Rhododendron Yellow belongs to plants of deciduous type. His big part grows in the east of Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Belarus). In Russia, this type of culture is found in southern territories, for example, in the Mountain locations of the Caucasus. The plant prefers dry places, is distinguished by good frost resistance. Read more about Rhododendron Lutea Let’s talk in the article.
Characteristics of varieties
The name of the shrub has greek roots. So, Rhododendron (rhododendron) literally means “pink tree”. However, the family of a blooming bush does not apply, his relative – the family of heers. Among Russian flower flower appears, another name – Azalea, however, from the point of view of Botany is not quite true.
In the category of yellow (lutea), other types of flower fall – for example, “Silphides” (Sylphides), Houmbush (Homebush). They differ in color of blossomed buds, as well as the size and shape of flowers. The overall trait that unites them all – a lush green foliage.
According to the description of the rhododendron of a yellow grade is a high (reaches 4 meters) a lush shrub with spreader branches. The leaves are oblong, have an ovoid shape, towards the end a little pointed. The width of the leaflet varies from 2 to 8 cm, length – from 4 to 12. If you look close to the sheet, you can see that its edges are framed by small cloves (cilia). Cushion length reaches 7 centimeters.
The flowering period is accompanied by blooming on the bush of yellow / orange flowers, differing in saturation. The form of their elongated (reaches 7 cm), in diameter – 5 cm. One bush can contain up to 20 volumetric inflorescences. In the center of each bud there are curved stamens (by the way, they are above the whin). Flowering culture begins in April and continues until June. This period is characterized by a strong aroma filling the ambient air. At the end on the branches of these varieties, a large number of oblong fruits of boxes are formed.
Closer to the autumn foliage turns and falls. During the spring to autumn, the plant can grow about 4 cm – in the most favorable conditions, the number reaches 15 centimeters.
It is important that you need to know about Rhododendron – a flower poisonous. Eating animals, as well as in the stomach of a man of his leaves, petals threatens strong poisoning.
How to plant and care?
In the wildlife of the wildlife, the rhododendron of a yellow variety demonstrates extraordinary results – high splashing bushes, bright flowering and strong fragrance. Homemade plant care does not require much effort. Fall species is unpretentious, well tolerate low temperatures. The main care is in a few points, without which the full growth and blossom of shrub is impossible. Rhododendron “Silfidees”, “Homebush” successfully grown in the garden, in the country area, receiving or urban flower beds.
Correct care will provide a decorative type of plant, as well as protect against possible diseases and harmful insects.
Consider the basic rules for the content of flower.
- Lighting. The plant by nature is light-minded, but normally grows in the shade. For this reason, it is often planted near coniferous trees.
- Watering. In the season of rains (in spring and summer), this procedure is carried out extremely rarely. In arid days it is necessary to regularly moisturize the plant – enough two times a week.
Experienced floweries advise to moisturize the earth in the evening, after sunset.
- The soil. Suitable option – high acidity land. That is why Yellow Rhododendron demonstrates good results on peatlands, as well as on stony surfaces. Experts recommend choosing a porous soil for landing.
- Fertilizer. First feeding should be made in May. It is recommended to stick to small doses with a regularity of 2-3 times a month. Balanced, mineral compositions are useful for the plant. Especially useful organic. In specialized stores it is better to purchase “Kemira Universal” feeding in the form of granules – it is the most suitable specifically for a yellow variety.
Diseases and pests
Rhododendron Yellow Bushes Quite Resistant to Diseases and Pests. However, improper care is able to reduce the immunity of the plant, which is why diseases and other diseases are developing.
Consider the main problems in growing.
- Blossom does not occur. The reason is the lack of nutrients, the overheating of the rhizome, the low or high acidity of the Earth. Gardeners are recommended to keep the plant correctly, that is, the root system – in the shade, Krona – under the sun.
- Chlorosis. It is evidenced by the yellowed ends of the leaves, then the color is replaced by rusty, brown. This disease appears in violation of the conditions of content, for example, due to low soil acidity, a large amount of clay was added to the landing mixture. For the recovery of the flower, it is necessary to increase the level of acidity, make a fertilizer to the soil with iron chelats or ferrovite.
- Tsicada Rhododendronova. Insect, infecting kidneys and flower buds fungus. At the end of the summer, the cicada lays eggs on branches. In addition to this, transfers the fungus, which during the wintering lives on the kidneys. With the onset of spring, buds and kidneys begin to black, consequently, their development stops. Insecticide, fungicides, spraying with copper sulphalt will help in the fight against insects. The affected parts of the bush should be removed.
- Phytofluoro. Symptoms of diseases are fading foliage, yellow leaves with branches. The defeat applies to the root system – the process of rotting begins. Special antifungal drugs, copper sipop will help to get rid of the problem. In case of running – bush dig up, burn.
- Tick, trips, torment Cherver, weevil. The attack of these pests is most frequent. It is necessary to fight with them insecticide. In addition, it will be useful to be a soap solution removing insects from branches. Springs are in the foliage in the foliage, slugs that are better to collect manually.
Rhododendron leaf falling yellow grade – a long-term bush with empty branches. His dignity – in multiple blossoms for one year. Such a plant will be an excellent decoration of any garden or dacha. With proper leaving on the shrub, beautiful, and most importantly, healthy buds emitting an unusual smell.
According to the gardeners and flower growers, grow “Homebush” or “Silfides” in Russia is easy. It takes little effort. The main thing is to choose the right place to land, as well as provide the necessary conditions for full growth and further development.
On the care of rhododendron, see the following video.