Primula Makhrovka is one of those plants that bloom before all the others in the spring. Yes, and its very name in Latin means “Early”. Terry primors are used for growing as indoor plants, as well as for a variety of landscape design in the garden, after all, it seems more beautifully at various flower beds in combination with other plants. We further consider the varieties of terry primulus in more detail, we will find out the nuances of their cultivation from seeds and subtlety subsequent care.
Primula Machrov belongs to the family of genrup, most of the varieties are low and at the same time beautifully mixing herbaceous plants. The plant refers to perennials, the leaves have green color, they are solid, with small wrinkles and hairs.
Flowers can be a different shade, it all depends on the variety, they have five single or collected petals collected in inflorescences. Stems thin. Primories are considered sufficiently unpretentious in cultivation and care, in addition, they have a very high adaptability to different grade conditions. Most of the varieties tolerate the Russian winter.
Many hybrid grades of primulus belong to winter hardy and can survive the temperature regime until -35 degrees.
Flowering most often comes in May or June, lasts about 35-40 days. Much depends on the place of growth and weather conditions. Repeated bloom often happens in August, and sometimes at the beginning of autumn. Plant flowers, as a rule, in diameter constitute no more than 2 cm.
To date, there is quite a large number of varieties of terry grazers. Perhaps the most beautiful of them are hybrid. Consider them in more detail.
- Very spectacular and exotic looks like a salad terry “Francesca”, In its middle there is a noticeable yellow eye. In height, this hybrid reaches no more than thirty centimeters, refers to winter-hardy varieties.
- We recommend paying attention to primula Elizabeth Killelia burgundy color with yellow eye in the middle and bright yellow bordering on each petal.
- Luxuriously looks terry Ushka Primula (Auricula) in violet color. And the Aurikula Primulus with Lilavary Cherry Flowers MAX is unlikely to leave at least one flower indifferent. Her velvet flowers even look very impressive in buds. In addition, this variety, despite its uniqueness, is beautifully winter even in the open soil.
- Lovers of bright red arrows can pay attention to the terry hybrid Crimson Glow. This introduced compared to other varieties grows quite small, only about 20 cm, its miniature terry flowers are very reminiscent of bright roses.
- Primulating an apricot-peach shade with terry leaves belongs to the variety “YUPP”. It has short fleshy leaves with a delicate light edging.
- We recommend to look at the primer Nymph, which has a gentle yellowish color with a dairy subtock, as well as to the varieties of “Primlet”, “Romio”, “Rozella” and “Paloma Mix”, which will become real decorations of any garden plot.
Acquire hybrid primors follow only in proven places and in well-proven private gardeners. Otherwise, you can not only get a hybrid, but the most common variety, but also buy a patient plant.
How to grow?
Most of the primulus – light-loving plants, however, there are also those varieties that have a greater degree of shadow areas. In any case, not to guess where to plant a plant is best to give the preference of the semolotone area, but only the one that is far from groundwater. Waters are very dangerous by the fact that they are climbing the roots of plants, as a result of which those die from rotting.
Do not put plants and under the scorching sun, otherwise, during flowering, the petals can start taking.
Very often, the primroses plant under the crown of trees or in the shadow of the Alpine slides, where they are more comfortable. As a soil for grazing, it is best to use fertile organic, in which plants come out faster than everything. Soil should be porous, with good drainage.
When growing primroses from seeds, they are beginning to sow at the end of winter – early spring. But it is worth understanding that this process is quite time-consuming and more complex, rather than growing from a young divided plant. Sow seeds in a small greenhouse or in cups. For germination they need a lot of light. Most often for additional illumination use phytolampa.
The seed planning process takes place in several stages.
- To dry out the best use of the finished store soil, in which all the necessary nutrients already have.
- In the ground seeds deepen with the toothpick, but not too deep. Before sowing seeds, it is best to moisten the soil so that in the future the seeds did not dry.
- Then the container should be covered with a breakdown or a dense film to create a greenhouse effect. Next, the container with seeds should be put in place, which will be well lit, but not under the scorching sun.
- Seeds should be regularly ventilated and moisturized with a spray gun.
- After shootings begin to grow up, and the first leaves will appear, young seedlings can be started to dive into separate containers. They will grow in them until planted in the ground.
Landing at home is a fascinating and very simple procedure even for newbies. Also, in addition to home cultivation, planting can be carried out in greenhouses, where they create certain temperatures and humidity.
- It is very important regularly, but at the same time can water the plants. It is extremely important not to allow water to.
- It is necessary to regularly remove weeds growing next to the primura, because they are pulled out of the soil the nutrients needed.
- To see well grew well, usually after watering the soil loose. Swimming is a very useful process that does not allow the formation of a crust on Earth and excessive convergence.
- During the growing season, it is recommended to feed the plant by about 2-3 times. It is best to use fertilizers with phosphorus and potassium as part. Typically, the first feeding is carried out at the beginning of the growth phase, then during flowering, and the last one at the end of the vegetative period, it usually occurs in August.
- Don’t forget about mulching. Mulch can be shop, out of sawdust or dry fallen leaves. The latter are especially recommended for grazing. Despite the fact that many varieties are winter-hardy grades, it is best to strengthen them for the winter. In addition to the leaf layer, it is desirable to use a special protective covering material.
- Put up an adult primorm usually dividing the maternal bush. Most often after 3-4 seasons after 3-4, I graduate greatly and it has to share it. If the primulus is growing in flavored, then over time it will bloom smaller flower. When transplanting the neck, the root deepen no more than 1 cm.
- If insects are found, professional insecticides should be used. Work with them follows according to the instructions and not neglected with the means of personal protection.