Skumpays call a leaf fall tree or shrub belonging to the family of the summia. This plant is considered very ancient and known to many like a leather tree. Scuming is also called a wigbed bush or a cheap. Natural American continent and some regions of Eurasia are considered the natural environment of its growth. Due to the content in the skin of tubyl leaves, the plant is used to highlight the skin. Nowadays, scum is divorced for industrial purposes, as well as cultivated as a garden plant.
Skumpia leather is a perennial plant. Trees and shrubs of a jettlefish are a branching system, their height can vary from 2 to 5 meters. It all depends on the variety of skirmism. Paric tree can be found on the expanses of Russia. It usually grows in the territory of the Rostov and Voronezh region.A popular plant has become in the XVII century, and so far it is actively used in leather production and perfumery. Skumpia is also used for making dyes.
The wicking tree is obliged to be a decorative type, which allows the plant winning to fit into the garden landscape. Croon Skump has an umbrella or spherical shape. In the summer, the leaves of the plant have light green and dark purple color. In the fall they can acquire golden and scarlet color. Such an unusual property of skirmism makes it popular among gardeners.
Spectacular blossoms of skin skumpia also attracts plants lovers. Flowers shrub in the late spring or early summer. The jettlefront is abundantly covered by thick inflorescences of the blurred form. They consist of small flowers painted in scarlet, pale green, white or pinkish shade. Their length can vary from 15 to 30 centimeters. Light color of inflorescences in combination with extraordinary air industry creates the effect of haze around the plant. In English-speaking countries for this reason, the plant is called “Smoke Tree”, which means “smoky tree”. We have a scamps called a wigbed tree because of lush flowering, which visually resembles a bulk wig.
In the natural range of growth, the lifetime of a jettle can reach up to 100 years. In this case, the life expectancy of the tree is combined with its intensive growth. This is due to well developed and strong root system. The root grows in a short period of time. For this reason, two years after landing, you can get a small decorative garden bush. The same one cannot say about the flowering of skumpia – it begins to bloom only when it reaches its maturity, in 6-8 years. By this time, the shape of the wiggling tree can be maintained much easier, as the plant slows down its height.
Appearance and decorative properties of jettlefront depends on the variety of plants. For gardening garden zone, any kind of skumpia can be used.
Popular varieties of wiggles include the following.
- Royal Perf. In Europe, this hybrid is the most popular. This bush grows up to 1.5 meters. Wide crown of plants has a ball shape. Color leaves red-brown, with the onset of autumn they acquire blue. Needs forming trimming, which should be carried out every year. It is recommended to grown under a soft climate, as this plant is very poorly tolerated low temperatures.
- Ruberdolius. The plant of this variety grows up to 2 meters in height. If the scum is grown in the southern regions, its height can vary from 3 to 5 meters. The leaves of the tree are painted in a purple color, and with the autumn one becomes red.
- “Grace”. This decorative shrub can reach up to 3 meters in height. In the summer, the leaves of the skumpies are painted in a dark red color, in the fall can acquire red or golden shades. Small inflorescences of pink color, appear on a tree in the late spring. Culture is resistant to low temperatures and arid periods.
- “Golden Spirit”. This hybrid is popular among plant lovers, despite the fact that it is quite picky. The tree has an increased level of decorativeness, the leaves, like many other varieties, have a rich color palette, and flowering is distinguished by its thickness and contrast.
- “Follis Purpuraus”. The crown of this jettlefish is stretched, and the height of the tree can reach 2 meters. During the flowering season, leaves painted in purple color. At the end of summer, the plant is covered by panicles. This hybrid is best adapted for growing in warm regions. Growth grade is very slow.
- “Young Lady”. This hybrid is great for growing in Russia. All thanks to the frost resistance of the plant and ease of care. Wigbed wood crown wide and spherical. Thick leaves of skumpia painted in yellow-green. The flowering period begins at the beginning of summer and continues the whole season. The plant is unpretentious to the soil, but it is best forbidden on a well-lit plot with lime soil.
- “Lilla”. This variety of skumpies is a mini-version “Royal Pirpl”, because the growth rate of this hybrid is much slower than that of its enlarged prototype. Grow “Lilla” to 1.2 meters. Leaves have a rich color palette. In the spring, they are painted in a scarlet shade, in summer their color smoothly moves to the drain shade, and the golden color becomes in the fall.
Usually make a choice in favor of varieties that are unpretentious to landing and care. but Often, gardeners plant shutters, which are characterized by increased decorativeness, but in winter they have to be stolen.
It is recommended to acquire seedlings that have a root system of a closed type. In this case, planting plants can be in any season of the year, except for winter. It is best to plant a skirmism at the beginning of spring, so that the shrub has managed to root and grasp the onset of cold.
So that the process of cultivation has passed successfully, it is necessary to choose a suitable place to land. It should be spacious and well covered. The soil can be any, but light soil, which is inherent with an acidic reaction at a neutral level, is best suited for a wigbed tree.
Zheltilik does not like excessive moisturizing, so it is necessary to avoid stagnation of water from his rhizoma. Plot, groundwater on which they sit close, not suitable for growing skumpies.
The day before landing in the open ground, seedlings are placed in clean water. Before that, it is necessary to conduct a careful inspection of the roots. Damaged and dried parts are removed. Slices should be treated by fungicide. After processing, the sections are sprinkled with crowded coal.
The size of the pockets for planting a jettlefish depends on the dimensions of the root system. In fertilizers, the plant does not need, as it is better to take root in soils with a deficit of useful substances. Before boarding the pit poured water. Two buckets will be enough. It is necessary to wait until all water is absorbed into the soil, then sprinkle her surface of wood ash. From the Earth, a holmik is formed in which a seedlock is planted. Followed need to straighten the root and fill the moon of the earth. Then it remains only to compact the soil and pour with plenty of water.
Skumpay care will not deliver a lot of hassle gardener. In order for the plant abundantly bloom, it is necessary to perform certain actions when caring for a wigbed tree.
Zheltilnik is famous for its resistance to drought. However, this does not mean that the plant does not need moisture. If you don’t water the tree for a long time, its bloom will not be so heavy, and the growth will noticeably slow down. Watering is produced when soil graze. Water should not fall on the leaves, so it is recommended to moisturize the land closer to the ground. The frequency of water procedures will be reduced, there is a mulching in the zone of the attractive circle. This process is held in March. In addition, the mulch layer is the protection of the roots from drying. Mulching is also necessary for uniform moisture distribution.
Skumpia Ordinary is adapted to the shortage of fertilizers and is growing perfectly on poor soils. At the same time, the reaction to the feeder is positive. Nutrients help the plant strengthen flowering. Usually fertilize a wigbed tree in March when there are no leaves on it. Food-potash fertilizer is suitable for feeding. It will help the plant to recover after winter frost. Before flowering, you can feed the scum again. This is done in the early summer. Organic fertilizer is suitable for feeding. Commonly used korovyan, and in some cases and bird litter. Often fertilize the plant is not recommended.
Skin care assumes and trimming plants. This process should be carried out no more than once every 2-3 years. Typically, pruning is done in the spring, before the appearance of foliage. Forming trimming is often combined with the removal of old or frost-affected branches. Young annual shoots need to cut on 2/3 lengths. This will help the shrub to become more branched and lush. The oldest branches are cut under stump. After trimming, the leaves grow stronger, and the crown becomes compact.
Preparation for winter
Skumpiya ordinary is distinguished by its frost resistance. However, even it must be insulated the first few years after landing. Nonwoven Materials are perfect for the collapse of shelter. You can use Loutrasil, after which it is wrapped in a food film. To save the root system during the winter time, shrub mulch. For this suitable materials such as humid or peat.
Many cultures of skumpies are well adapted for growing in regions with low temperatures, so the plant is great for landing in the Moscow region and throughout the middle lane of Russia. It is worth choosing only frost-resistant hybrid varieties of a wiggy tree, and the most persistent of them can be grown even in Siberia.
Fighting diseases and pests
Paric tree is resistant to various diseases. Skumpia also feels well-protected from insect damage. However, in rare cases, with improper care or any external adverse factors, the plant may get sick. Insect pests can provoke diseases that settle on the plant. Among them allocated:
- Skumping sheetoblushka;
- Small pistachio loudoad;
- Fale leaf.
To combat these pests, gardeners recommend using insecticides. It can be “carbofos”, many also use “Decis”. The dosage rate is always indicated in the instructions for the use of drugs.
Zhalintaniki in principle almost never sick, but in rare cases they are overwhelming such a disease as a verticillotic fading. The reason for it is infection with fungal bacteria. First they damage the root, after which the fungus spreads over the entire surface of the shrub. With verticellious fading, shoots gradually die, dry leaves. Mushroom-affected branches need to be immediately removed, and cuts to handle with antiseptic. If we moderately moisturize the plant, feed it on time and loosen the soil around the tree, then you can avoid the appearance of this disease.
There are several ways to breed a wrench.
- Shining. Reproduction with cuttings is considered the most popular method. Cuttings are harvested in June. Before the landing process itself, it is necessary to immerse the processes in the heteroacexin solution and hold them there 12 hours. After disembarking, the jettlefish needs abundant moisture.
- Growing from seeds. This method is considered one of the most difficult, and in the case of a wigbed tree it is not an exception. Reproduction with seeds suitable only by professional gardeners. Initially, seeds require scarification. This process is mandatory in the preparation of planting material. The thing is that the seeds are practically not precipitated and dense by their structure. After scarification was made, the seeds are stored in a cold place (no more than 4 degrees of heat) within 3 months. Processing seeds in the process of scarification follows a solution of sulfuric acid. Seeds are placed in a liquid for 20 minutes. Typically, the seeds are sifted in the fall. But if sowing is scheduled for spring, then seeds are stratified. This means that seeds are kept at low temperatures in a natural way. Young shoots appear in a year.
- Reproduction with chains. To propagate the plant in this way, it is necessary to make small cuts on the lower branch of the jettlefish, after which the branch is beyond the earth. On top it sprinkled soil. Immediately after the appearance of the roots, the plant is separated from the maternal.
Beautiful examples in landscape design
Skumpius leather wide application has in the freezing of garden-park zones and in landscape design.
- Green hedge. Due to the fact that the jettlefish is amenable to molding and haircut, it appears the ability to present it in the form of a hedge. The distance between the bushes should be at least 70 centimeters.
- Group landing. Skumpiya ordinary is well combined with such plants as Samshet, Birch and Lipa. Often you can see it in a group landing with thia.
- Soliter landing. This type of landing is presented in the form of a single plant that stands out on a specific background.
- Purple wiggular trees It looks good in landings of a single type, And the green representatives of this species perfectly fit into the living hedges. Especially spectacular they look in the autumn period. Zhelechnik is often planted in urban parks, because it is an absorber of polluted air.
How to form a krona of skumpies, look in the video below.