Increasingly, natural wood is used in the production of modern furniture. It is characterized by high strength, durability and emphasizes the natural structure of the drawing. The main wood that many manufacturers choose are birch and pine. In this article, consider the main differences between the types of trees and what can be made of them.
That is stronger?
Products made of natural wood are considered the most durable, therefore always enjoy great popularity. But sometimes consumers have questions about what material is the most solid, strong and durable. Most of the products are made from natural birch and pine.
The main differences between birch and pine are different strength and resistance to deformation.
- Pine is a softer and fuel. Due to its small density it is low weight. However, it is not inferior to other representatives of coniferous and hardwood of trees.
- Birch is characterized by a solid structure of the structure of the trunk. It is much stronger than pine arrays. Has a high density and a fairly decent billet weight.
Due to its strength, birch boards are used in the manufacture of furniture, which is often susceptible to high loads. Such furniture include kitchen and desktops and chairs, beds, various storage cabinets for heavy items.
Pine boards are used mainly in the manufacture of kitchen headcases, shelves for storing small things.
What is easier to process?
Each wood before becoming a product is subject to a certain processing. From the density of the structure of the lumber directly depends on the processing costs.
- The most common sawn timber, which occupies one of the first places is pine. This is due to the fact that pine has a soft structure that is easier to give in to any processing. Due to the average density of pine, it has a small weight, which allows without difficulty to produce loading and transportation of blanks. The soft structure allows you to change the saws, as they rarely break or blown out.
Significantly reduced energy costs, it is possible to produce a huge amount of finished lumber for one work shift.
- Birch is heavier to handle. Dense structure and sufficiently heavy weight of blanks affects additional load on equipment. Workers have to change or sharpen saws. This increases the time for the processing of one billet, which in turn reduces the overall production of finished products for one shift.
Increased energy consumption.
Comparison of other properties
Before deciding on the choice of lumber, you need to compare other properties and understand what is the essential difference between the rocks of the trees. The main criteria are the price and durability.
- For many important criteria is the price of finished products. The higher the price for the source material, the more expensive products. The cost is made up of various factors. Birch is a more common tree, respectively, the price of the billets is much cheaper than the coniferous representative. However, pine is easier to process, and it reduces production costs. As numerous studies and comparisons show, on average, the price of finished sawn timber is approximately the same, so you can choose any wood for your needs.
- Another major properties when choosing wood is the ability to resist the negative impact of the environment. Often, finished products are influenced by high humidity and infection with fungus. Accordingly, the wood is inevitably rotting and loses its properties. Best of all the coniferous breeds of trees are coping with this task. They can be stored in any open and indoor rooms. Slowly exposed to the process of rotting. Birch blanks require more careful storage, as moisture is afraid. If dry conditions are dominated at the storage site, then the appearance of various cracks and infection of malicious insects is not excluded.
What to choose what is better?
Despite its advantages and disadvantages, birch and pine are considered excellent wood breeds for the production of any products from wood, especially for furniture.
Birch wood often produce furniture for children’s rooms, bedrooms and living rooms. In these places the least wet air. Sometimes kitchen headsets are created from the birch massif. But in this case, it is necessary to competently approach furniture to eliminate the frequent moisture ingress on the open surfaces of the wood. Especially well birch array is suitable for creating a dining table and massive chairs to it. Wide boards can show the entire rich structure structure.
Massif Pine is often used in the production of furniture for country houses and cottages. Such products are perfectly combined with the design of the room, when the walls are made in the form of a solid log. In addition, the pine array is used in the production of kitchen headset, as not afraid of high moisture. But due to the soft structure of the tree, the finished products are often susceptible to scratches, so it is not recommended to install furniture from pine in children’s rooms.
Undoubtedly, every type of wood is an excellent option to create unique interior elements. Quality structure and durability provides long service life.
Choosing arrays from pine and birch, you can provide yourself with reliable furniture for a long time, emphasize the rich appearance of the design of the premises.