Before you decorate the pool on my site, you need to think about the quality finish of the bowl, as it will often contact with water. One of the modern types of finishing materials is rubber paint. You should know about the basic properties of this product.
Having built a pool bowl (concrete or metal), having spent a good waterproofing, the next step will be surface treatment by applying rubber paint. Before purchasing a specific brand products, you need to become familiar with all its features and composition.
Rubber paint is the newest view of acrylic water-based paints. It is environmentally friendly, harmless to health, breathable, with a soft flexible texture suitable for any external and internal work. All components included in such a mixture do not make any harm for nature, since they do not emit hazardous substances by applying or when using.
This waterproof substance creates a very dense coating, soft and pleasant to the touch, and reliably protects the surface of the tank. The product includes:
- water (serves for dissolution, does not exceed 5% of the total mass);
- acrylic latex (necessary for high stability and flexibility);
- coalescent (component serving film formation);
- antifreeze (secure the finished coating from the effects of minus temperatures);
- preservative (affects the life of paint);
- Additives, Pigments, Fillers (to improve the properties and giving color to the finished product).
Pros and cons
Modern rubber paints for the pool have their advantages and disadvantages. The main advantages:
- High quality and material durability (service warranty for about 10 years without abrasion and cracking surface);
- coating flexibility;
- Resistance to temperature fluctuations (does not change its properties at either high and neither at low indicators);
- moisture resistance (the paint layer perfectly protects the surface from the effects of frequent contact with water);
- safety (there are no harmful discharge and sharp smell);
- ease of application;
- availability in price;
- Resistance to the sunshine (does not lose color under the influence of ultraviolet);
- anti-slip surface (which is very important for the pool);
- Fast drying (for several hours).
The only disadvantage of such a product is the more scrupulous preparation of the surface in compliance with all the rules (in order to avoid further paint detachment).
Buying rubber paint for the pool will cost much cheaper to buy tiles for decoration of the bowl, while paint is not inferior to tiles in all indicators. Currently, such a paintwork can be purchased from different manufacturers. Consider the best manufacturers of this product.
According to experts, Dali products are considered the best among the similar categories of goods. The paint is used to apply on a wooden surface, tiled, on slate, as well as on galvanized and iron. The positive parties of this brand products are considered:
- economical flow;
- suitable for outdoor and internal works;
- You can hide cracks up to 3 mm;
- can be used in new homes giving shrinkage;
- Increased noise insulation.
The following factors are disadvantages:
- You can use only from + 10 °;
- can not be diluted;
- high price;
- 2 layers are required.
The American manufacturer produces products that can be applied to concrete, brick and plastered surface. The advantages of this finishing material:
- High shelterness with small paint volumes for a large surface area;
- there is no chemical smell;
- Easily masks small cracks;
- applied, forming minimum of drows;
- Sold only in large containers 19 l;
- high price;
- Big drying interval between layers: 24 hours;
- Designed exclusively for outdoor work;
- takes a lot of time in the process of tinting.
Super Decor Rubber
Finnish manufacturer recommends applying its products on wooden, galvanized, any metal, plastic, gypsum, concrete and brick surfaces. Paints:
- does not interfere with the passage of steam;
- It is allowed to wash the surface;
- resistant to cracks and base strikes;
- there is no smell;
- Ability to use inside and outside the room.
The Super Décor Rubber brand products have some disadvantages, namely:
- not enough single layer for reliability;
- high price;
- Need a caller.
How to apply?
Before proceeding with paint, you need to carefully prepare the surface of the pool bowl surface. Work is made as follows:
- Protect the bottom and sides of the design and wait at least 8 hours to complete drying;
- Clean the surface from all available contaminants;
- Before starting work, carefully shake the paint, not leaving any lumps;
- With an excessive thickness of the mixture, you can add some water;
- The first layer is applied with a tassel or roller strictly on a dry surface, be sure to wait for drying;
- In the process of work, paint is often stirred;
- Apply a second layer on the dry surface of the first layer;
- After the painting produced, carefully launder work tools.
It is not recommended to be limited only to staining. For greater durability of the coating, it is necessary to occasionally carry out preventive. In this case, it is enough:
- remove the rust that appeared;
- If necessary, use sealant;
- periodically paint.
Within 7 days after applying paint it is undesirable to wash the surface of the pool. This rule must be adhered to the fact that the material has finally gained its solid properties.
The finished bowl of the pool can be washed with soap solution and treat the disinfectant.
Review about rubber paint See further.