Bell Middle – Popular Garden Culture. Gentle plants with elegant flowers become a real decoration of the site. At the same time, they are not too whims and can be grown even inexperienced summer houses. It should be found about popular varieties of medium bells, as well as about the peculiarities of the care.
Culture is two-year. Plant height can reach 1 m. A more accurate indicator depends on the variety. Straight colors straight, hard, do not require support. Narrow leaves, saturated green.
Flowers – the main decoration of the culture. They have the shape of elegant inverted glasses. At the edges of the petals slightly wavy, bend outward. Flowers are ordinary and terry. The length of the bud can reach 6-7 cm. Each inflorescence may include up to 45-50 flowers. Color gamut Cold, exquisite. There are buds of white, pink, blue, blue, purple shades.
Culture flowering period – from June to the end of summer. On sunny sections, the bell blooms abundant.
In a fellow, the appearance of the plant is more modest, but the extended buds are saved on the bush longer.
There are many beautiful varieties.
- “Mixture of paint”. Under this name, manufacturers produce seed packaging with multicolored bells. Usually these terry varieties, forming spectacular high (up to 1 m) bushes. Bloom comes from July to the end of August.
- “Cup with a saucer”. This is the name of the whole variety. Coloring Different (white, pink, blue), is similar to the shape of buds. Gorgeous terry flowers have 2 “skirts”. The result is a form, really similar to a curly tea pair. Maximum height of plants – 80 cm. Flowers Culture from June to September.
- “Campana Lilak”. This variety is characterized by purple colors of traditional shape. Culture Height – from 75 to 85 cm. Blossom starts in the middle of summer and pleases the gardeners until September.
- “Campana White”. Elegant snow-white flowers, directed up, make a bush similar to the air cloud. Culture growth Average: from 50 to 80 cm. Bloom comes early summer. After pruning the plant blooms re-.
- “Pink”. Neat tender-pink flowers in the shape of glasses – the embodiment of the grace. Such bells grow to 80-85 cm. Blossom comes in July and continues until September.
- “Carminosis”. This is another grade with pink flowers. However, the petals have more rich tone. Plant height – about 80 cm. They bloom from July to September. Inflorescences are quite large. This variety, like many others, is ideal and for cutting, and for registration of plots.
Choosing a place
Culture loves light, although successfully develops in half. An excellent solution will be the placement of flowers from the Western or East side of the house or arbor, where the day does not happen direct sunlight. Cool also goes the bell only for the benefit.
The soil should be lightweight, fertile. It is important to ensure good drainage. As for the level of acidity, it should be neutral. In the acidic soil squeeze the bell is impossible.
Most often, bells are grown from seeds. There are 2 options.
- Sowing an open soil. In this case, the blooming gardener will be able to enjoy the next season.
- Growing seedlings. This method is most popular, because with this method of the plant bloody already bloody.
Consider the process in more detail. Seedlings are proceeding at the end of October. So in plants there is a sufficient amount of time for full-fledged formation. By the summer, they will be ready for moving to the site.
- First, prepare containers. It can be plastic tanks or small wooden boxes.
- Then the primer is prepared. On 6 pieces of the turf of the land take 3 parts of the ripped leaves. And also add 1 piece of fine sand. All elements are thoroughly mixed.
- The resulting mixture is falling asleep in the container. Moderate poliva is produced.
- Seeds are distributed on the surface of the soil. Then they are slightly pressed and sprinkled with sand.
- After that, the tank is covered with glass or polyethylene. They carry them into the dark, but warm and well ventilated place.
The most suitable air temperature is 20 ° C. If there is no possibility to put boxes in the dark, you can create a darkening of artificially. For this, the dark dense tight fabric is placed on top of glass or film. Periodically, seedlings are ventilated and sprayed from a sprayer.
The first shoots can be seen after 2 weeks. Blackout is cleaned or rearranged with seedlings in a well-lit place. When the first leaflets appear on 3-centimeter seedlings, pick up. When transplanting, the distance between instances of at least 15 cm. Then young flowers are again removed into the darkness of 10 days. This allows seedlings better fit in a new place. The humidification of young colors do not forget.
After the spring frosts (approximately at the end of May), the seedlings are moved to the site. Flowers planted, observing the distance of about 30 cm between instances.
If the gardener will adhere to all the basic rules of care, soon he will already be able to notice the appearance of the first buds.
Bells need wet soil. So watering should be regular, especially if the weather is dry and hot. Otherwise, flowers are hung or completely stop appearing on the plant. However, too much is also not worth it: excess moisture in the roots can provoke their rotting. After moderate water procedures, the ground around the plant should loose.
At the beginning of the spring, culture is fed by nitrogen. The second time fertilizer is made during the bootonization period. At this time, high phosphorus and potassium compositions will be useful. It is important to remember that the fertilizer of the bells of the cowboy is unacceptable. It will not only not help the plant flies blossom and develop, but can also lead to problems.
Pour the site on which the bell grows, it is necessary. This will provide an inflow of oxygen to the root system of culture. And it is also important to remove faded flowers in a timely manner. Their place will quickly take new buds.
Preparation for winter
In the autumn you should prepare a flower to wintering. The plant is trimmed and hiding mulch. To protect the root system from frost, fallen leaves are quite suitable. Their layer should be at least 10 cm. Can be used and peat. The next year, the spring shelter is cleaned. After that, the plants fertilize Ammonia Selitra.
Seed material collect at the beginning of autumn. Only absolutely healthy plants are suitable for this. Unfortunately, in such a way it is impossible to repetition of the varietal characteristics of the maternal bush. Hybrids are simply not able to transmit their signs in this way. It is therefore it is possible that planted flowers will not be pink or snow-white, as expected, and classic, that is, blue.
This method allows you to maintain the desired plant characteristics, including the color and shape of buds. When the flower reaches 2 years of age, you take a cutlery from it. Do it in the spring when the stems are already formed. There should be 3 intercouxes on the cutting. Leaves are removed from it. This allows the future new flower all the forces to send to the development of the root system and growth.
Stalks are placed in open ground. Pre-land moisturizes. It is important to ensure that 2 interstices remain over the soil level. Then landing is closed with a glass jar. You can also use a cropped plastic bottle.
This is another great way that guarantees the transfer of signs of the variety. A bush shares in spring. And also this can be done at the end of summer, after the decline of heat. The bell is carefully digging. Root divide on 2 -3 parts sharp knife. Each element obtained must have several stroke kidney.
Sections of cuts are treated ashes. You can also use a manganese solution for disinfection. Then the obtained parts are selected on the selected locations. It is better to give preference to plots with light sandy soil. Mineral composition add to the ground. In order to provide drainage on the bottom of the gravel. Then the soil is watered. Blooms can be expected next year.
Fighting diseases and pests
Bells are resistant to diseases. Their pests also attack rarely. However, sometimes unpleasant situations happen. With rainy and cool weather, the plant can get a milder dew or rust. For the prevention and treatment of such aids use Fundazole.
To prevent the appearance of slugs, it is worth scattering a superphosphate around the plant. If the problem is already detected, the leaves are also sprayed with pepper infusion. Metaldehyde can help.
To protect the root system of the bush from mice, you should regularly and deeply loose the soil around the flower.
Beautiful examples in landscape design
The bell is medium in perfectly beautifully and as an independent decoration of the site, and as an element of a garden composition. Flowers are often used for the design of the flower, alpine slides, mixtures. They are planted at the terraces, arbors, along the walking tracks, next to benches. Culture combines well with garden geranium, cloves, velvets, flocks, viruses, cuffs, roses. To emphasize the beauty of the bell tape can be thick greens of ill-sighted crops or cereals. Allow bells and container landing.
About how to grow the bell middle, look in the following video.