A decorative plant must be present in the garden, which will be the very highlight among all plantations. When choosing a plant that will perform such a role, many are inclined to plant roses. And now a very popular decorative plant is considered hydrangea. However, these are not the only representatives of beautiful ornamental plants, the king of your garden can be peony. Such a decision will be very original and can give your courtyor of an unprecedented liveliness. One of the brightest representatives of peonies is the grade “Henry Blokxtos”.
Description and history of creation
Peony “Henry Blokxtos” was brought to us from distant Canada, where breeders and brought this variety. This herbaceous decorative plant is very versatile in use and refers to interspear hybrids of peony. Representatives of this type of peonies classify themselves as terry.
The Peony “Henry Blokxtos” has the following brief description:
- The stems of flowers are quite massive and distinguished by good strength, large-size buds are perfectly fixed;
- The leaves have a salad color;
- The maximum height of the peony reaches 1 meter;
- shoots straight, flowers can be seen on their vertices one by one;
- If there is a representative of this variety in the garden, the delight of its appearance will not be limit – buds are presented in the form of a huge ball, their diameter can reach 20 centimeters; The middle of the cup is painted in bright pink color; Petals are characterized by dense adjacent to each other;
- Inflorescences have a very saturated scarlet color;
- The flowering process begins at the beginning of the summer season – this plant is blooming no more than 1 time; During the flowering period, a very pleasant fragrance comes from such peonies;
- One of the advantages is the high level of sustainability for frosty weather; Peonies of this variety are able to survive even at a temperature of 35 degrees below zero;
- Henry Blockstos is also very resistant to various pests that can provoke diseases;
- Representatives of this type of peonies do not need a garter due to durable stems, but many gardeners still resort to this method as to the additional protection of plants from severe busting winds.
Features of breeding
There are several types of reproduction of the peony of this variety, the easiest of them is considered to divide the rhizoma. It is best to start doing such a procedure at the end of the summer season. The process is performed as follows:
- From the very beginning, shrub sitting should be neatly soaked, after which the peony is removed from the soil; the root system must be cleaned from lumps of land;
- After the withdrawal and purification of the rhizomes, they are separated by several parts using a shovel;
- Mandatory on each of the decene should be present roots and kidneys;
- At the last stage, all rods of the plant immediately after division are planted into the outdoor ground.
In the cold season, the plant needs additional protection, which will serve as a warming component – usually peonies are covered with wood sawdust, they perfectly restrain the heat; In some cases, the sails are also used.
There is another way of breeding peony – Shining. But it is much less used in the breeding of this type of plant, since technically this process causes difficulty in its implementation.
In case of breeding, peonies are often resorted to the method of reproduction, Using seeds. The planting material in this case is best to sow closer to the onset of cold. The first shoots are expected no earlier than 1 year after sowing. After that, the plants again transplan.
This method is considered to be very long, since plants need too much time to form. Flowering peonies start 6 years after sowing.
It is necessary to take a very carefully to the question of planting peonies and pick up the most suitable place for their cultivation, since the plant refers to perennials and can germinate not one dozen years. Therefore, the question of the landing site is so important for peonies.
One of the main criteria for successful landing is considered Properly selected season. Best sued peonies In the spring time. And the mistake is not planting plants in the autumn season. Place for landing should not be wetlands or located in lowlands, Since such a plot suffers from water stagnation, it can very negatively affect the root system of plantings.
As well as the site should be well covered, as peonies are very thermal-loving plants.
Representatives of the Henry Blockstos varieties are quite viable plants that can quickly adapt to the climatic conditions of the region where they are grown. Such peonies are distinguished by their endurance to dry places, perfectly transfer the Russian winter, as well as rather resistant to high levels of moisture accumulation.
Such excellent properties of the plant must be owned by its difficult root system on which the so-called sleeping kidneys are located. The whole essence is that They begin to function when their active representatives become unviable. Due to this, we can say that the peonies offer a second breathing, which accompanies the good development of all structural components of the plant, and also allows them to bloom intensively.
Soil must be chosen carefully, since the conditions in it should cause a neutral reaction. Therefore, the choice of fertilizers should be treated seriously. It is strictly not recommended to resort to the use of peat. Such a organic is largely oxidizing the soil. Reduce the level of acidity by lime.
Peonies are very well taken in the ground with a significant shared of clay and sand. Before landing it is necessary to process well and drain. Fingering with a small layer is best located at the very bottom of the landing well, after which you can plant a bush. Small roots should be strained in different directions and fall asleep the ground, the layer on average should be 6 centimeters. Next, it is necessary to abundantly pour a plant.
With good care, peonies will be able to bloom after the expiration of the year after landing.
Nuances of care
Caring for representatives of this type of peony is quite simple. It is necessary to adhere to some basic rules.
- Weeding. From time to time, the plot on which peonies are grown, needs purification from weeds. The main thing is to remove weed grass between the shoots of the plant.
- Loosening. The root system of the plant is prone to extension upwards, for this reason, it is necessary to very gently loosen the soil around shrubs. The land is recommended to be addicted to the shoots.
- Podkord. In the first year of cultivation of peonies, colors are simply necessary for feeding for the formation of a healthy root system. It is best to use fertilizers filled with minerals. After the end of the flowering period, it is recommended to add firming elements to water for watering. For this role, potassium and phosphorus fit perfectly.
- Watering. The plant needs mainly in moderate watering, only during the period of rapid color it requires abundant moisture.
- Trimming. With the trimming of new shrubs, it is necessary to postpone. For the first time this process should be carried out after the addition of peony shoots, before the onset of cold. Cropped up the stalk of the plant under the level of land. In the warm season, it is undesirable to pruning shoots, as they serve as a power source for the root system.
Diseases and pests
Representatives of the Henry Blockofos varieties are considered very resistant to various diseases, but this does not mean that there is no threat to them. Particularly dangerous and common illness is rust. In the same list you can make a gray rot. Signs of infection are quite obvious. Immediately it is necessary to take measures and process the plant by the drug, which is based on fungicides.
Another disease affecting peonies is a ring mosaic. It is considered dangerous and can lead to the death of the plant. Signs – the appearance of patterns on the leaves of shrub. If you do not have time to handle the plant with a special tool, then it is better to get rid of peony. For treatment often used green soap. The same treatment method is used to destroy.
If caterpillars appear on the bush planting, it is necessary to react to quickly and get rid of them manually.
To prevent the disease, you need to hold the following preventive measures:
- Careful compliance with agrotechnical rules;
- Sprouts of peonies when landing should be healthy;
- Conducting triple treatment of peonies with the necessary drugs during the period of the season.
PION “Henry Blokxtos” grade is a favorite among the huge number of flower water. He gained popularity due to its luxurious and contrasting colors. Fans of these colors always point to their unforgettable pleasant aroma during flowering, which serves as an excellent addition to the decorative plant. And the peonies love for the fact that they can forgive many mistakes when leaving him. Shrubs are not at all picky and have excellent properties that are so needed for growing in the climatic conditions of Russia.
Flowers also often indicate their longevity, which can not be a flaw for the plant.
In landscape design, peonies are considered simply an indispensable component. Often flowerflowers make a light mix of peonies and coniferous plants. It looks very impressive. Also beautiful shrubs can be seen on large flower beds or on lawns, creating a juicy contrast. Florists are also considered to be tary fans of this culture, as the peonies serve as the basis for creating beautiful flower compositions. A huge advantage is that They can a very long time to breathe in the water, decorating the room and a bunch of pleasant aroma.
Peony Overview “Henry Blockstos” Look in the video below.