Spruce is a coniferous evergreen tree that belongs to the pine family. Currently there are about 40 species of different firings with a beautiful crown. They can be both high (up to 97 m in height) and low (up to 45 cm). The second group includes the variety of ordinary spruce “Little Jam”.
It is believed that EL “Little Jam” arose as the result of the natural mutation of the famous German variety “Nidformis”. It happened in the 50s of the XX century in one of the nurseries of Holland. The tree immediately attracted the attention of breeders with its non-standard appearance. It is very similar to the sitting hedgehog with green spines.
In 1965, this spruce could already be purchased in the Netherlands to land.
Description Eli Ordinary “Little Jam” often begins with the fact that this is a miniature tree having a ball shape. As the crown of tree grows, it acquires a pillow shape. The height of a small needle-haired beauty does not exceed 50 cm, the diameter is no more than 1 m. This is a slow fir, which over the year grows only by 2 cm.
This variety is characterized by short thick branches that are slightly raised up. The young needle has a light green color, and last year’s always dark green. Needles are very small – from 2 to 5 mm. They are thin and arranged on branches very thick. Bumps this fir never forms.
The necessary conditions
In order for EL “Little Jam” to feel comfortable on your garden plot or in a container, you must consider the following points.
- The soil. This grade loves loose loose fertile soils. They must be medium-sized peeled or loamy. Cannot be planted on a plot with groundwater stagnation. With a dense heavy soil during the landing lay a layer of sand or claying thickness of several centimeters. The soil should be regularly loosened not very deep for better air access to roots.
- Watering. In dry weather, it should be poured regularly, and it is necessary to ensure that the water does not fall on a cheva. On hot days water 1 time per week, using 10-15 liters of water. Remember that excess moisture is not useful for ate. It increases the risk of tree lesions with various fungi.
- Lighting. Spruce “Little Jam” – a light-affilome tree, but can grow in a half. Be sure to a few hours a day, he needs direct sunlight.
How to plant?
The depth of the landing well must correspond to the size of the root system (approximately 50-70 cm). In the soil, it is recommended to make a special fertilizer for coniferous. The seedling put in the center for a small earthy elevation, then the roots are placed along the earthen hilly and guide down, the root neck must be at the ground level. After the landing is finished, it is necessary to pour into this place 2-3 buckets of water.
If you put a few firings, the distance between them should be 2-3 meters.
How to care?
Care for fir “Little Jam” is simple, but requires compliance with some conditions.
- Despite overall frost resistance, young auts should be stolen by the plant, as unattractive stains on Krone can remain from frost.
- The tree needs the backup of the crown for the winter so that fragile twigs do not break under the weight of the snow.
- The landing is desirable from the beginning of March until the end of November.
- Pruning should be carried out in the end of spring – early summer, when the movement of the juice will not be active.
- Squeeze fir in the exposure to strong winds. Root tree system is located close to the surface and it can fall.
- In the evening, spray this grade of cool water.
Spruce “Little Jam” is most often breeding with stalling, because the result is a new tree, which is a complete copy of the maternal. As a cutlets take glued side single or two-time shoots. They must necessarily have a sleeping top kidney. In the spring, before the kidneys begin to bloom, the shoots need to be removed using a secaterator or an overwritten knife. The perfect cutlength length – 7-10 cm.
End of escape It is recommended to dip in a special growth stimulator and then put in the substrate. It is made of sand and pearlitis or a mixture of sand and peat (3: 1). Then the cuttings need to clean and cover the film to keep moisture. In the film it is recommended to make holes for air intake.
If the temperature under the film is above 25 degrees Celsius, shoots will die.
This variety of ate can be affected by some pests and mushrooms. Identify those present insects and microorganisms can be followed by the following features.
- Spouse Tla. Yellow spots appear on the needle, and the tree begins to dry out. The presence of TLI can also be determined by the appearance of the colonies of ants.
- Spruce tick. It gives himself brownie spots on the needles facing the sunny side.
- Falseman. Young trees acquire brown color and cease to grow.
- Hermes. Seals are formed on the branches, resembling unscrewed cones.
- Sawfly. Small caterpillars and small web appear on the needle.
- Mushrooms. External manifestation of mycelium on the background of soil moistening.
Fight these diseases are more efficient than special insecticides. With fungi, you can also cope, processing spruce with copper sulfate or organic fungicides.
In landscape design, this variety is used to create stony, eastern and heather gardens. EL fabulously emphasizes the beauty of other coniferous and herbaceous plants. It is often planted in mountaineering and rosary, cultivate as an object for bonsai. Used for both single and group accommodation in the form of a living hedge. These flies are successfully grown in vases in balconies and roofs, in front of the front entrances. “Little Jam” is an unpretentious and very decorative tree. It will feel great in the container, and among other plants in the garden plot. In addition, the seedlings of this variety are inexpensive, and they are easy to plant themselves.
In the next video, you are waiting for more information about Eli Little Jam.