Snail is one of the ways to landing seeds to seedlings. He recently appeared, but many gardeners and flowerflowers managed to evaluate him in dignity. This method is well suited for capricious plants, which are sharply reacting to external factors and on the recording procedure. These plants include petunias.
Advantages and disadvantages
Pluses of planting seeds Petunia in “Snail” are as follows.
- In such conditions, seedlings can develop up to resetting on its permanent location, bypassing the dive process.
- Roots of plants are practically not intertwined, despite the fact that a common landing is used.
- Remove the plant for subsequent transplant very convenient. To do this, you just need to unwind the “snail”.
- “Snail” takes a little place, especially if you compare with a lot of cups with an individual landing.
- This method provides a good germination.
- Easy Care.
Disadvantages of landing seeds Petunia in “Snail” also have:
- Too dense landing can contribute to the lack of sunlight by each of the plants;
- There is a risk of developing a weak root system and stretching seedlings.
Materials and Tools for Snail Production
You will need:
- The substrate from the foam rubber, which is commonly used when laying a laminate;
- toilet paper;
- Water pulverizer;
- petunia seeds;
- Banking rubber bands or ropes for fixing “Snail”;
- Stickers for marking;
Dates of landing
The duration of the dispersion of Petunia to seedlings differ depending on the region, since climatic conditions in different parts of our country are very different. It is necessary to focus on the dates for the seedlings of Petunia seedlings in open ground and the period of growing seedlings. In the street conditions of Petunia, a warm soil is needed, a long day day and the lack of frosts. Usually such a period occurs in the middle of May, and in the southern regions 2-3 weeks earlier.
In this regard, the dispersion of petunia seeds to seedlings in the snail should be produced in February or March.
Seed seeds are allowed in January, but only in particular sunny regions. However, in this case, it will necessarily need additional lighting with lamps, since the light day is still very short for the normal development of seedlings.
Preparation of soil
As a soil for sowing petunitions, a mixture of garden land, humidiation and sand. Approximate proportions 1: 1: 2, respectively. An insignificant retreat is allowed from proportions, the emphasis is placed on the looseness and ease of substrate. All ingredients are uniformly mixed and, if necessary, smelling slightly with water.
Also in the soil for landing of seeds use vermiculite – This is a mineral having a layered structure and perfectly absorbed moisture. It satures the soil with minerals necessary for the nutrition of plants, and, if necessary, gives moisture.
If it is planted in a vermiculite petunia, you can advise add one part to the ground for seedlings. The soil becomes more loose and dries slower more.
Landing seeds in a big “snail”
The landing algorithm looks like.
- From the substrate with scissors, the tape is cut, the width of which is equal to the width of the toilet paper used, and the length of approximately 25 cm.
- Then the top of the substrate is stacked with toilet paper over the entire length.
- Paper needs to wet water. It is most convenient to do this with a spray gun. If it is not, you can neatly pour out of a spoon or wrap the wet taste.
- After that, petunia seeds are laid out on a moistened toilet paper. The distance from the top edge of the “Snails” before the layout of the seed should be about 1 cm. The distance between the seeds is at least 1-2 cm.
- Then a uniform layer is laid out on top of seeds. The optimal thickness of the layer of the Earth is 1 cm. In order for the earth to do not pour and conveniently turn the roll, the ground is slightly nourished. If necessary, the ground is wetted.
- Over the soil, the second layer of toilet paper is laid, which is also wetted with water.
- The resulting multilayer design is collapsed into a roll and fixed using bank rubber or ropes.
- The roll turns over and is installed on the pallet so that the seeds are closer to the upper edge.
- From above “snail” is covered with a package or polyethylene film.
Landing seeds in a small “snail” is almost no different from landing into a big. The difference is that small pieces of the substrate with a size of 10×10 cm are taken for a small roll. Usually in such a snail it is possible to plant several seeds (from 2 to 5). The resulting mini snails are installed on the general pallet.
Care for seedy
With the beginning of the seed crossing, a package or film is removed. Tray with “snail” is exhibited on the windowsill. It is desirable that it was the south side, and seedlings received a full portion of sunlight. In order to grow healthy and strong seedlings, with lack of light, it is recommended to use luminescent and phytolampa.
Watering seedlings need to be produced so that water drops do not accumulate on the leaves. This can be done from any fixture with a thin nose, with a pipette, a syringe without a needle, pears, a teaspoon or through a pallet.
If it is decided to dive the seedlings of the petunia from the “snail” into individual glasses, then it is necessary to do this when there are 2-3 pairs of real leaves in plants. On the eve of the landing “Snail” spill a good water for easy extract from her seedlings. Before removing the roll must be deployed.
Petunia feeding begins at the stage of appearance of the first 3-4 real leaves. If a dive has been made, then the feeder is carried out no earlier than in a week. The first to use nitrogen-containing fertilizers, and after the start of active growth of Petunia – Potash. In the future, they alternate. Popping seedlings Petunia will make it possible to encourage the plant to form new shoots from the sinuses of the leaves. As a result, Petunia becomes more magnificent and volumetric. The procedure is made by scissors or fingers at the height of the fourth-fifth sheet.
About landing petunition in the snail. See further.