Samshat (Buksus) – Southern evergreen shrub. His natural habitat – Central America, Mediterranean and East Africa. Even though the plant and southern, but it has been perfectly adapted to the Russian cold climate, and many daches successfully grow in the suburbs in their garden sites.
Sugitite green leaves of an elliptical shape, the upper side is a bit darker. With the onset of autumn, the color of the leaves changes to the dark brown, with the foliage of the shrub does not discard. In the spring, Buxus is beautifully blooming, a pleasant fragrance is distributed throughout this process in the garden. Over time, small yellow flowers turn into fruit-boxes of about 1 cm.
Growing samshet is easy – he is unpretentious. From its main advantages you can allocate the following:
- can transfer short-term periods of drought and convergence;
- puts both strong heat and frosts;
- can grow in the city feature, where the air is quite ridden;
- You can create original figures from the Samsit;
- The bush tolerates the transplant and circumcision, which is important for landscape design.
Buksus in a natural habitat grows up to 15 m, its height is usually not more than 5-6 m.
Samshet – a long-lived, in vivo lives 500-600 years, in the country area of life less – a few decades.
There are many varieties of samshet, but not all of them can withstand the climatic conditions of the middle strip of Russia. In the Moscow region, it is recommended to grow the following varieties:
- “Blauer Heinz” – frost-resistant grade with dense leaves of bluish-green color;
- “Elegance”, A distinctive feature of this type – the leaves with bright border, which do not lose the green color in the arid periods;
- “Suffruticosis” – the low-spirited grade of the Samshat, in the length of the bush grows by no more than 1 m, the crown is thick, bright green;
- “Winter Jam” can withstand strong frosts, growing rapidly and perfectly a haircut;
- “Falkner” – Mulely shrub, due to the features of the crown, most often the samshet of this variety is attached to the shape of the ball.
Due to high frost resistance, these varieties can be grown not only in the Moscow region, but also in regions with a colder climate, for example, in the Urals or Siberia.
How to plant?
Before landing, it is important to choose a good seedlove, Therefore, when purchasing young plants, pay attention to the following signs:
- The foliage is a bright and saturated, uniform green color (the presence of yellow or brown spots may indicate a plant disease);
- Magnificent, thick crown;
- strong trunk without damage;
- The soil in the container is slightly moistened without mold and without insects.
To place the Samshat, you need to choose a suitable place.
It should be borne in mind that the plant does not tolerate the power of the sun, so they choose a slightly darkened area.
The soil should be loose and fertile. A bush grows poorly in an acidic environment, so it is better to plant it in lime soil. Can be made compost, and add perlite for loyalty.
Sit down in spring or autumn, do it better in cloudy weather or in the evening.
- 1 day before landing, the sapling is abundantly. This will make it easier to extract the young treet from the pot and not injure the root.
- Dig a deepening about 3 times the root system. For living inges, it is necessary to prepare a number of such pits. If the bushes are planned to constantly cut and form various geometric figures from them, then the distance between them should be no more than 30-40 cm. Those who do not want to burden themselves with a frequent trimming, you can arrange the pits at a distance of 50-80 cm from each other.
- Buxusus loves moisture, but excessive overvailing for him is dangerous, so the pits are laid on the bottom of the pit.
- Plant plant very neatly, trying not to damage the gentle root system. Roots spread, the bush sprinkles the earth. The soil will be tamed, slightly appling soil.
- After landing, the seedlock is watered and mulched by a leaf power or peat.
It is necessary to worry about that the young plant is not under the right rays of the sun, so the bush shares.
To do this, install the cavities, but they have it so that the light is still entering the plant in sufficient quantities. In the first days, the ground at the base of the trunk can settle, so it is necessary to complement it, sprinkling a new portion of landing land.
How to care?
In order for the crawling bush to be bright, “alive” and became a real decoration of the country area, it is necessary to take care of it. This is simple, The basis of the departure in the Moscow region is:
- timely watering;
- Preparation for winter.
If there is no rain, watered a bush weekly. On one plant will be required from 3 to 9 liters of water, depending on its height. In arid weather, it is not necessary to increase the multiplicity of watering, it is better to increase its volume. Fertilizers contribute every month, the spring bushes feed nitrogen-containing means, and in the summer and autumn – potash and phosphorus. This will give the plant all the necessary substances for prosperous vegetation.
Boxus give a beautiful proportional view or form various shapes from a bush. In order to sharpen the bush exactly, the pegs are used to pull the Beep. Thread will serve as a landmark for uniform cutting of branches. You can cut the samshet since April. In order not to be lost form, it is enough once a month to cohere a new increase. Such a procedure will give the Kushist a well-groomed form, besides this, it stimulates the branching process, and will make the crown of the sump of more thick.
One of the most important stages of maternity care is to prepare a bush to winter. Before frosts, Buxus watered well and mulched. For the soil cover, the peat is more suitable, foliage can prohibit, why the roots will not have enough air. The bushes for wintering are necessarily covered, the following means will fit:
- Boxes with air access holes;
As well as In stores you can purchase special winter houses for garden landings. They are a framework wrapped with nonwoven material. Such shelters are often made in the form of cute figures: Christmas tree, penguins, cubs. Plants in such houses are reliably protected, and the garden in winter looks original.
Winter bush It is important to protect against light. The plant during this period is in a state of rest, and the sun’s rays can be launched in the leaves of photosynthesis, and in the conditions of lamb land, the plant will begin to starve. From this, Samshet may die. Free from the shelter bush in spring, with the first heat. It must be done immediately after the soil warms. If it is for a long time to leave the self-sewing covered, the risk of the development of fungal diseases will appear.
The easiest way to multiply grilling. For this in spring from the bush, young branches of about 10 cm are cut off. Removing the lower sheets, the cuttings per day are placed in water with the addition of “Kornin” – a stimulator of the root formation. The processes are then planted in small containers with nutritional soil. You can use universal land for any decorative plants, pre-mixed with sand in the ratio of 1: 1.
Young plant periodically sprayed, ventilated, watered, when complying with all conditions, they will root within 1-2 months. After that, they are transferred to open ground.
You can multiply the making a summit and with the help of seeds, but this is a very time-consuming process. They are soaked, germinate and planted in peat pills. Grown sprouts transplanted in pots.
Samshat provides limitless opportunities for landscape design lovers. Bushes like a haircut, you can form various figures: balls, pyramids, cubes, and also give a shape in the form of animals, birds or people. Tall varieties are used to create a living hedge – a dense green wall that protects the plot from prying views. Sharpening varieties of Samsita are suitable for creating borders and flower.
Carefully tonsured buccus bushes emphasize the beauty of garden flowers: Roses, irises, gerberas and hyacinths look even brighter against the background of the juicy greenery of Samsit. Interesting compositions are obtained with a combination of a bundle with different herbs and shrubs – nearby you can plant a red geyhera, burgundy barbaris, yellow beacon.
Sugit is shadowed, so permissible neighborhood with more tall shrubs and trees – Buksus will emphasize the elegance of cypresses and the thu.
In case of insufficient or improper care, the Samsit may get sick and lose its attractiveness. For example, with insufficient watering, shoots and leaves dry and fall, and when the soil is reversed, the roots. Shrub needs a monthly feeding, otherwise the plant becomes weakened and pale.
Not always culture is ill because of poor care, sometimes the cause of fungus and parasites are caused. List the most common of them.
- Rust. Disease cause spores fungus. On the leaves there are red stains, the plant has a violated metabolism, and it loses moisture. If you do nothing, then the bush can die. For treatment, drugs such as “Topaz”, “Abiga Peak”.
- Sugite flap – pest that can destroy the bush in a short time. On the leaves are formed convex yellowish spots, peculiar blinks, inside of which the larvae of the parasite. The amazed plants are treated with “Fufanon”, “zipper” or “carbofos”.
- Sugo fooling. These parasites are visible to the naked eye. They leave on branches and leaves characteristic white traces. Culture weakens and cares. In order to save the bush, the amazed branches are removed, and the plant spray with mineral oil.
- Shield – pest that lives on the stem of a bundle. Insects are clearly visible, they look like brown tubercles. Get rid of the flap is easy, the pest is removed mechanically. It can be done with hands or take advantage of a toothbrush. Next, the stem wipe the kerosene, and the plant itself spray with mineral oil.
It is necessary to promptly notice any changes in the appearance of the shrub. With any disease, it is easier to deal with the initial stages.
For the prevention of infection of the pest portion in the garden, mustard, cumin, kinza, dill are planted. These plants attract useful insects: Ladybugs, Burning and inhabitants who do not mind to “eat” with some kind of harmful insects and spores fungus.
If it is properly to care for a bush and comply with all the rules of cultivation, it will be more resistant to various diseases and delight the dacket with a luxurious greens.
In the next video, you can suffocate for the planting process of the sewish on the plot in the suburbs.