To date, there are many different plants and colors that can be used for landscaping of the house area, creating a flower bed. Fans crown prefer to grow all well-known species, but professionals have long learned to decorate the territory of exotic specimens.
In this article we will talk about a flower called Astilba (Astilbe). Recently, he is extremely popular with gardeners. The color of the flower can be diverse, but we will stop on a red variety.
Astilba is a perennial herbaceous plant that refers to the camnery family. According to one information, his homeland is North America, and in others – East Asia. But be that as it may, the Astilba is found and is quite common in all parts of the world. As for Europe, then the fluffy flower was brought from Japan.
Despite its exotic, the plant is unpretentious, it is because it is in favorites from lovers of flower crops. Positive flower quality:
- can grow both in the sun and in the shade;
- does not need special soil;
- resistance to various diseases and pests;
- Beautifully and fully blooms with proper care;
- hardy and not afraid of changing weather conditions and frost.
In order to grow in its garden, this beautiful flower is just enough to purchase seeds in a specialized store. If the Astilba Red is already growing in your territory, then it is possible to increase its number by dividing the root system of the plant. Its terrestrial part in the winter deviates, and the rhizome remains in the ground and with the arrival of spring again germinates.
Red Astilba is a universal plant that can be planted in the garden, on a flowerbed. Very often, the flower becomes a rayminach and a landscape design center.
Description of varieties
For about 150 years, botany and breeders from all over Europe actively worked on the light as many varieties of this plant appear as much as possible. And today, thanks to their fruitful work, more than 30 grades of the Red Astilb are registered. There are those considered particularly popular.
- Red Sentinel (“Red Guard”). This is the so-called Japanese Astilba. It is characterized by reprehensive stems whose height can reach 60 centimeters, beautiful bright red boots. Leaves “Red Sentinel” Cirish, glossy, dark green. This variety needs to be planted exclusively in the illuminated sunshine. The flowering period begins at the end of June and lasts to the middle of August. To multiply only the division of rhizomes.
- Burgundy Red – refers to a hybrid group. Rhizome “Burgundy Red” – Powerful and branched, root system. The shape of the bush can be a pyramidal, spheroid or stray. Plant Height can reach 70 centimeters. Inflorescences Small, bright red, glossy leaves dark green. Plant needs to plant in the most illuminated place. The period of flowering lasts a maximum of 40 days and falls on July-August.
- Red Charm – Perennial Compact Plant. The height of the stem can reach 1 meter in height. Flower shiny dark green leaves, fluffy fragrant flowers pinkish-red. The variety is preferred darkened. Soil before landing “Red Charm” is desirable to help manure, peat or compost.
- VISIONS IN RED – Chinese Astilba. Considered one of the most beautiful. The height of the flower does not exceed 30 centimeters, has a bright lilac-red tint. The flowering period lasts no more than 30 days. “VIZHN IND” – a variety of temperature and frost cuts.
- Mighty Red Quin (“Mighty Red Queen”). The hybrid variety was removed relatively recently Dutch breeders. This tall plant can reach a meter. For foliage is characterized by dissected structure and dark green. Flowers “Maji Red Quin” in July or August. Buds of bright red or pink flowers. It is necessary to land on the sunny plot.
- Younique Ruby Red (“Special Ruby-Red”). Low rise plant, maximum height of stem 50 centimeters. Throughout the vegetative period, flower leaves dark green. Flowers “Unicken Ruby Red” in July or in August, it is characterized by a raspberry or bright red shade. When landing need to choose a shaded place, since the plant can burn the plant.
- Vesuvius. Extremely beautiful flower, which is famous for its saturated bright red-burgundy tint. Dark green leaves. The flowering period lasts a month and falls in mid-July. Maximum height of stem 60 centimeters. Case Length 10 centimeters. The soil in which “Vesuviy” landed, should be fresh, nutritious and fertilized mineral additives. Place you need to choose shaded so that the flower does not hit the straight sun rays.
- Granat. This is a fast-growing plant that has a powerful root system. Maximum height can reach 80 centimeters. The inflorescence “Pomegranate” has the shape of a pyramid and purple-pink color. The period of stormy flowering falls on July-August. Soil before landing should be a fertilized, and the place – shaded.
Despite the fact that Astilba is unpretentious, There are only a few rules that you need to follow.
- Be sure to prepare the soil before boarding. Based on the variety that plan to grow, you need to decide on the type of fertilizer – it may be mineral additives or organic substances.
- Consider the preferences of the Plant regarding the illumination of the place. It depends on the variety.
- Moisturize the soil so that it does not drive. Watering should be regular. During the flowering period, it is necessary to water in the morning and in the evening.
- Periodically need to loose soil and fertilize it.
- Be sure to prepare the flower to winter – the upper part is cut, but the root that remains in the ground, you need to insulate.
Watch out for the health of the flower. Carefully examine the anstic visually for the appearance of diseases and pests. If a change in appearance is noticeable, you need to immediately take measures. Flower must be treated with drugs that are sold in specialized sales points.
If you adhere to all rules for planting and leaving the plant, you can be sure that for a long time the Red Astilba will delight you with its beautiful blossom.
Further watching video with tips on how to grow, care and multiply the Red Astilb.