Garden types of carnations – one of the most beautiful plants capable of decorating any landscape. The lowest perennial varieties of garden cloves are very popular due to spectacular appearance, unpretentiousness in care and wintering. A variety of dwarf varieties – terry, bush, curb, multicolored makes it possible to choose mini cloves for every taste.
Low carnation looks like a low bush, the maximum height of the gardening carnations is 60 cm, but the lowest varieties usually do not exceed 30 cm. Inflorescences are diverse in shape and size: there are large, lush, there are miniature, laconic. Inflorescence may include up to 5 flowers. Perennial carnation will decorate a garden for several years without transplantation. Almost all varieties look very impressive in design, well suited for the decoration of borders, garden tracks, alpine slides, flower beds. Multiplied with stalling, dividing bush, seed method.
Varieties and varieties
Little Carnations – Perennial Herbatous Plants, which are represented by a huge variety of varieties, species. Species of this plant numbered more than two dozen, however, the most common 5. They, in turn, have a rather extensive fading and varietal classification. In general, all varieties are quite unpretentious, although there are some nuances, features.
- a short perennial, the maximum height is up to 30 cm;
- Single-type blossom;
- Coloring: Snow-white, red, pink in different variations;
- varietal variety rich;
- foliage jeep green or blue with greens;
- This type includes yosotes and semi-florences.
One of the most spectacular varieties of a cement carnival – “terry carpet”. Differs in high decorativeness, perfectly grow up, forming a kind of carpet. Aroma pronounced, blossom of terry type.
Great for the decoration of borders, rocaries, flower beds, flower beds.
- another name is musky;
- Maximum height – up to 50 cm;
- blossom of terry type;
- Spicy flavor, strong;
- Coloring diverse.
- Pretty miniaturn, up to 30 cm;
- Petals on the type of feathers, with fringe;
- unpretentious, loves the sun;
- Great for decorating borders, Alpine slides, supporting walls.
High decorative differs varieties of this type “Nostalgia” – low bushes, covered with snow-white miniature flowers, decorated with fringe.
- Low bushes, up to 25 cm in height;
- the foliage of the elongated type of rich green tone;
- On the leaves there may be a reddish sampling;
- A variety of colors includes scarlet specimens with a rim of dark tones, gloomy pink, carmine, with light variegated;
- As part of this species, many varieties and hybrids are derived.
Very beautiful representative of this group – “Moulin Rouge”. This bright mix has an incredible gentle smell and a beautiful pink color. It blooms very abundant, suitable for decorating mixtorers, borders, garden tracks.
- Neciprisian, spectacular plant;
- Flowering with Mahra, large;
- a lot of greenhouse varieties;
- high degree of decorative;
- Suitable for decorating any landscape elements.
Select a series “Lilipot Mix”, which includes some number of multicolored mini-carnations. Distinctive features:
- Maximum height 25 cm;
- Type of bush – branchy;
- no need for pinching;
- color different;
- You can purchase a separate variety or mix;
- terry flower, large.
Among the varieties of the series are especially popular: “Scarlet” – White, Lavender-Pink, Light Lilk, Orange, Lilac and Yellow Carnations. “Scarlet” – a low bush clove with spectacular color, in the center of the raspberry and tender-pink border, decorated with fringe.
Hybrid types of low-speed carnations are also extremely common.
- “Breath of Love” – Pretty high variety, about 40 cm, bloom is concise, petals have an uneven color, narrow type, dissected, fragrance gentle;
- “Spring Beauty” – Maximum height – up to 30 cm, blossom with Mahra, pink shade, aroma pronounced;
- “White Imitry” – Maximum height of 25 cm, blossom of snow-white, petals with Mahra, gear edging, fragrance strong;
- “Sam Barlow” – Snow-white inflorescences, a cup of contrasting, brown, the smell is pronounced;
- “Shabo” – A spectacular hybrid subspecies with large flowers, can be with a Mahra or semi-grams, color varied: pink, yellow, red, snow-white.
Selection of place and soil
In order for the plant to please you with spectacular flowering, healthy view and development, you must choose the right place to land and competently evaluate the soil. If you do not do this, the flower will not receive enough light, nutrition, moisture and will develop weakly. Optimal soil type:
- Easy, with good breathability, loose;
- neutral or weakly acid type;
- containing humus.
Sour soils are neutralized by lime, ash, and if the soil is heavy, its quality improves peat, perlit. For the landing, it is best to choose a sunny area where the half has appeared in the afternoon. Too shady zones are not suitable, the leaves will look like fad, the abundance of flowering will decrease. If you are searched by carnations in pots, porridge, containers, you should cover it from direct sun rays. Mini-cloves from the moisture-loving neighbors should be taken, otherwise there will be a stagnation of moisture, harmful to flowers.
When and how to plant?
At a permanent place, this plant in the form of seedlings is planted as follows:
- wells are formed, with an interval of at least 15 cm;
- Maximum depth – lump size with roots;
- Compost is made, sand with a layer of about 3 cm;
- seedlings lowered in the well, falling asleep soil, compacted;
- It is necessary to moisten the landing and cling.
The drainage layer is needed in order to prevent stagnation of water, as the excess moisture is dangerous for the flower. If you plant seeds in open ground, it should also be done in May, deepening seedlings about 1 cm in the grooves.
From above, it should be created with polyethylene shelter to create a greenhouse effect to germination.
Features of care
At first, when the plant only matures, it is necessary to break the seedlings, and weeds to pour. Mature plants can not be gone. In general, the care for this representative of the Flora is simple. Just follow several rules of cultivation.
- For perennial mini-carnations, it is preferable to water stagnation;
- It is impossible to allow excess moisture;
- Watering should be moderate;
- moisturizes the soil only after the top layer of drying;
- Watering the roar, water should not fall on the foliage;
- It is necessary to braid soil after the procedure.
- Complete organic compositions are administered when disembarking and transplant;
- Mineral feeders are introduced in the spring, before the beginning of the vegetation, after cutting;
- If the plant is not in the open soil, more frequent feeding are required.
Events after flowering:
- If they pinch the blurred inflorescences, it will provoke abundant bloom;
- When the carnations are completely flowing, they are cut off, leaving the height of the stem of about 10 cm;
- Bushes that have grown together should be replant, a mature bush is discharged for this, it is divided and searched, the procedure falls at the end of the summer-beginning of autumn.
Even a lover will cope with this process, multiplying mini-cloves is quite simple, and in any way. Can choose:
- seed method;
- division bush;
Experts recommend using mixtures and mixes in the event that the goal is a bottling carpet. Grow seedlings from the seed is quite simple:
- Seeds are sulfied into a container in March;
- You can soak them the day before landing;
- In loose, the subline soil unfolds seeds, pre-moisturizing the soil;
- on top fall asleep with sand;
- Then it is necessary to organize the shelter with glass or polyethylene;
- Capacities are filled with a comfortable temperature of from 17 to 20 s;
- After about a week, the seeds will go, the shelter is cleaned;
- Boxes put on the windows and spray;
- After about a month, seedlings can be started hardening;
- After that, planted in a pre-prepared place of permanent type.
Bust division – the most easy way. Need to choose a large, mature bush, carefully dig and divide into parts with a knife. Watch the growth points to be on each division. Then they are sent to the selected places and moisturize.
Shining is the most difficult way that is used only for breeding high-power, valuable carnations. Algorithm of actions:
- cut off the escape;
- rooted in a box with a sandy-peat mixture;
- Pre-substrate pouring;
- After rooting planted, this process takes about 2 months.
Diseases and pests
Little carnations have good resistance to diseases. However, the improper conditions for growing, especially moisture and large amounts of nitrogen, negatively affect the state of the plant, weaken its. Weeds not deleted on time, with the development of carnations provoke the formation of fungal, viral diseases, bacteria, rot. If you notice bright or brown spots with a red edge, the carnation defeated the fungus. It is necessary to treat the plant by fungicidal compositions. Well suited “Topaz”, “Fundazole”.
Insect attacks – not too frequent phenomenon, most dangerous for carnations. They form from the bottom of the foliage a kind of grid. Also often attacks TRIPS cloves. The main feature – the appearance of white with silver spots on the kidneys and foliage. Another pest is a word, which sucks from the carnation juice, covering the stems of mucus. To get rid of insects, use insecticide compounds. The following types are coping well:
About the right carnation care look next.