Cedar Pine – a unique plant that decorates forests and landscapes of our country and other territories. It has useful for ecology and healing properties. Externally, it is a powerful, luxurious plant, state, high. His wood, needles, nuts are valued very high. Many called cedar pine cedar, but between them there are fundamental differences.
Informal group of cedar pines combines several varieties of trees. In our country, the most common is the Siberian Pine. Siberian cedar pine is considered a symbolic plant for Russia, it is impossible not to admire its beauty and healing properties. This tree perfectly feels in any frost. This coniferous plant is amazing organically. In height, it quietly grows up to 35 meters, and in the girth – from one and a half to two. Pine is growing inappropriate, but lives long. On average, the duration of active healthy existence of pine is about 400 years. There are specimens that live to 800-900 years. Pine needles highlights the air a huge number of phytoncides, so breathing in such a terrain is useful for health.
The air in the pine forest of any variety has the following properties:
- Powerful confrontation of viruses;
- It perfectly affects not only the health of the body, but also on the state of the nervous system, soothing it.
Use pine cedar for cinggi treatment, neurosis, strengthening the immune system. Pine has a wound healing effect, wood is actively fighting with bacteria. As for the fruits of nuts, then, in addition to exquisite taste, they are extremely nutritious and healthy health.
Looks like a cedar pine effectively. Description of its appearance and properties:
- branches grow compact and tight, forming an elegant crown;
- The needles are narrow and firm to the touch;
- The needle length is up to 13 cm, has magnificent medical properties, full of minerals, vitamins;
- The needles have a dark green shade, with a sizis insertion, to the touch soft;
- The needles is formed by beams;
- bumps thickened;
- straight line type, gray-brown color;
- root system powerful;
- rod-type root with side branches;
- The growing season is short – up to one and a half months;
- This is a single-diversion room of a separation view, the cones of both sexes are located on the same tree;
- pollinated by wind;
- kidneys have a cone form, up to 10 mm long;
- Blossom and pollination occurs in June;
- The bumps are big, I have an egg shape, at first they have a purple shade, then brownish;
- The width of the cones from 5 to 8 cm, length – up to 13 cm, with dense scales;
- They begin to be froning the bumps of years after 60, not earlier;
- cones ripening lasts up to 15 months, after which they fall independently;
- blooms and plentifully seeds of the tree every 3-10 years;
- In the cones are on average from 30 to 150 nuts, mass 100 pieces – 25 g.
Pine cedar pine (mostly Korean and Siberian varieties) in the natural environment of Russia in different parts of the Siberian district, in Primorye, Khabarovsk Territory. Great to all latitudes with temperate climates, so cedar pine is actively growing gardeners of different regions. Successfully bred pines in the Moscow region, central regions of the country, in the Leningrad region, in Altai and the Urals. This tree grows even in the Polar.
If the plant falls on the soil with good fertility, it is actively fed, cultivated, then the fruiting begins much earlier, about 3 times. For example, in the nature of pine does not be fruiting before 40 years, with intensity once in 7 years. In the conditions of cultivation in the gardens, this happens after 15 years with intensity once every 2.5 years. Cedar stabery grows in Primorsky Krai, on Sakhalin, Siberia, Mongolia. European pine is regionally distributed in the south of France, in the Alps, Switzerland, Carpathians.
Comparison with cedom
Cedar and cedar pine are often confused, despite all the differences. First of all, three types of Cedrus (cedars) are growing in a natural environment: Atlas, Lebanese and Himalayan. Both of these trees are high, large and belong to evergreen. But cedar grows in the subtropical climate.
The main difference with Pine – Cedar will not be able to grow in the middle lane. Wood cedar more valuable. Pinus (cedar pine) belongs to the family of pine, and not cedar. Outwardly, it differs from the cedar with the formation of the needles – beam, in every beam 5 needles. Cedar’s needle is formed otherwise – bundles are denser, not less than 30 needles.
Review of species and varieties
In Nature of Russia, the Siberian type of cedar pine is distributed. There are some more kinds of cedar pine in the natural nature:
- SLATE – more reminiscent of a tree shrub with a mashing crown.
Korean view of Pinus Koraiensis is also called Manchurian, Far Eastern. This conifer reaches a height of up to 50 meters, a diameter of up to 2 meters. Very resistant to winds, loves light and fertile soil types. Waters for them is a problem, affects the development of negative. Varieties and varieties of Korean several. We list the most common.
This species grows up to 40 m, has a green cheemy with a SIZ. Bark of good density of openwork type. Fruption begins approximately 15 years. Good lucky in the urban environment with her unclean air. Often used to decorate parks and squares.
It refers to decorative varieties. Has a crown of the type of pyramid, the needles long curved. Color Needles Blue with Silver Tam. Already at 10 years old tree reaches a height of 2.5 meters and 1.2 meters in diameter. Perfectly tolerate cold, but requires the fertility of the soil, stagnation of water leads to damage and disease. In the late 70s, this variety was highlighted in a separate, up to this period it was combined with glaucy.
Validated by Pennsylvanian breeders belongs to the frost-resistant. It has a bark of a tight type, Blue cheeu with silver tint. Gries up to 20 cm per year, the maximum height is 350 cm, the diameter of the crown to 1.8 m. In cities, it grows inactive, whitewally to the purity of air and the sun, stagnation of water tolerates badly. Maximum life expectancy 120 years.
European Cedar Pine in Russia is most often represented by a variety of Pinus Cembra Glauca Compacta (“Glauca Compact”). Delivered this variety in the Netherlands.
This is a dwarf pine of a slow-growing type with a bunny shade cheese. Great grows in urban environments, in the natural environment it can be seen in the mountainous area not lower than 1,300 meters above sea level. Glauca grows up to a maximum of 2.5 meters, diameter about 1 meter. Lives for a very long time – up to 1000 years.
Cedar pine can be planted by cultivation of seeds. Three months are given to stratification, the seeds are disinfecting with diluted manganese. This guarantees greater stability of the future seedling to disease. The second way is to plant a seedling, it is more comfortable. Best to plant a five-year graft sapling. The maximum height of it should be 1 meter, the diameter of the barrel to 2 cm. Pine seedliness vulnerability is large, so the landing requires accuracy.
Purchase a seedling with a large earthen room or in a container, their root system is very quickly overwhelmed. Pine sizes in spring, pre-picked up the optimal place:
- It should be well lit, with age, the tree increasingly needs sunlight;
- Areas with high gaspace are not suitable for many varieties and types of pine;
- If the soil is clay, drainage is needed;
- Lime will reduce acidity.
- It is necessary to ensure weeding the territory;
- Form the pit, focusing on the size of the earth’s coma from the roots, it must be 2 times deeper;
- Place drainage (rubbank, plugs, cleaners of ceramics);
- Place the village in the pit, enter the soil with peat or humus;
- rhizomes should be carefully unraveling before boarding;
- Moisturize the soil after disembarkation should be abundantly, it will take about 5 liters of water;
- It will take a stake to which you can bind a sapling;
- There can be less than 6 meters between cedar pins.
Tips for care
Accelerate the growth of pine in the garden plot, by providing her good feeding and proper care. You need to care for wood, conducting all standard procedures:
Feeding must be carried out by organic means, for example, a divorced cow. In the autumn period, it is good to fade a plant with minerals. Well stimulates the growth of the tree planted near Lupine.
Moisturization should only be done as needed. In summer, more often, in all other seasons, the level of soil aridity is predetermined. Excessive moisturizing adversely affects the development of pine, the root system begins to rotate. Loosening is carried out as neat as possible, as the roots are close. Another mandatory process – mulching, so the soil will be more air-permeable and moisture. You can use chevy, humus, sawdust.
The formation of the crown is very important for beautiful pine growth. Garden form of plants has a spreaded view of several peaks. The first decade is cut off the lower branches of no more than 2.5 meters from the ground.
Scrolls need to be treated with garden borants. Any trimming is carried out in winter and early period.
Methods of reproduction of this plant Severe two:
- Vegetative – when the stalk is given;
- seed, i.e.ut of cones.
Seed method is the most exciting and common. The main thing is that the nuts are varietal, high-quality. If you decide to use ordinary nuts from purchased cones as seeds, it is necessary to increase the amount of planting material, as it is not known how much of them will go.
Sourney pine in the middle of spring – before May. Stratification, that is, cooling is compulsory,. This process perfectly stimulates the embryos for growth. Without this event, the seeds will go up at best in a year, if not subjected to rotting. After that, the seeds should be poured with water with a temperature of about + 45 ° C and maintain it for three days. Next nuts are connected with wet sand or peat crumbs in a ratio of 1 to 3. Moisture should not be too much – this is an important point, whom must form in hand and keep the form.
The mixture is introduced into the tank of plywood with holes, the height of the layer is not more than 20 cm. In the holes there should be air access, so the container at the height in the cold room is not more than + 6 ° C. Twice a month this mixture must be mixed and water. Minus temperature is unacceptable. After the sprouts will be processed, they are planted into open ground and protect against birds, weather immersion or rods. A month later, they can be removed, the forming seedlings are already quite strong for independent growth.
Diseases and pests
Most often, the disease of this tree has fungal cause. Young trees can be infected with soil species of fungi and die. Mushrooms can cause tracheosicose withering when the roots are raging, nutrients stop acting through the vessels in the barrel. Treatment of fungal diseases complex, most often unpromising. Here, indeed, the real means is prevention:
- high-quality planting material;
- Timely treatment of fungicides, preparations with copper content.
If the needles are amazed, it must be removed from the site. If the disease is at the initial stage, you can try injections in the barrel. However, there is no guarantee that you correctly identified the stage of illness. The diagnosis in the early stages is very complex.
Serious disease that causes the insect Hermes, very often occurs at pine. Determine it will help the white bloom on the needle. It is necessary to process the tree insecticides or the method of hot / cold fog, but here it will be necessary to implement the technique, it is difficult for this procedure.
Often amazing pine busty rust. Symptoms:
- curvature of the trunk;
- eliminating tops;
- Disclosure and drying of cones.
This disease can twider a huge amount of young, so preventive measures in the form of processing fungicides should be permanent.
Usage in landscape design
Plant is very beautiful, It is often used in landscape design:
- Cedar pine effectively looks in the neighborhood with different coniferous trees;
- Surrounded by lawn and flower beds, pine may be a central figure composition;
- Even in proud loneliness, this tree looks luxurious and monumental;
- The cedar staber due to its shortness successfully will fit into any concept;
- A varietal variety of cedar pines allows you to choose an instance suitable for climate and landscape;
- Korean pine pines – very fluffy and elegant, decorate the garden plot with their beauty.
About cedar pines See next video.