Balkan Pine, it is also called Rumelian, was first discovered by the German botanist and the author of numerous works on geography and systematization of plants by Augustus Griesbach. The evergreen tree of this species is characterized by a large height, a slim beautiful crown of a pyramidal form. It is often used in the landscape design of parks, squares and private gardens.
Rumelian Pine Trade Place – Mountain Region of the Balkan Peninsula.
At home, you can grow a tree with a height of up to 20-25 m, because in the year it adds in growth up to 30 cm.
In natural conditions, it reaches 40 m and approximately 200 years. Pine Rumelian possesses external features.
- The tree has a dense thick crown in the form of a bow in young plants, an umbrella form is characteristic of adult pines.
- The lower branches begin almost near the ground at the bottom of the trunk. As a rule, these are thick naked bumps located horizontally. In the top of the pyramid crown, shoots grow up. The branches in the middle of the barrel begin their growth horizontally, but later also seek to grow vertically.
- Young pines brown or gray-brown smooth bark, unlike a reddish lamellar coated with tubercles in old trees.
- Havinki tough, grayish-green, 3-face-shaped, at the ends are pointed, grown with beams.
- Annually, the plant increases wide 10-15 cm wide.
- Blooming the tree may already have 10 or 2 years later. Flowers of the Plants are agricultural kidneys in the shape of an egg.
- The length of cones with short cuttings is 8-18 cm, width – 4 cm. They ripen 18 months after pollination and have brown. Grow 1-4 pieces. Seedy size – 5-7 cm.
Sometimes the plant as it can take the type of column. It is known that in a natural environment there are multi-pines that can be perceived as a shrub, only too big.
The thing is that the seeds of the Balkan pine are good to come true, they have an incredibly high germination: 70-90%.
Coniferous culture is distinguished by unpretentious, drought-resistant and tolerates the presence of a small shade. The tree is adapted to the conditions of the city, is considered a park decorative plant and is grown for landscaping in many countries. The main purpose is single and group landings. In the middle lane of Russia, the plant feels quite comfortable, is not afraid of low temperatures, with the exception of winter periods with strong frosts.
Macedonian pine grows on any soils, including stony. But it is better to choose a sunny place for it in areas with moderately fertile land, well-drained, low alkali and increased acidity.
For planting acquire seedlings with an earthy room directly in containers. On the territory of the country house, it is better to plant one tree or several seedlings in different places so that they do not shade each other. If you need to put 2 trees near, between them retain the distance of 4 m. At a permanent place, adult plants can be planted all autumn and winter, and container pines plant in spring. Agricultural works are carried out in a certain order.
- Prepare a substrate for a seedling: they add turfs, sand and a little gravel in the black mill. If there is a need to optimize the composition, you can mix lime and clay into the ground.
- The landing pit has a depth of about 1 meter, it should be 1.5 times the size of the earth coma.
- Drainage layer of rubble and gravel with a thickness of 20 cm are placed on the bottom of the RVA.
- In the soil it is necessary to make some organic, compost and fertilizer – “Superphosphate” (150 g).
- On top it is placed soil at 2/3 of the volume of the wells and is abundantly watering with water.
After 2 weeks you can land a seedling:
- Before boarding, part of the earth is taken out of the pit;
- Pine is lowered in the center, painting the roots and following the root neck of the plant on one line with the surface of the soil;
- After that, holding the seedling, carefully be satisfied with the soil, and, slightly tampering, make a side;
- watering the rolling circle, it is necessary to wait until water is absorbed;
- After that, the earth is covered with a mulch layer of 5 cm and more.
Other plants reluctantly grow close to the Balkan Pine, however, it is possible to plant such berry shrubs as a gooseberry and currants – they will definitely fit.
Many consider the plant unpretentious in the content, but all the agricultural processes associated with concern about Rougelian pine should occur in a timely manner. Curply care includes several important items.
Especially it is important for planted plants and should be regular to prevent the heat drying, otherwise the root system will be formed slowly, and therefore the plant will grow not as fast as it would like.
Tree, unlike other coniferous breeds, moisthed, so it will be necessary to water it in the future, but not so often.
Adult pines irrigate once a month in spring in the absence of rains, and in hot time – 2 times in 30 days. Even in the fall, you can not forget about the humidification of the soil of the priority circle.
Young, recently planted plants, mulch in the ground space under them pouring constantly. It is necessary to protect the pine from the pests insect. Such work is carried out on the eve of winter, because, despite the winter hardiness, young pines are susceptible to the negative effects of the Sun and cold.
The mulch is usually used with a napkin, but the dark agrofiber or burlap is also suitable.
Other materials – shells, granite and marble crumb, sawdust, chips, any wood waste. But first of all it is a pine bark, prophylactically processed from any diseases and harmful insects. All these types of mulch will protect the young pine and at the same time, naturally and organically look at the private house.
This is a mandatory action for seedlings, which is carried out during the year after planting young plants, and also captures half the next season. After the full formation of the roots can be done only by mulching.
This is an important point in the cultivation of evergreen tree. Feeding needed so that pines have a beautiful and thick crown. In the spring, complex mineral compositions are used for coniferous rocks containing high nitrogen concentration.
Soil looser, add 150-200 g by 1 kV surplus to it. m and nitrogen in the amount of 40 g, after which itching.
In October, the tree needs fertilizer with funds including potassium and phosphorus. Such drugs like “Zircon” and “Epin” are needed if the soil is chosen for landing in its composition: they help to stimulate the growth and development of the plant, support and restore the viability of weak pines.
Procedure Provides 2 types of work.
- Required elimination of patients, dry and damaged branches, which is carried out throughout the period from spring to late autumn.
- Creating a more attractive and dense pyramidal crown, for which trimming is carried out a year after disembodies. You can only delete 1/3 of a part or half of the increase so that the rest remains enough chewing.
Capture young shoots are recommended in the spring after the cessation of reinforced growth, when the needles have not disappeared from the branches.
In disinfection, there is no need – it is not necessary to smell the cut plots, since the tree will cure himself independently, singling the resinous substances.
Preventive treatment of diseases and pests
Balkan pine is rarely ill, but it is better to protect it from unexpected diseases and parasites.
In order to prevent, the tree can be processed by any means with copper content.
And also you can not forget about the removal of amazed branches. I need to clean the fallen needle. With regard to insects, you can act using special biological preparations that will not harm the pine, but scared pests.
How to multiply?
The plant is not silent, it can be multiplied by seeds only, but, unfortunately, only a small percentage of seedlings can inherit the genome of this Macedonian pine. Since plant seeds have amazing vitality, in any case, you can grow a beautiful tree, but not the fact that it will be the desired view.
A similar method is available to each gardener, and sowing is quite simple, of course, without passing stratification – quenching future shoots.
The procedure is carried out for 3 months, during which seeds are under artificial cold conditions at temperatures from -2 to -7 °.
Balkan pine is not only beautiful, but also useful because it cleans the airspace around itself. Those who take care of her, she gives shadow, freshness, cooling on a hot day and healing esters of their resin that protects from diseases.
About Roumelian pine look next.