- Muskari Armenian
- Muskari grindoid
- Muscari neglected
- Muscari large-scale
- Muskari broadly insional
- Muscari Osh / Tubegen
- Muskari Khokhlatoy
- Muscari Long-Deck
- Muskari pretty
- Muskari Ambrosiyevoy
- Muscari Azure
- Muskari pale
- Muscari changeable
- Optimal dates for disembarking
- How to plant?
- How to care for?
- After flowering
- Methods of breeding
- Storage of Lukovitz
- Diseases and pests
- Usage in landscape design
A small beautiful flower with inflorescence, similar to the grape bunch, fascinates many, but not everyone knows that these are muscari. Their popularity is emphasized by numerous names that the flower was given in the commoner: mouse hyacinth, gady bow, grape hyacinth or earth lilac.
Plant belongs to bulbian herbian perennials and is distinguished by a species manifold. More grown as a decorative culture, these varieties are distinguished by the most diverse color. Flower bulbies are pretty small, oval shape, their length – about 15-35 mm. Leaf plates are roasting, in length they reach about 17 cm, on one plant there can be up to 6 pieces. They are formed in the spring, although they can appear and the second time in the fall.
The height of the guy onions is able to grow as much as possible up to 30 cm. On durable blooming, flowers are formed with barrel, cylindrical or tubular perisheries, which are formed from 6 connected petals. Stamens are attached to the perianth in 2 rows. The diameter, as well as the length of the bud, is approximately 5 mm. Their coloring may have different tones.
The inflorescence has a brush-shaped form of about 8 cm and is characterized by a rather pleasant smell. After flowering, a fruit box is formed with tiny black seeds, they will save their germination throughout the year. The guy onions belongs to the ephemeroids, that is, most of the time is at rest. Lukovychi, in which outdoor scales have light color, have the ability to accumulate nutrients, and with the onset of flowering period they are spent. In nature, Muskari is distributed in many territories: in almost all European countries, in the north of the African continent, in Western regions of Asia and the Mediterranean.
Some species of Muscari live even in highland terrain.
There are over 40 types of mouse hyacinths, which also differ also and significant varieties. Such a number of varieties makes it possible to form colorful curtains in which bloom will last from April to June.
It has quite late bloom – in May, but it lasts for quite a long time – about 3-4 weeks. The view refers to one of the most popular. Among the most beautiful varieties can be noted:
- Blue Spike – It is standing out that it does not form boxes with seeds, blue terry flowers form a volumetric and strong scent of inflorescence;
- Fantasy Creation – buds have a terry texture, at the very beginning of the formation painted into a green tone, and then become bright blue;
- Pink Sunrise – grows up to 15 cm, blooms with beautiful pink inflorescences;
- Sapphire – It has dark blue butons with white bordering, which form thick inflorescences, a variety of a characteristic long period of flowering, as well as it is the owner of numerous awards;
- Aes Duck – stands out with a thick inflorescence of blue tone bell bells;
- “Azureum” – with azure-blue inflorescences;
- Superstar – has extended inflorescences, which consist of a large number of dark blue buds with white crossing;
- ARTIST – in the unacceptable formation of the inflorescence, it seems like a green bunch of grapes, then the flowers become blue with a snow-white edge, is also characterized by a very pleasant smell;
- Christristmas Perl – often used for pastures, barrel buds are painted in purple blue tones, the variety has an international award;
- Peppermint – with inflorescences-pyramids formed from pale blue flowers with white edging;
- Big Smile – It is distinguished by the rather large inflorescences of a restrained blue tone, on the edges of the buds there is a white edging;
- Cantab – Muskari Armeniacum Muskari miniature sizes, has brightly blue inflorescences, is distinguished by winter hardiness;
- Dark Eyes – with saturated cornflower boots, decorated with white dots;
- Saffier – Bright representative of Muscari Armenikum, a very thermal-loving plant with dark blue elongated flowers that have snow-white edges.
The main representative of European varieties. The most common varieties:
- Album – possesses fragile buds, very reminiscent of Lily Sisha flowers, begins to bloom in April;
- Carneum – Flowers have a beautiful pink tone.
Red-based species, noteworthy and because it does not have varietal varieties. Leaf plates are removal, flowers are painted in a rich blue color, edges – in brighter tones. Buds have the shape of liliesha flowers.
Height Kusta can reach 20 cm.
Belongs to thermo-loving plants. Among the varieties highlights Aurea Fregrans, Unassigned buds of which have a purple tone, and then acquire a beautiful yellow color with brown border. Height is about 30 cm.
Muskari broadly insional
Description of sheet plates Similarly with tulip. Inflorescences are painted in two tones: heavenly blue top and dark purple bottom. It differs in that one bulb forms several blooms at once. A bush can grow up to 15 cm.
Muscari Osh / Tubegen
Differs on the sweet aroma of blue and blue buds. The view refers to the heat-loving and needs mulching for the winter period. Plant reaches 25 cm. To famous varieties belong:
- Blue Magic – Heavenly blue buds are decorated with a snow-white hokholk, belongs to high-temperature varieties and has a pleasant aroma;
- Magicae album – forms white flowers, which are assembled into egg-shaped inflorescences, grows up to 20 cm;
- Oceanus Magia – Distinguished by two-color color: the lower buds have a blue tone, and the upper snow-white, blooms in April – May, often grown to tramples.
It has 3-4 remove sheet plates that form a root rosette. Bright purple bells flowers are collected in a loose-like inflorescence with a kerchik. In the height of the bus can reach 70 cm. The most popular variety – “Plumomum” (plumosum). It is distinguished by branched shoots on which the inflorescences of the purple tone are formed.
Bloom occurs at the end of April. Gentle Lady Color Flowers with Bract, Decorated White Cloths.
Disruptions buds in February – March. It has narrow sheet plates, the edges of which bend inside. Height Kusty is only 15 cm. Inflorescence has an ovoid shape, formed with elongated bright blue tone buds, their cloves are bent and painted white.
A variety is characterized by large size buds, which are formed on a durable straight flower. Flowers have an elongated shape, narrowed at the end, and grow on short-lived stiffs. Their color changes: first they are purple tone, then become greenish yellow, and under the end of flowering stain in cream. Leaf plates dark green, long, with a pronounced groove.
The plant is not distinguished by a special high – only 10-25 cm.
Representatives of the species reach 15-20 cm in height. Small inflorescences are formed from bellolchid-shaped or cylindrical buds that have a blue color. Its brightness depends on the location of inflorescence: the top flowers are much lighter than the lower. During the flowering period (April – May) the lower buds are blown first. Different Muscari is distinguished by a very pleasant aroma.
Has small bells-bells that are formed on low blooms. Their colors – light blue. From varieties allocated “White Rose Beauty” with beautiful light pink inflorescences.
Belong to winter hardy. Flowers rather dark blue violet buds.
There is also a flower, very similar to the guy bow, but belonging to another family – Liriopoe Muscari. The plant has rhizome with outgrowths in the form of cones, leaf plates are long, rigid structure, sometimes a yellowish strip can come on. Inflorescences are dense, with multiple white bootons or light purple tone. Blooms at the beginning of autumn.
Optimal dates for disembarking
It is recommended to plant Muskari at the autumn time – it is better to do this by the end of October. It is possible to disassemble only those plants that grew in one place for more than 5 years. You can land the bulbs and at the beginning of the spring, but only when the earth warms up to 3-5 ° C. In advance of the soil you need to swap and make the organic. Place flowers when landing with groups.
How to plant?
Before disembarking, the bulbs inspect that fallen or damaged are thrown away, the rest are kept in the “carbofos” about 30 minutes, and then at the same time placed in a solution of manganese.
Landing actions are carried out as follows:
- In the dug holes in a depth of about 7 cm pouring quite a lot of water;
- laundry drainage layer (clamzit, sand or small stones);
- The diameter of the recesses depends on the selected variety, approximately as the length of 3 bulbs;
- The distance between the floors of small varieties is left 4 cm, and between large – about 10 cm;
- The bulbs are placed in the pits, fall asleep with a layer of land in 2-3 cm, moisturized with warm water;
- We should not forget about the poisonous properties of Muskari bulbs, so you need to work in gloves.
Some varieties (broad-sized, Osh) need a layer of mulch around the root cervix.
The perennial does not require additional shelter for the winter, in the absence of snow in severe frosts, you can bother with snacks or sawdust.
How to care for?
Mouse Hyacinth is completely undemanding in care. His growing is suitable even inexperienced flower.
Good moisturizing is needed by a plant only at the beginning of the growing season, and then often the earth gets the necessary moisture from melting snow and rain. During the rest of the time the plant is in the period of rest and does not need watering. In the case of a slight snowy winter or wildly spring, the flower is regularly moisturized.
In the presence of not very fertile soil it costs to feed it with a organic. In the fall, when the plot is drunk, you can make a humus or compost. With such regular peops, the guy onions is quite capable of growing normally in one place and 10 years. But after this time it is necessary to transplant.
At the end of the flowering, the blossoms are removed, and the plant fertilizes in potash-phosphor. Such a procedure helps the bulbs easier to suffer winter. The amount and volume of watering must be reduced gradually, but when the leaves become yellow and sealed, it must be stopped at all. If you need to receive seeds, you can leave some blossoms. It is worth remembering that Muskari is capable of self-impeding seeds.
Transplanted, as a rule, the bulbs of plants over 5 years and produce this procedure in the fall during the rescue. Muskari bulbs give quite a lot of kids, sometimes up to 30 pieces. Mother bulbs dig up, separated and searched separately. If there is a summer transplant (in the case when the flower is overly crushed and prevents the growth of neighboring crops) do the following:
- The soil is prepared in advance, add the organic;
- Carefully dump bushes Muskari;
- The deepening make such sizes to place the plant along with the Earth Komom;
- The shovel move the bush in the well and sprinkle soil in a circle;
- Good moisturizes.
If you do everything right, mouse hyacinth to the next spring will surely bloom.
Methods of breeding
Grow bushes muscari can be 2 ways:
Breeding on bulbs kids start spending from July so that they manage to root well before the onset of cold. Do it like this:
- After the end of flowering on Earth, they make a mark, where the bush is located (in the summer it will not be seen);
- Carefully dug up in the place, separated the bulbs from the soil and inspect for damage or diseases (such immediately emit);
- Bulbs are calibrated in size, small can be planted several pieces together;
- It is recommended to plant muscari groups, so they have a more attractive view;
- On the prepared area they make grooves or pits, at the bottom of which sand is placed, and they are well moisturized;
- lay the bulbs, from above can be sprinkled with a small amount of compost, and then the earth.
It must be remembered that the thickness of the soil directly depends on the nutrition of the bushes and the saturation of their coloring.
A large number of varieties of a sticky bow have a property of breeding by self-sowing. In cultivation, this method is infrequently applied, since the flowering falls for 4 years. Ripened and collected seeds are sown immediately to a plot with good fertilized land. When using a repeat method of multiplication Muscari, the following actions are produced:
- Seeds are kept wrapped into a wet napkin, and then in the refrigerator 3-4 months before disembarking (the napkin must be moistened all the time);
- They begin to do this in about October, then in February seeds can be soiled in the tank;
- They put them on a depth of no more than 1 cm, the soil in the container should be well habiage;
- Care is to remove weeds and moderate moisture;
- Since March, seedlings gradually endure on fresh air, and in April, planted in an outdoor ground.
Storage of Lukovitz
The guy onions belongs to perennials, in one place it can be grown up to 10 years without consequences for appearance. In addition, the plant is steady to frost, and the bulbs will not move in winter. If it became necessary to dig bulbs, it is worth knowing how to properly store them:
- Lukichki dry well for several days;
- placed in peat or in sand (wet) for storage;
- regularly inspect to avoid posting;
The temperature in the room is worth keeping at the level of 17 ° C, and the humidity should be about 70%.
Diseases and pests
Muskari has a rather strong immunity, but still can sometimes be sick or damaged pests. Mosaic is often manifested from diseases – a virus that transfers the wave. The disease is characterized by a small growth of the plant, as well as deformation of sheet plates. Infected bulbs can not cure – they burn them. To prevent this disease, it is necessary to prevent the appearance of TLI on the plant.
Most pests do not touch Muscari due to the poisonous properties of the bulbs, but some are still capable of putting a plant quite serious harm.
- Aphid dangerous in that transfers incurable diseases for muscari. A strong soap solution is used against it. If there are garden ants on the site, it means that there will be a wave because they are bred. In this case, first of all should get rid of ants.
- Cobed tick manifests itself by the appearance on the plates of the cobweb. The insect feeds on the juice of the plant, making it weakened. The fight against it lies in the processing of the flower insecticidal preparations “Actorphit”, “Phytoverm”.
- Slug appear on plants from excessive humidity. Remove them with a mechanical way and, if possible, adjust watering.
Usage in landscape design
Muscari in wide landings on flower bed are most profitable. They are also very harmonized with other blooming cultures in a variety of mix bears and flower compositions. Often mouse hyacinth land around trees. Muskari extremely beautiful and gently look along the tracks, in Rabatkov and Alpinarians.
They can be planted both with soil crops and with large colors. Muskari will decorate any landing and give it a brighter and elegant look, but it’s a sorry for a while.
About how to grow muskari, look in the following video.