Hydrangea is the type of plant that is capable of decorating with its decorativeness to decorate any territory. Many gardeners mistakenly consider red shrub whimsical and complex in cultivation.
Types and varieties
China and Japan consider birthplace. This garden representative of flora in height does not exceed 140 centimeters. The color of red hydrangea buds can be different, which depends on the composition of the soil. Inflorescences are both pink and fiery-red.
The repairful types of culture are particularly popular at the present time, as they are able to bloom not only for last year’s, but also on new shoots.
The following is a description of the main varieties of red hydrangea.
- Red Baron – this is a long-term blooming shrub. Its appreciated for high decorative qualities, as well as endurance. This curvature representative of the flora has flowers consisting of 4 petals. A feature of Red Baron is considered raspberry-pink flowers with a greenish core. Phase of flowering of this culture falls for the period from July to September. The plant prefers neutral soil, as well as a plot that is relatively protected from the sun and wind.
- Red Angel is the largest hydrangea, which is in height capable of reaching no more than 100 centimeters. Last year’s escape has a weird state, young – herbaceous. This spectacular grade is characterized by the presence of exquisite inflorescences of pink-red shades. The decoration of the plant is his black and green leaflets. Good water availability favorably affects the growth of culture in a well-lit place. Shrub prefers fertile, drained soil, but does not tolerate limestone. Hydrangea height reaches 100 centimeters, room representative – 60 centimeters.
- “Red Senseishen”. In natural conditions, the shrub is capable of growing up to 400 centimeters, but in private areas its height is not more than 100 centimeters. Spherical sideways of hydrangea can be painted white, blue or pink color. Boot diameter is usually 20 centimeters. Cultural flowers are characterized by terrain, semi-life and simplicity. Petals are often simple, but there are corrugated and gear. The phase of the bloom “Red Sensaine” begins in July and ends in August.
- Hot Red. This low large-scale hydranslate is a lush shrub with red buton. Caps with collected colors have a diameter of about 15 centimeters, they stand beautifully on the background of dark green foliage. For season 1, the plant can increase in height and width of 20 centimeters. The optimal area for the development of hydrangea is the one that has a wet soil and is protected from wind. Flowers culture luxury from June to September.
- ROYAL RED. Hydrangea is characterized by early bloom phase. Each of its flowers has a diameter of 20 centimeters. The color of buds depends on the acidity of the soil in which it grows. This variety refers to a compact, its height does not exceed 10 centimeters. Adult Plant Spherical Shape. ROYAL RED landing should be carried out on a half-directed area, which is protected from direct sunlight.
- Wim’s Red – one of the most beautiful hydrangea varieties. In adult age, the plant has a sweatshirt, a represented, thick culture. The height of the Flora Representative is able to reach 150 centimeters. During the flowering period, hydrangea pleases the presence of cone-shaped inflorescences of 0.3 meters long. Color of buds varies from white to the wine-red. In this phase Wim’s Red exudes a nice honey fragrance.
How to choose?
Before choosing Hydrangea, you need to decide on the place for its future landing. Varieties of this plant, which are available today, can be characterized by different levels of frost resistance. This factor should be taken into account and select a plant in accordance with the climatic features of the territory.
If the site is a bit of place, then the blurred red hydrangea will become the optimal option, since most of its varieties do not exceed 100 centimeters in height.
And also worth paying attention to the decorative qualities of culture, because thanks to them, the plant will be able to decorate the territory.
Choosing a place to land a hydrangea, you should not stop in the territory near the track, as fragile shrub twigs are prone to clouds. Among the varieties of this representative, the flora is impossible to allocate the best, each is beautiful in its own way. Therefore, thinking about the choice of culture, it is necessary to be guided by personal preferences and features of the plant.
General Rules for Planting and Care
Landing the Red Growing in the open soil should be carried out at the beginning of spring or in the fall. In the spring it is preferable to do it. A very important point in this procedure is the choice of place. Culture is needed sour, well moistened soil. Illumination in this case is not fundamental, as the bush grows well in the half and in the sun.
Consider the stages of plant planting.
- A hole is digging, the depth of which should be from 0.4 to 0.5 meters, and width – 0.4 meters. Provided small lesion hydrangea processes is done with smaller dimensions.
- A substrate is prepared, which should include fertile land, humus, peat. Does not hurt this mixture Adding 50 grams of mineral fertilizers. Prepared Substrate is required to leave in a hole at least half a month. In the case when the primer is fertile, it will not need to prepare it in advance.
- Planting material is installed in the center of the well, while it is not necessary to blow the root neck of the coal. Near the saplings you need to pour soil and tamper her. So the root system will be well pressed, without voids near her.
- After landing, hydrangea must be abundantly watering with water. Also recommended additional sprinkle with sawdust, bark, peat.
- When all of the above steps are completed, it is worth covering young planting from direct sunlight for a few days. Thanks to this event, you can count on rapid rooting of culture. Landing of red hydrangea can be both single and group. Gardeners should be respected between representatives of the flora equal to 100 centimeters.
It is necessary to care for the culture correctly, while it is important to regularly water and feed the plant. With good care, hydrangea will grow lush, beautiful, with large and bright inflorescences.
This variety of plants love moisture, so needs frequent irrigation. Irrigation should be abundant, each hydrangea requires from 10 to 20 liters of fluid.
When the weather is hot on the street, Irrigate Hydrangea costs every 7 days. During arid and hot days, it is recommended to increase watering to two times in 7 days. Gardening should be focused on the condition of the soil, given the speed of absorbing moisture. The optimal option for watering is considered soft water temperature water temperature. From time to time, liquid is worth adding a little permanganate potassium. The best time for irrigation is the morning and evening when there is no heat.
So that the red hydrangea grew well, developed and bloosed, it must be fed. With this purpose, you can use both organic and mineral fertilizers. It is especially important to finish the plant during the growth phase. Gardeners can use ready-made purchased complexes, which are saturated with magnesium and ferrum. A good result gives feed based on water with dissolved bird litter in proportion 1 to 10.
Gardeners do not forget about the importance of mulching, as it protects the rolling circle from excessive heating, as well as the growth of weed vegetation.
Organic mulch is harvested in advance on the basis of wood chips and peat. Mulching is made in a thin smooth layer around the bush. Late spring is considered to be the best time for the procedure when the soil warmed well.
Red hydrangea needed in pruning, which reached 3 years of age. The procedure should be carried out at the beginning of the spring until the blown of the kidneys and the coilment. Using a secateur, the gardener must cut off from each branch of the part, leaving at least 2 pairs of kidneys on it. And also stands to cut old, damaged, frostbed shoots to form a bush of beautiful shape.
Preparation for winter
Since hydrangea refers to thermo-loving plants, and she has a low winter hardiness, the plant must be protected from frost. Young representatives should be covered with fallen leaves, sawdust. Elder cultures are flexing in land, after which they are covered with rubberoid. Protecting culture from blown by the wind, it is recommended to press the observing materials by bricks.
Adult hydrangea need careful protection during the frost period. In order to preserve the culture, the bushes are associated, after which they are covered with Loutrasil. It is also recommended to build a metal frame at a distance of 0.3 meters from the Flora Representative. This construction is a guarantee of the protection of hydrangea from strong frosts. With sustainable heat in springtime, all shelters can be removed.
It’s no secret that a plant with blue, blue buds can be made from a pink hydrangea, and from red – lilac. However, no one could have done from a white blue culture. Change coloring of inflorescence contributes to the change in the acidity of the soil: on alkaline soils they are pink, and on sour – blue. Change of coloring occurs as the plants are growing up.
After planting the pink hydrangea, the blue can be seen only after a few years.
To carry out artificial coloring of culture in a blue tint, you need to bring aluminum or iron alum aluminum or iron alum into the soil. The young representative will need 5 liters, and adult – 10.
Examples in landscape design
Hydrangea Red is considered to be the leader among plants, which are used in landscape design. At the nursery or in the city square, the culture is worth landing alone. You can also use this representative of the flora as a living fence and a participant in a bright and beautiful composition.
Red hydrangea can be planted near evergreen blue firs, juniper. Along the tracks or near the shady corners of the garden, you can plant a hydrangea along with barberry and grassy perennials.
About secrets of lush flowering hydrangea look next.