- Types and varieties
- “Goose foot”
- Landing and care
- Consider the climate and choose a place
- How to plant?
- As winter?
- Diseases and pests
- Possible problems
- Methods of breeding
- Division bush
- Usage in landscape design
Phackle today is actively used in the design of the landscape design of summer cottages and urban areas. It looks beautifully, non-addicted to care and wonderful combined with many garden plants. In this article, you will learn all about the laptice: its description, popular varieties, as well as subtleties of landing and care for this unusual plant.
Phackle is one of the varieties of grassy plants of the family of pink. Most often it can be found in the northern hemisphere in areas with temperate climate.
To date, more than 300 varieties of the laptop are known, but about 60-70 species and varieties are actively used in gardening. Thanks to numerous breeding research, gardeners managed to invent both annual and long-term laptop options.
It should be said that at least 150 varieties of the hospital growing in Russia today.
The appearance of these plants is very varied depending on a certain variety.
- Stems of direct or crawling type with characteristic nodes on the stems, which are formed with a tight contact with the soil the root system.
- The shape of the leaves, depending on the variety and varieties of the plant, can be both a threefall, pincher and finish. In addition, the hospital can often find hiking.
- Tint of the inflorescence of classical laptop – lemon yellow, but there are varieties with pink, white, red and orange shades of inflorescence.
- Flowers are usually located on the bush of the laptice single, however, may form full-fledged inflorescences of 5-6 flowers. The number of flowers on 1 bush of the laptop varies depending on the age and grade of the plant – from 10 to 80 or more colors. Color shape round or sword-shaped.
- The period of flowering of these plants, depending on the variety lasts from May to August, within 55-60 days. In the first year after disembarking on a new place, the Phackle usually does not bloom.
- The height of the hospital varies very much depending on its type. So, there are varieties with a maximum height of 25 and up to 90 cm. Relative to the structure of the crown of the laptop can be both scattered and grow straight into the height.
Types and varieties
As already mentioned, more than 300 varieties of such a plant are known today as a palm. In this point, names and brief descriptions of the brightest of them will be considered.
This laptop is a perennial low-speed plant with a small height (up to 25 cm). Its characteristic feature is large white flowers up to 2.5 cm in diameter. Such a laptop blooms from May to August and is able to transfer even severe frost to -30 degrees Celsius.
This nepochtka also refers to low-level plants (up to 20 cm in height). Characteristic difference – bright yellow leaves and creeping the structure of the stems, thanks to which this lapping can grow to 2 meters in diameter. The flowering period is similar to the white view blossom, the frost resistance is the same high.
Motherland of this unusual variety of hospitals are Himalayas. There this plant with bloody-red leaves can grow up to 90 cm in height. Flowers of plants differ in diameter up to 3 cm.
The shape of the leaves in the plant is inversely actual with characteristic tarts on the edges (can resemble strawberry leaves).
A characteristic feature of this type – habitat at a height of several thousand meters in a natural environment. These are perennial plants with a height of up to 30 cm and the average flower diameter of 1.5-2 cm. Self-pink flowers of this variety rarely form massive inflorescences and are evenly distributed across the plant.
Popular variety in modern Russia. Differs in large yellow flowers in massive inflorescences, as well as high up to 1.2 meters. Unlike other varieties, this blooms from July to October. This plant also has a second name – Kuril tea.
Today, many gardeners are more inclined to landing with mixtures from different varieties of hospitals than to disembodies some specific species. This allows you to refresh the landscape design using several shades at once. The most popular mixture of seeds for such a landing – “Summer Motive”.
Landing and care
Despite the fact that the Phachka refers to non-additive plants from the point of view of landing and further care, for some points during these processes should still be paid attention to.
Consider the climate and choose a place
Almost all varieties of garden hospitals are very tolerant even to the most aggressive weather conditions, and therefore it can be planted even in the northern regions of the country.
The main nuance here is that the timing of planting seeds or cutting cuttings is slightly shifted towards the most warm season.
The hospital does not apply to the pickly plants when it comes to the choice of the Earth for its landing. It can be perfectly traced in any types of soil, but most likely loves neutral, weakness and fertile soil. An important role is played by the air and water permeability of the soil – they can also affect the flowering plants.
Tips for choosing a place.
- To land, you should choose open spaces on a flat territory. Do not allow plant disembarking in lowland – in this case, the root of the plant will constantly accumulate moisture.
- The perfect place to land the laptop should be lit by the sun in the morning and in the evening, and at noon and until 4 o’clock in the day are in the shade.
- Do not land the laptop in places with cold wind access. It can break the branches of the plant or provoke diseases. The best option for disembarking will be the place protected at least on one side by the fence, house or other plants.
- Do not land such a plant near the trees and adult shrubs. In this case, the lappache will suffer sunlight, moisture and vitamins from the soil.
How to plant?
The process of planting a young bush of the laptop should not cause difficulties even at novice gardeners.
- Drop small holes 40 per 40 cm in Earth, depth – 60. Consider at the same time that they should be from each other at a distance of at least 30 cm, regardless of the type of laptop.
- On the bottom of the wells, place the drainage layer for moisture removal. It may consist of rubble, gravel or pebbles. Layer should be at least 7-10 cm.
- Prepare the soil for landing. To create a nutritious and rich soil, you need to create a mixture of sand (1 part), leaf land (2 parts), humus (2 parts) and any mineral fertilizer (about 150 grams, depending on the age of the plant).
- Divide the resulting mixture into two parts. First place on top of the drain layer. Then place the plant itself in the hole, following its roots grow in different directions and did not rest in the solid ground.
- Put the plant to the remaining soil in such a way that the root neck is slightly performed above the ground.
- Spend abundant watering of the plants and lay the mulch layer to save moisture from the roots. In its role can be used straw, peat, bark of pine trees or needles.
Phackle can have a long time to do without moisture, and therefore watering this plant should be carried out no more than 2 times a month.
Depending on the age and variety of plants on 1, the nepochny bush should have no more than 10 liters of water.
Important moment – in no case can not be allowed to complete the soil. That’s why During the landing of these plants, a mulch is used, which holds moisture near the root roots. In warm and arid seasons, the amount of irrigation can be increased, while during the procedure itself, the ground near the roots of the plant should be carefully loosen. This will prevent the formation of cracks and will allow water faster to reach the roots of the hospital.
Any garden plant for full growth and development of inflorescences needs regular feeding. In the case of nepchatka, the soil should be fertilized no more than 1 times a year in early spring – even before the formation of buds.
At a bucket of 10 liters should be about 30 grams of feeding. The composition of the fertilizer for the hospital usually includes potassium and phosphate.
It will not be superfluous to feed and young sprouts of gardening laptop, only landed on a permanent place. This will allow them to pass faster and stimulate the growth of the root system.
Pruning the laptop can be carried out 3 reasons depending on the variety and type of plant.
- Health. Pruning is carried out no more than 2-3 years for thinning crowns and improve ventilation inside the plant.
- Decorative. In this case, gardeners remove certain twigs or sprouts to give a plant of a certain form.
- Preventive. Need to remove patients and dry branches.
In the first case Pruning is better to carry out in the fall and delete about 1/3 from the entire length of escape. Decorative trimming can be carried out at any convenient time, but usually choose summer for this and remove strong and growing up shoots to increase the crown volume.
Preventive trimming is carried out every spring after the wintering plants.
It should be said that most of the varieties and varieties of the laptop, including shrub species, almost painlessly carry winter cold. In shelter, only young sprouts of such plants need for winter, while adults are able to transfer even extremely low temperatures. It makes the palm of the perfect plant for landing in any regions of Russia – both in the Moscow region and in Siberia or the Caucasus.
Diseases and pests
Fortunately, the Phachka belongs to garden plants with almost perfect health and resistance to many diseases. Even harmful insects prefer to bypass this bush face.
The most common diseases that culture can be amazed.
- Rust. Beach of almost all garden plants – is expressed in education on the leaves of characteristic brown or brown spots. The spots initially can cover the local zones, but without proper treatment, they go to all the leaves, and the plant is completely yellow.
- Puffy dew. This fungal disease is expressed in formation on the leaves or shoots of the plant of characteristic white spots. Phackle In this case, as if covered with a thin layer of Inea.
- Scoop. This insect, as well as his caterpillars, literally eats leaves and inflorescences of garden plants. This leads to a gradual drying of the shrub and the loss of its appearance.
If the infection has been subjected to the annual grade of the laptop, experienced gardeners advise no effort to do not undertake. The same fall plants should be removed. If a long-term variety of the lappache was subjected to infection, first infected areas of the plant are removed, then the processing of standard fungicides is carried out. The role of them can be the Bordeaux mixture or
When combating pests, insecticides are used (“Fufanon”, “Decis”, “Phytoverm”). In this case, the removal of the affected branches is optional.
Unfortunately, almost all varieties of the hospital are poorly referred to in a new place. These plants are experiencing tremendous stress and in most cases die. If the transplant is still needed, the gardener must neatly dig a plant along with a coma of native land, carefully transplant it to a new well and provide regular vitamin feeding and watering.
It is better to transplant only young plants or bushes formed as a result of reproduction with toddles or dividing bush.
If you regularly process your hospital from pests or fungal diseases, but the plant still does not bloom or just dries, the reasons may be somewhat.
This one of the most relevant problems for gardeners who are engaged in growing plants on non-fermentation soils. The lack of vitamins in the soil can lead to such consequences as a decrease in the number of buds, slow growth of plant shoots, weakening the root system.
Many gardeners are convinced that if some plant is stated as a light-chapter (like a palm), it will feel great for the scorching sun.
Yes, the lappache really loves sunny heat, but only in limited quantities in the morning or in the evening.
Each type of laptop needs individual care and balanced vitamin feeding. If the gardener was mistaken with the definition of a variety of its plant, the wrong care for it can lead to drying, rotting or dying the roots and leaves.
Methods of breeding
To date, only 2 methods of breeding the laptop are used: seed and vegetative (discharge, shower, division of bush). Each of them is used to reproduce a certain variety of hospitals and requires a gardener of various efforts and time costs.
In this case, the gardener has 2 options – it can directly plan the seeds into the ground, where they will grow constantly, or grow healthy and strong seedlings from seeds for the further landing on the site.
To disembark seeds directly to the ground, it is advised to choose the middle or the beginning of the autumn. During the winter, the seeds will pass the process of natural stratification. Plant sprouts in this case will appear in the first warm days in the spring when the snow completely comes.
This method is considered the easiest, however during the winter period, many plant seeds can be contlected or frozen in the ground.
If you decide to grow laptop seedlings at home, the following recommendations should help you.
- Seeds better sow in February. When preparing a soil mixture for landing, it is not necessary to use some special fertilizers. Phackle is very loyal even towards poorly soils, so the usual substrate for indoor plants will fit here.
- After selecting a suitable container (plastic or tree), it should be contlected by its bottom thin drainage layer for moisture. The drainage is used crushed stone or clay.
- Uniform layer Place the substrate in the container and make some longitudinal grooves in the ground. Then pour and, after the water is absorbed, drink seeds in the grooves.
- To create a favorable microclimate from above, the container should be covered with a polyethylene package or a food film transmitting light.
- Make sure that there is a container with seedlings in the room, the temperature has always been maintained at 15-18 degrees.
- Wait for the sprouts to appear 2 full-fledged leafs, and then spend the pickup. Most often, gardeners use plastic cups or peat pots for this.
- In the late spring or early summer, seedlings should be planted at a permanent place and hardly pour. On the occurrence of winter, young plants are hidden, even if the variety of the laptop is known for its frost resistance.
Each of the vegetative reproduction options implies a certain time to landing. For example, if this is the division of the clutch bush, it is advised to be held early in spring or autumn. Collect healthy and strong cuttings best in the first months of the summer, the same applies to and remove.
This procedure can be carried out only with a shrub pallet older than 4 years. The plant should be carefully digped, and then rinse the roots thoroughly. With the help of a sharp garden knife, a bush should be divided into several full-fledged twigs with roots, while each of them should have a minimum of 3 kidneys. In order for new bushes to better cope with disembarking and quickly fit in a new place, their roots should be treated with a stimulant of root formation. Close the bushes should be at a distance of at least 30 cm from each other.
For this method, only green and strong sprigs of the laptop from the very top of the stem (and at least 10 cm long). All inflorescences on a cutlery should be removed – they will require a lot of energy and moisture necessary to form roots. Cuttings can be seated in separate containers with perlit, or put on the open area and cover with cans or bottles. To form full-fledged roots, it may be necessary from 1 to 2 months – during this time, the gardener must regularly spray the plant and cut flourishing boutons.
For the winter period, the cuttings should be covered if you landed them in an outdoor ground.
For this method you will need a healthy and strong twig from an adult bush. Make a small incision on the branch, then lower it to the ground, strengthen the hairpin and sprinkle the ground. In this case, the first roots should be formed by the end of this summer. Separate the maternity plant should be separated at the beginning of the middle of the autumn, then transplant to another place.
Usage in landscape design
Today, the hospital is very actively used in the design of landscape design both urban and private territories. People appreciate this plant for its unpretentiousness in care, bright and rich inflorescences, as well as tolerance for any weather conditions.
Options for using the laptop in the design of the country area, garden or garden.
- As a living hedge. In this case, this plant is used to highlight the boundaries of a certain decorative object. Most often in his roles are garden tracks, gazebos or borders. Consider that these plants are quite growing, so they should be planted at some distance from the track.
- Near Alpinaria. Alpine slides today are a popular decoration of private territories. Usually, coniferous plants are used for plant filling of such objects. Pepper is capable of creating a pleasant contrast against the background of plants and decorative stones.
- Addition to the flower bed. Phackle is remarkably combined with almost all garden plants. In some cases, especially if the plot is decorated with coniferous plants, the laptop can refresh the flower bed, becoming a composite center of all flower beds.
- Next to the decorative pond. In its natural environment, the Forest Pepper prefers to grow precisely near the reservoirs. Such a location provides a plant with the necessary moisture during arid seasons. The same technique can also be used in private territories.
Read more about Laptop See More.