begin to appear yellow ulcers. In order to get rid of such negative manifestations should use insecticides.
- Common diseases against the “globes” are such fungal ailments like rust and spider. Their first manifestations are blackened and peeing. In order to get rid of the disease, use fungicidal compositions.
Negative phenomena may arise in connection with your incorrect gardeners. Among them may be like:
- Incorrectly planted by a tree can cause root reinforcement;
- The overabundance of artificial feeding can lead to roots burns;
- Close planting of several seedlings will cause a plant.
That is why it is very important not only in the process, care, but also at the time of landing to comply with all the recommendations of specialists and clearly follow the instructions provided.
Usage in landscape design
Western Tuya, relating to the Globa variety, is highly appreciated by specialists in landscape design. This plant is used for a large amount of decorative and investigative purposes. So, for example, Tuya can perform the role of a peculiar living hedge, decorate the garden or mountaineering.
In addition, this plant is often used to compile modern landscape compositions that become the central part of the entire site. In such complex objects, shrubs of different sizes and heights can be used, with a variety of color.
Due to the fact that the form of a “globes” bush is a ball, it is often used for landscaping such objects, like terraces, loggias and even roofs. In order to give the building a major view, you can land at the main entrance.
If you approach the plant care process with all seriousness, then in a garden or summer cottage, you can create any vegetable composition that will be the highlight of the landscape design.
On landing and caring for Tuya “Globozes” Look in the video below.