Rose Lavinia variety appeared in Germany in the 90s of the last century as a result of crossing hybrid varieties. And already in 1999, this variety became famous everywhere and even won the honorable award on a specialized thematic exhibition in the US. “Lavinia” is a plenty rose, it is used to decorate the hedges, walls of buildings, arches, with its help create live harvesters.
This rose has received its high popularity due to high decorative properties when used in garden design, as well as due to certain types of diseases.
Description of varieties
Pleetry Rose “Lavinia” has thin and long highly branching shoots, and the bush himself can grow up to three meters in height and to one and a half meters wide. On colorless shoots there are brushes from infloresions, in which it is collected from three to seven roses. With the disclosure of buds, the flowers have the shape of a bowl, the petals are collected around the whisk and have a colors of a saturated pink shade.
The leaves of roses are regular, on one cut by five sheet plates are attached, four are located pairwise, the fifth in the top. They have a dark green color and slightly toothed edges. Encyclopedic description of the Lavinia variety suggests that the leaves of the bush are large and very dense. They are attached to the branches with the help of special leafy intercosals.
The roots at this plenty rose are strongly developed, they need a lot of space for successful growing. Usually they go deep into the soil at a distance of two meters. Roses roots do not like moisture stagnation, so when choosing a landing site, you need to ensure that the groundwater does not fit to the surface of the earth with a closer than two meters.
Often plenty roses need certain backups that facilitate the load on their long stems covered with colors caps. Rosa “Lavinia” is famous for which it can successfully grow and develop without support. She has very durable branches, thick and flexible, they are pretty difficult to break, but they are podiatiles when creating curved structures.
The variety is also known that not only the bush himself, but even its delicate fragrant flowers are quite resistant to the effects of long rains.
In addition, “Lavinia” and frost transfers good. Flowers Rose from late June to deep autumn.
Companions for Rosa “Lavinia”
Pleet rose needs not only in the right choice of landing sites and good care, but demanding and to which companions surround it. There are opinions of experts and gardener reviews about what neighbors for roses are favorable, and which – no.
- It is believed to be inappropriate to place roses in the composition of mixed flower compositions. And the point here is not only in the beauty of the general form, but what makes it difficult to care for a pink bush – it is difficult to cut, the soil around the bush is covered with other plants. For this reason, adverse neighbors for roses are Astra, Verbaine, Fizost, and the like, which are quickly growing.
- The acidity of soil plays a considerable role. Roses do not like soil watering and do not come together where hydrangea or rhododendrons will feel good.
- In order for the rose to successfully grow and bloom, you do not need to plant it near large trees, such as birch, maple, pine or spruce. These trees will take moisture and nutrients from roses, and she cannot cope with such giants in the competitive struggle for survival.
- Pleet roses can be successfully grown with low plants that do not fill the entire surface of the soil – this is a sage, bell, forget-me-not, lavender, as well as cereal.
- Regarding Clematis, it is necessary to remember that it is possible to put them on only after two- or even three-year development of roses, otherwise the plants will begin to quite actively compete with each other in the sun.
- The most beautiful and functional combination in the formation of living hedges is considered the Commonwealth of Roses and Tui. Such a combination was used in past centuries French royal landscape designers, forming crowns of these conifers in the form of cones or balls. The most important condition for such a successful coexistence is the observance of the distance between plants from one to one and a half meters.
How to choose and plan?
When choosing a landing material You need to pay attention to a few moments.
- Quality rose saplings should have from two or more shoots in the decoration stage. The best option is the one when there are four escapes and all of them are directed in different directions.
- On the stems should not be wrinkled sections of the bark or frying branches, such a seedling may not be taken.
- If there are spots on the surface – this is a signal that the plant is patient.
- At the place of vaccinations, also pay attention to the condition of the bark, there should be no detachments there.
- On a healthy and fresh sapling, you will see the kidneys in the step of swelling, if they are not at all, then the plant dry and dies. This often happens when the conditions of transportation or storage are violated.
- Always inspect the root system, the roots must be dark brown, strong and elastic. The plant with soft scorched roots is most often susceptible to root rot.
According to the reviews of experienced gardeners “Lavinia” it is best to plant in an open ground in late May – early June. Before planting roots, roses are kept in water tanks, in which the root growth stimulator is dissolved, about 5-7 hours.
For planting seedlings, you will need to prepare a hole of 50-60 centimeters in depth and width. It is put on its bottom of the feeder consisting of a compost, a special soil-peat mixture for roses and a small amount of sand.
Before planing, the shoots are shortened so that they reach no more than 20 centimeters, and the roots are cut to the length of about 30 centimeters. When landing the roots it is necessary to straighten and sprinkle the soil, while the soil is sealing as best as possible to avoid the formation of failures and voids. Now the rose must be spilled good with water, and if the soil gave shrinkage, add the required amount of land. Experts advise near the root cervix to pour the soil hollyk, and in twenty days it. It will give an increase in the additional rods of the root system, and the bush is better attached.
How to care?
After landing, a rose is required to water no more than once a week (water bucket on the bush). If the weather is hot and the air temperature exceeds 25 degrees, watering can be done once every five days. The main thing is to prevent the stagnation of moisture from the roots so that they do not bother.
The appearance of the first young leaves serves as a signal to make nitrogen fertilizers. It is necessary to make it before the formation of buds, but in the first year you do not need such feeding. From the second year, the rose fertilizes the diluted manure in combination with the compost or mineral complexes contribute. Sometimes the latter replace ash, but this is only if the rose grows on the basis rich in nutrients. Before the start of the wintering period, the feeding is also not worth making it, it is better to do it in the spring.
For the prophylaxis of rot and fungal diseases, the rose is treated with a 3-percent solution of iron mood, which you need to take in the amount of three hundred grams per 10 liters of water. So that the bush is not subjected to infectious diseases or invasion of insects, it needs to be kept clean, avoiding growing around it. Often, for this purpose, the land around the rose bush is mounted either cover with agrofrocal, which is able to hold moisture, to ensure the flow of oxygen to the roots, but prevents the development of weeds.
Mandatory in the care of plenty varieties of roses is a regular trimming, during which old and sick shoots are eliminated. In order to give a rose beautiful view, in addition to sanitary trimming also decorative.
During the formation of the crown you need to remember that the grade of “Lavinia” gives flowers only on the shoots of the second year of life, so it is important not to cut. In addition, you need to delete shoots that the plant forms below the vaccination point. As a rule, they are removed by their hands and do it regularly.
In the autumn period, when it comes to low night temperatures, the bush needs to be untied from the supports and lay on the ground. So that the branches do not rose, they are pressed with wire or wooden horns. After that, the plant is covered with a noodle or underfloor material. With the arrival of spring heat, the branches return to their places.
Professional specialists and amateur gardeners unanimously converge in the opinion that the variety of plenty roses “Lavinia” is one of the most beautiful and well-coming among similar species. Rose has proven itself not only in southern latitudes, but is successfully grown in the middle lane of Russia. Every year, the demand for the seedlings of this plant is only growing, indicating that “Lavinia” becomes a favorite not only among the connoisseurs of roses, but also newcomers who are still doing the first steps in this exciting hobby to grow beauty in their area.
How to properly hide a rose for the winter, look in the video below.