Floxes were bred in the US and immediately gained enormous popularity. They hit our country in the XIX century and today are among the most sought-after and favorite garden flowers. Flox is translated as “Flame”, it is explained by the fact that the first flowers of this species were brightly. Modern breeding achieved the removal of a huge amount of varieties of different shades – from snow-white to pale pink, from gently purple to juicy-raspberry. And also very popular phloxes of blue, lilac tones.
In the palette, there is not enough yellow. One of the popular techniques in landscape design – create compositions from different varieties of phloxes. In addition to the monophonic, in the variety of species there are motley, spotted varieties whose characteristic feature is a pyramidal silhouette of colors. One of the most beloved varieties in our country is Phlox “Natasha”.
A bit of history
The origin of this variety has a very interesting story. In 1967, the USSR Academy of Sciences included in his collection of phlox “Pestrushka”. This name has not been fixed behind the flower, Spotted plant in 1984 was presented under the name “Sonata”. In Belarus, this variety knew under the first name. The breeder from the Netherlands, who saw him in the Belarusian exhibition, literally fell in love with the flower and took with him some number of copies.
It was the Dutchman who registered the plant under the name of Natasha, so called the curator who passed the flower.
This variety is a perennial, whose height reaches 70 cm. The diameter of the bush varies from 40 to 50 cm. Root system Powerful, vertical type stems are quite strong. Flowering size about 2 cm, color is attractive and nontrivial – snow-white background and small struts of raspberry-lilac tone in the center. The inflorescence has an elongated form of oval and cone. Foliage differs from typical phlox, not very big, narrow, short.
Blooms “Natasha” at the beginning of summer, blows away only by autumn. This grade does not apply to the scattering, but by spotted varieties of phloxes. Among the advantages of this type of phlox, the following is distinguished:
- Early blooms, too late, decorates the landscape throughout the summer;
- It grows well in a half;
- growing actively, especially on wet soil;
- resistant to moisture;
- perfectly tolerate cold;
- easily multiplied;
- unpretentious in care;
- Magnificent fragrance.
Flowers grow beautifully in the shade of trees and next to any reservoirs.
Domestic grade has significant advantages over industrial overseas, which are suitable for planting large areas. Sort “Natasha” stands out to a nontrivial view, beautiful blossom, exclusivity. This is not a mass production, but a unique. Flowering is distinguished by enchanting luxury, violence, originality of forms and colors. Among the disadvantages, only relatively small inflorescences can be distinguished, so it is better not to plant close to large plants.
This plant grows perfectly in the sun, but the flowers can burn and lose their brightness in the right rays. Selecting the place for Flox “Natasha”, it should be preferred by half. Drafts are destructive for this plant, if not to protect it, then inflorescences will lose a spectacular appearance. Floxes love nutritious soil, loose, high-quality moisturized.
You can plant “Natasha” in the loam, soup is the best choice. Well will develop a plant in the soil of a weakness, neutral type. But the alkaline environment is destructive for flowers.
To give the soil of fertility, the planting of white mustard or other sites is recommended.
Leaving activities are not too complicated, it is enough to provide regular:
- Getting rid of weeds;
Equally harmful to plants as an excess and lack of feeding. In the first case, the stems begin to crack, bloom becomes loose. In the second situation, the period of flowering becomes shorter, inflorescences decrease, color pale.
Start to care for the perennial need in the spring, at the beginning of the vegetation. Regular watering and cutting prevention are very important at this stage. After watering the soil loose, it is necessary to remove the weed plants in a timely manner, otherwise the Natasha will not allow nutrition.
Propagate this plant will not be difficult. You can use both the seed method and the shilling, and the division of the bush.
- spend in spring or autumn;
- The second period is more favorable, in the first – material for planting more;
- For the next year of the plant, the plant is already abundant bloom;
- You should dig a born bush, and carefully divide the rhizome to large parts;
- Then the seedlings are seated in the prepared place;
- Do not divide Phlox until it is 3 years old, the optimal age is 5-6 years.
- held throughout the season;
- You can choose any inflorescence;
- The cutting is cut and left for some time in water;
- Save the cuttings in the half, in loose and moistened soil;
- should not be used for shilling weak, unhealthy flowers;
- If we reproduce in the first month of summer, the stem is cut, if the top is the upper part;
- follow sections to hold in water before landing.
Diseases and pests
Despite the fact that perennials are of good immunity, they are subject to different ahns, and at the first stages of the disease can be completely unnoticed. Thus, The death of the plant often impresses sudden.
Specialists recommend inspection of the plant approximately 2-3 times a month. Floxes are most often ill because of adverse growing conditions.
We list the most common inconsistencies.
- Rust – manifests brown spottedness on a sheet, has fungal nature. Preventive Events – Spraying Copper Casual.
- Pepperliness – viral disease that is manifested by turnchers of light tone on petals. It is treated very hard, so prevention is needed – spraying against insects, contaminants, and removal of patient plants.
- Jaundice – fungal disease, manifested by lack of flowering, instead of which the formation of a terry type appear. Treatment does not give in, you need to immediately destroy the plant.
- Puffy dew – Another fungal disease in which sheets are twisted, dry, stalks weaken, covered with dots, stains. It is necessary to remove the affected foliage, and spray plants with a soda solution for prophylaxis.
- Nematode – the most dangerous pest, externally worm-shaped, sucking juice. Complete spraying with special chemicals will help to get rid of them.
About the features of Floxes of the Natasha variety you will learn further.