Ponya is used as a decorative plant for a very long time and does not lose popularity. The nuts of this tree are not only beautiful, but also benefit the body. They contain a large number of vitamins and trace elements. Even newcomers will be able to grow, because pine is unpretentious.
Italian pine grows up to 30 meters in height. Throwing a tree may be about 500 years. Needles is distinguished by saturated green, thick, but takes little space. In the form of crown resembles an umbrella. Interestingly, the bark of light brown is used even as a substrate for orchids.
The needles are growing with beams of 2 pieces, have a narrow shape and grow up to 15 cm. Needles on the touch dense, acute. Ponya is used to design gardens of bonsai and landscape design compositions. The plant refers to evergreen, but the needles can acquire a slightly gray shade.
The bumps grow in pairs, sometimes 3 pieces can be placed together. Depending on the age of Pony, they reach 8-15 cm. Cones can resemble like an egg and a ball.
Seeds ripen only 3 years after planning to the ground, in October. Until spring cones may not be disclosed.
Pinky seeds are called nuts. After their loss of the bumps can still stay on the branches. Nuts slightly elongated, in shape resemble oval. Color may vary from brown to light with dark splashes. They differ strong shells.
For rings of nuts is used nutrocol or industrial roller – remove the shell to other things will not work. Side sides of seeds have 3 faces. Ripe fetus reaches 1.5 cm, has a delicate resinous taste. Among all pine edible seeds, these are considered the largest.
High yield rate. One hectare of plants allows you to collect about 3-8 tons of nuts. Vintage can be collected every year. It is worth noting that the tree is unpretentious to the conditions and can grow on dachas in many regions.
Growing in nature
Most Italian pines on the Mediterranean coast. Archaeologists found that there the tree appeared in the early 1st century to our era. Today, Italian pines in the Caucasus and Crimea are specifically bred. Legal leaders, however, are countries like Turkey, Spain, Italy. It is Portuguese, Turks, Tunisians, “Italians and Spaniards are the most important suppliers of Nuts.
In natural conditions, the plant loves light, not afraid of drought. Can grow in any soil, even on lime and sandy. However, prefers to drink loose and fresh ground, without an overaffect of water.
Pine tolerates cold to -20 ° C and strong wind gusts. It is worth noting that needles may suffer into severe frosts.
Ponyan meets in the territory of the Canary Islands. In natural conditions, Italian pine is periodically thrown out needles. The land around the tree is covered with them and does not move, she loses less moisture in the sun. In the gardening conditions, the needle has to be cut independently – it stimulates the growth of fresh crowns.
How to plant?
Seeds it is better to sow not immediately into the open soil, but in the boxes. Containers must have drainage holes for water drain. In a clean box, it is necessary to float the loose ground with peat. Seed seeds should be on a small depth, with a distance of each other.
Espaces are particularly susceptible to pests and diseases. Worth stocking large number of seedlings, because only the highest quality will survive. Containers with seeds are recommended to take out to the street, under the open sun. We must not forget about watering, especially strict regularity should be followed during drought periods.
Shoots need to be pouring regularly and make fertilizer soil. After half a year, the stems will grow to 7-10 cm. Winter drinking should in the same containers. Purchasing pines in greenhouses do not need sprouts to get used to various weather conditions.
In the spring there comes time to replant with drinking in open soil, but not yet permanently. Roots of the Plants should remain as follows after the procedure, otherwise it will die. There should be about 10-20 cm space between sprouts. Wells should be shallow, like in boxes.
Around Pony it is recommended to pour sawdust or straw so that the weed grass has not grown.
The latter can completely stop the growth of the tree. It is necessary to pour and water often, but to make fertilizer in the ground – if necessary. So actively follow the piniy you need only for the first couple of years.
On the third year of the life of Peniva grows up to half a meter, then the young tree can be transferred to a permanent place. Unpretentiousness of Pony allows you to use it on any plot. Caring for an adult plant is simple, so hassle does not deliver.
Penoid refers to undemanding plants. With minor efforts you can enjoy the beauty and aroma of Italian pine for many years. Features of care are the following.
- Tarrowing the tree is necessary every 5 years. Roots grow strongly, so each time I can require more space. If the decorative tree grows not in the open soil, then the pot should choose so that the root system is placed free.
- For the period of frosts, the young tree needs to be neglected. Over time, such a need disappears.
- Active feeding is required in summer. Fertilizers in the ground are made 2-3 times for the whole season, about once a month. Organic fertilizers are better not to use, as Penoid does not like fat soil. Specialists recommend purchasing mineral compositions for pines.
- Soil for chubs need to mix with sand.
- Young pines should be watered rarely, in winter, the earth must be almost dry.
- When growing in a personnel, it is at least for the summer to endure a tree on fresh air. Tesne does not affect the intensity of growth, you can not worry about it. In winter, the tree should be in the coolness, growth slows down.
- In personmes you can form a crown shape with wire. You can bend branches that are less than 3 years.
Diseases and pests
Italian pine may be ill because of brought soil. Sometimes the landing material is already infected. Pests more like to eat weakened, narrow plants. Pathogenic pathogens can fall on trees together with wind, rain, birds and insects. In some cases, even people can bring a disease from the park or forest.
Italian pine juices can drink Coccides, bugs, web and gallic ticks, hoarse and cycards. Sometimes such pests may cause wood death. Consider the symptoms of attacks of sucking pests.
- Under the defeat of the chirmers (a variety of tri), the needles become blond and shortened. Under the white raid, eggs and adults of pests hide. Sightly on sticky leaps of juice appear. Treat pinium need system insecticides. Preparations make juice temporarily poisonous for insects.
- Conifer Chervests lead to yellowed needles. Branches are covered with small light insects, sometimes it seems that the plant was covered with. For treatment, there is a spraying of tobacco with 5 times with an interval of 7 days. System Insecticides can be used with severe defeat.
- Pine flames and larvae of pine lashes lead to drying and falling on needles. Get rid of the pest extremely difficult. First, the trees are tied with straw or burlap belts. A blunt knife or old brush can be considered a small amount of insects. Spraying insecticidal preparations are produced with a serious lesion to the dissolution of the kidneys.
- Pine subcortical tick leads to cracking of the bark, the branches turn yellow and dry. It is necessary to bury with a glue belt. In the fall and at the beginning of the spring is performed by insecticide. It should be attracted to the rescue of red ants, the food, dyatlov – they eat this type of pest.
Some insects destroy Coura drink. Visually you can notice bold holes.
With the appearance of symptoms, it is necessary to immediately begin the treatment with infusion and heralds of insecticidal plants. Usually pests quickly leave the tree.
In the late spring and at the beginning of the summer, a shishk smile can break the cones and live in them. Beetle boards can reduce yields by 2 times. A small tree can be highlighted in the evening with a flashlight or spotlight, the shaky of pests and collect them on pre-plastic polyethylene or canvas. We will have to tinker with big pines, collecting all beetles.
Diseases may affect drink no less than pests. Usually they are non-infectious caused by bad living conditions. The reason can be too strong blindness when landing. Needles can shuffle with a lack of nutrients. Strong frosts harm young drinking, and snow can cause donoma branches.
An adult tree has reliable immunity against infections, but it decreases during aging or with a long stay in improper conditions. Fungal diseases are developing much more often due to too dense landing, excess moisture.
Symptoms and methods of disease struggle.
- Rust leads to orange bubbles with disputes. Intermediate owner of the disease – gooseberry and currant. Such plants should not adjacent to Pinia. Copper-containing drugs are used for treatment.
- Young trees can get pine spindle. The bloating of the golden shade appear. For treatment used immunostimulants and microfertilizers. Favoring needles need to burn. Helps spraying or injections by system fungicides.
- Scleroderriasis manifests itself in the outer kidney. Escape is amazed, and soon the whole branch. The disease can only develop with elevated moisture. As prevention, the whole season needs to trim dead twigs.
- Schute is striking plants by age up to 8 years as soon as the snow comes. The affected needles become dark red with black dots. With mass distribution leads to death. Be sure to remove the fallen needles – they become a spreader of fungal disease. In May and by the end of the summer, you need to process seedlings with copper-containing drugs and fungicides.
Examples in landscape design
Decorative Italian pine looks really amazing in combination with many other plants.
- The tree is still young and perfectly feels away from other plants. A little moss near will allow pre-fulfilling moisture.
- Adult tree perfectly combined with deciduous neighbors.
- Several kicks look particularly effectively. Magnificent and dark crown harmonizes with a brown greens.
- The combination of Italian pine with the SIZY low-voltage plants looks particularly effectively. The bright color of the needles is profitably highlighted on a general background.
- Crown shape formed with wire. Pinium in this form looks as decorative as possible.
How to grow drinking from seeds, look next.