Long live breeders and amateur gardeners – their business enthusiasts! That is how I want to exclaim, learning the story of the origin of the plenty rose “Santana”. Today, ROSEN TANTAU, named after the founder of Matias Tantau, is known to many color lovers. It was here that the hybrid “Santana” in 1985 – a liatovoid plant, which is important to touch the carpet from ruby beauties, stretch over a light aroma and bow in front of the majestic queen.
“Santana” is not in vain recognize the brightest representative of the plenty roses. Main feature – bloom from spring and to golden autumn. Rich color with a velvety tide in a cup of cups reaching 8-12 cm. This variety refers to the re-flowering, per season Rosa has time to blow away twice. Describing the flower in detail, you can give it the following characteristic:
- Plant height 2.5-3 m, width – 1.5-2 m;
- in the size of the flower refers to large-color;
- Petals, velvety on the touch, after the rain are becoming more saturated color of the wine “Cabernet Sovignon”;
- Pink buds bloom in groups of 3-7 pieces gradually across the bush;
- The smell is very light;
- Sheet plates are distinguished by juicy greens, wax glitter and dense;
- The shoots are very branched, thanks to which it is well suited to create vertical compositions, and since the shoots grow along the entire trunk, the kidneys and buds are formed evenly throughout the height and width of the bush;
- Escape strengths have enough for sustainability without supports, but the plant is often sprinkled along the walls of buildings, trellis and arches;
- If you plant a few bushes, it is formed a pink shrub-chewb;
- “Santana” is quite resistant to cold and rain, but it will be comfortable in a soft climate;
- Liana has a bit of pests, as well as diseases;
- For good growth, you need ventilated, but without draft, terrain.
So, the rose is not in vain is greater popularity among professionals and amateurs-flower water. So you can try it to dilute and in your landing room. And for this it is important to understand how to put a seedling and grow it.
Before buying, you need to get knowledge about what a competent seedling seedling is.
- Good saugencies – This is the root cervix, from which 2-4 escapes with a green young bark and rhizome. Buying a seedling “with hands”, most likely, roots without land will be clearly visible. In this case, you can carefully consider whether they are damaged, there is no fungal plaque. When buying a seedling with a closed root system, that is, in a pot, you can buy a “cat in a bag”, however, planting such an instance is easier.
- If a raptber with an open root system was no land for some time, and the roots dried up, then the day before the landing it is recommended to lower the roots into the water and withstand 24 hours.
- Immediately before landing the roots disinfect. For this, 30 g of copper mood or 1 tablespoon “Fundazola” is bred in 10 liters of water. The seedling is almost completely bathing in solution.
- Landing in the spring is carried out when the earth warmed up to +10 degrees. It is about from April 20 to May 20. In the fall, you need to have time to plant not too early, otherwise the kidneys will be broken into growth, and not too late – the root system can frozen. In time – from mid-September to mid-October.
- Santana – Sun Flower. South part of the site or wall of the house without drafts – what you need.
- While the seedling is in a bucket with water, prepare for him a hole 50×50 cm deep in about 30 cm. There should be poured the chernozem bucket and it is good to pour (the amount of water depends on the composition of the soil).
- When planting in the spring, the bush plant so that the root neck remains above the surface. When landing in the fall, experts advise around the stem for making a 20 cm high, to protect the roots from the frost.
- Other gardeners are recommended to pour a slide anyway, Previously tamped the soil and watering it from above. Earth seal is done to drive out the air from the root, and faster give them the opportunity to get in touch with the soil. The slide is moving in 2 weeks when the seedling takes.
- There should be no leaves on the branches. From the root you need to leave a bolor in 20 cm of height, the rest of the trim. The purpose of the manipulation: to enable the Kusta to gain strength and faster to root, and not spend the forces on the growth of shoots.
Professional gardeners argue that rose requires special care in the first year, it will be easier. Is this so, you can check only on your own experience. Caring for flower lies in watering, mulching, feeding, loosening, preparation for wintering, trimming.
How often to water, depends on the growth stage, weather conditions, the quality of the earth. In the spring, when “Santana” wakes up, the kidneys are gaining strength, leaves appear, new shoots, – watering is required more and more. But with everyday irrigation, the moisture evaporates rapidly from the soil surface, leaving the root system without water. For an adult bush in a dry warm time, a two-time watering is required per week for 15-20 liters.
If the soil is rocky, Mergel, then watering will need more. Roses can not be watering cold, especially running, water with a hose. Plants do not watered in the heat: you can burn the leaves, the moisture quickly evaporates from the surface, leaving the cracked soil like asphalt. But wet leaves, who did not have time to dry to cool night, can become a seedler of fungal diseases.
Since September, roses stop watering so as not to provoke growth. But dry autumn bushes moisturize about 10 liters of water once a week.
Loosening is called dry irrigation. It supplies rhizome oxygen, simplifies water access to roots, protects from weeds. Many plants love not slides of the earth in the roots, but holes. Roses are no exception. Lunok’s sides will delay moisture and will not pour paths.
Loose ground from spring and up to August. Later loosening is inappropriate, because the rose is preparing for wintering.
Swimming is carried out with a ripper, a small chopper or a hose to a depth of 10-15 cm. Big tools can damage roots.
Mulch or Radiation – a way to protect the flower from weeds, overheating of the earth, the rapid drying of moisture, the formation of crusts on the surface of the soil, weathered and frozen roots. Mulch can be organic and inorganic. Organizer in the form of bevelled grass, sawdust, straw, humoring, needles are more familiar – it is unfolded with the onset of spring before the awakening of the kidneys. But such mulching attracts insects that harm roses.
Therefore, some use inorganic mulching: nonwoven material, cutting rubber, geotextile. But perhaps the optimal option is gravel, pebbles or large stones. A dry summer morning warm air creates a dew, touching with a cold stone. Dew droplets flow through stones, providing additional watering plants.
The amount and quality of food will affect the abundance of flowering and the saturation of the color of leaves and colors. For the season, the bush must be supported 5 times with minerals and organic (for the first year 2-3 times).
In May and in the first days of August, the flower is fed by nitrogen fertilizers: 1 tablespoon of urea, sodium humate or liquid organic substances contribute to the pushes of roses into growth. Pruning is stress for roses, here and will help nitrogen.
The formation of strong shoots is achieved by making superphosphate. The phosphorus made from June to August will also provide abundant and long-lasting flowering.
For zerovy and blossom need potassium. It will provide a bush preparation for winter. Feeder spend all summer and at the beginning of autumn.
If the soil on the area is sour, then it is neutralized by dolomite flour, wood ash, haired lime, touched chalk. Throughout the time of vegetation, the flower feed manganese, iron, boron, magnesium. These trace elements are sold in the form of mixtures. The last mixture is introduced in early November in the form of a mulching by an organica. It will help the spring flower easier to wake up and strengthen the root system.
Extractive feeding, i.e. spraying, can be held every 10 days. It will help to saturate the leaves and buds faster. It is important to make a solution correctly and use it according to the instructions. Leaves should be sprayed on both sides.
And root, and extractive feeding are carried out in the morning or evening. Purpose – to save leaves and barrels from burns. When spraying it is important that the solution manage to absorb to rain. All instructions indicate the use of the drug to rain.
Preparation for winter
In the southern regions, the plenty Santana will penetrate without insulation, but in the middle lane there is a chance of freezing. Before the onset of frosts, the bush is cut and covered. The height of the passing material should be at least 20 cm. It can be coniferous branches, potato or tomato tops, tires, covered on top of boards. Often a bush is covered with a garden film in several layers.
Before covering the branches, bind to the screens and laid not just to the ground, but on any insulation: foliage, rag, coniferous. So that the branches do not rise, they must be addressed to the earth gentle.
Careful shellation is carried out only when the temperature decreased to -5 degrees. Do not strive to strengthen the plant early: it is wary under the “fur coat” and will hurt.
On how correctly the pruning will be produced, not only the density of the bush will depend on, but also whether it will wake up in the spring. Therefore, they use the knife-disinfected in the steep manganese. It will save from mushrooms on sections. Sections on the weathered branches are treated with garden borants.
Trimming may be several types.
- Preventive – in the spring at the time of swelling the kidney remove frozen and sick sprigs. All others are cut to the uppermost swollen.
- Thinning – cut down shoots growing inside the bush, weak thickening, old, curves. Purpose – put in order bush, add beauty to the plant.
- Rejuvenating – every fourth year with a lien-like roses remove old on-west branches, leaving 30 cm from the root.
- Enlightening flower – an innovative technique at which all the old branches first cut out, and all the remaining trigger.
Pruning gives shape, decorative, eliminating the thickening. It should be remembered that the flowers will only be on the weird 1-3-year-old shoots. Estantly growing young stroke you need to cut very carefully. The first trimming is carried out immediately after planting a seedling in the hole, what we wrote above.
In the spring “Santana” is cut off immediately after removing the shelter. Clean weak, patients, broken branches. In the summer, the plant is cleaned from the sworded buds and unnecessarily grown young shoots. Late in the fall spend a premium trimming.
Sharp knife so as not to remember the twigs eliminate the longest shoots. With such a trimming, the bush will give strength on the formation of buds, and not greens.
Diseases and pests
Determine that the plant is ill, it is possible by its appearance. And this means that the disease is progressing. To avoid this, you need to regularly examine the pink bushes. Otherwise, the disease can flush from one rose to another. Most often you can see the following signs of lesion:
- Impressive cones on the root system – bacterial cancer are not treated, but removed from the plants; Healthy roots are treated with copper vigor;
- White raid, similar to wake-up flour – mild dew; To save other plants, and not only roses, the bush is uprooted and burned far beyond the garden and the garden;
- Black spots on the leaves – Marsonin or black spot; The affected leaves are removed and burned in a remote location, the bush is treated with copper and systemic fungicides.
Pests have a lot of roses: Weather tinner, green rose, rotary leaflet, rosal shield, Potnnie slumbging and others. Struggle with them with the help of chemicals – insecticides. But can and folk remedies. For example: 300 g of onions or garlic, 400 g of green tomato leaves crushed in a blender; 5-6 hours to insist with 3 liters of water; strain; Add 7 liters of water and 40 g of soap. Well mixed solve spray plants.
Care tips for plenty roses See in the video below.