Geichera is a very beautiful plant related to rhizuis. This is a popular herbaceous perennial, varieties and varieties of which are in demand today in landscape design. An interesting plant has unusual leaves that can have a variety of shades. In the article, we will get closer to Geichery and find out how much the rules should be careed for her.
Features of cultivation
Geichera in our time is extremely popular. This plant looks like a small bush with well-born greens. Sheet plates of this green pet are distinguished by the fact that on their cuttings have a gear edge. And the form, and the color of the leaves may vary. In nature, you can find a large number of species, for example, such that they have black sheet plates, but more often they are yellow, pink, burgundy (as an example, grade “Purple Castle”, called the people “Red Bell”) or purple.
The plant under consideration is famous not only for a non-trivial appearance and variety of colors, but also unpretentious.
The cultivation of such a garden inhabitant usually does not deliver extra hassle. Any colorful will be able to provide this plant to the right care, without resorting to the large temporary and cash costs.
Despite the fact that Geichera is an undemanding plant, there are a number of features related to its cultivation.
- From the color of the plant, it is necessary to get rid of the plant, if you grow decorative-deciduous grade. If not to follow this rule, they begin to rapidly rise above the flower, because of which it looks awesome.
- Gayhhera flowers are allowed to leave alone and not delete only if you want to get seed material in the future.
- The lower sheet plates of this flower have a property over time. So that there are no bare and poorly looking stems, before blossoming you need to take the plant as much as possible to another, deeper place. Roots from the ground do not shake down.
- Growing geihans on their plot, it is necessary to take into account that it grows with them next door. According to experienced flowerflowers, the best neighbors for these plants – Primula or Astilba.
- Planting this popular plant is usually carried out in the spring, in March-April. Blossoms should be expected with the onset of July-August.
- Grow this unpretentious flower required in light shading conditions. Displaced for gamehrs and bright sunlight, but it must necessarily be scattered.
- Fertilize the flower is allowed only from the second year of its growth. These procedures are carried out before the plant blooms, and then upon completion of this process.
- As in the case of most other plants, growing geihans, it is necessary to follow the state of their health. These flowers are subject to a number of diseases that need to be noticed in time and immediately treat. The same applies to parasites capable of acting serious harm.
- The bush must be impaired. Without such procedures, the plant will inevitably begin to push. Sometimes similar actions need to repeat a couple of times in the season.
- Over time, leaf plates of the plant are compacted and become darker, but at the very beginning (in the first months) they should be brighter and transparent.
If you plan to grow in your area unpretentious flowers of geihans, you should know, In what time frames need to land, feed, and in which periods they bloom:
- landing of bushes must be carried out in March or April;
- Plant flowering occurs in the summer – from June to August;
- You can start the flower feeding only from the second year, before and after flowering;
- If it is planned to engage in the reproduction of this flower with stalling, then you need to carry out all the necessary procedures either in June, or in July;
- In the spring, wintering of these plants ends, and they need to remove all the shelters used earlier to protect;
- In the autumn (at the very beginning) or in May, you can proceed with geihers by dividing the bush.
Choosing a place and soil preparation
For the landing of the wells under consideration, it is necessary to choose the most suitable place where geihers will feel comfortable. Sometimes to highlight the optimal area is difficult for them, because adult plants do not better tolerate growth in direct sunlight – They are more adapted to life in the shade or half. The young representatives, on the contrary, are not at all suitable for such conditions, they should not be in shaded places.
If young plants are in the shaded plot, their growth will be slow, less productive. If you want to get, really, beautiful and spectacular bushes, then the gardeners will have to wait for a very long time.
These plants easily transfer transplants and procedure for the separation of roots, so at first, the youngsters are recommended to plant and grow in the sun, and subsequently matured copies to move in half. If you buy a flower with an already well developed root system, then it can be sued immediately in the shade.
If you are looking for an optimal place for young or seeds, then there is only one right solution – they must be planted in the sun.
It is important to take into account that young plants do not tolerate winds and drafts, so the place for them should be selected where there is a windproof at least from the Northern side.
Varieties with leaves of brighter colors will feel great if you plan them in sunny places. Dark specimens will grow better in shading.
Special soil for landing of these plants is not required. The main thing is that the soil differ in optimal acidity. Geihans can be safely planted into the ground, the acidic indicators of which are 6.0. Flowers are allowed even in the soil of rocky type, but in this case they will not be able to turn around in all its glory.
Optimal conditions for landing Geikher – loose and fertile soil. In such an environment, the development and growth of colors will be full, rapidly. Should not be moved to the background and moisture in the soil. Earth must definitely pass through itself and water, and air.
According to flower water, Geikhera need a soil that has passed the calculation procedure. Based on the level of acidity, you can use limestone ash or dolomite flour.
Geikhera are absolutely not suitable soils of heavy types. Plants can be planted only into light soils. We need these green pets and good drainage. It can be built from the brick or rubble of a large fraction.
The thickness of the drainage layer should be at least 5 cm.
The plant under consideration can be planted both in open soil and at home. These procedures must be carried out correctly to not harm seedlings.
Consider gradually, how to properly put the landing game.
- It is advisable to do this in the middle of spring. Saplings can be bought or obtaining vegetative way.
- Plant’s stalks need to trim up to young fabrics. Evges that could dry up, it is necessary to cut off to the level of alive brood kidneys, which are usually located in the leafy sinuses.
- Next you need to prepare roots. To do this, it is necessary to remove all damaged, patients or weak sections. Similar items of the roots need to be removed completely, and the sections then require treatment with crowded charcoal.
- Landing is better to spend on the squares, or in a checker order. Between flowers it is necessary to leave the gap of at least 50-60 cm.
- Under each of the bush, it is necessary to dig a hole with a depth and diameter of 30 cm. At its bottom it is necessary to post a drainage layer, and on top – to fall asleep with a layer of soil about 5 cm.
- After that, in the soil you need to make organic or mineral fertilizers.
- In the central part of the fossa should be installed a young seedling, and fall asleep with soil. After that, the soil must be slightly compressed and pour 3-5 liters of water.
- On the first couple of days, the plant is desirable to be slightly taken, but in the future the protection against the direct rays of the Sun can be removed.
How to care?
Geikhera, like any other garden plants, need proper and regular care. Without it, the flowers will not grow beautiful, can seriously get sick and even die. Consider in detail how it is necessary to take care of these charming creatures.
Geichera is important to water regularly and in a timely manner. From the right watering will depend on the state of the plants, so it is impossible to neglect these procedures.
The cultures under consideration are needed by watering 1 time in two days after drying the upper earth layer. Geikhera is related to the category of colors that drought are experiencing at times better than a stagnation of moisture in the root system. However, at the time of the delayed hot and sultry days, watering will need 2 times a day – early in the morning and late in the evening.
Water perennials need to be maximally. Liquid should come exclusively under the root of plants. Drops in no case should not be on the sheet plates, as it can lead to serious burns.
In order not to face constant weeding and regular loosenings, in the spring at the end of irrigation, the soil surface must be added to the mulch (peat) layer.
Geichera needs the right feeders. They need to be made during certain periods. In the first year after disembarking, a long-term bush to feed no need for. Further fertilizers are required annually during the growing stage. If you are growing for decorative-hardy grades, then complex mineral compositions intended for deciduous cultures should be used as feeding.
If you are growing at the railway area, decorative and blooming varieties of heikher, then for them you can buy universal fertilizers for flowering plants.
The feeders need to be made to the ground, where flowers grow, twice during the season – before flowering and after it. This requires only a half dosage from the claimed manufacturer.
Geikhera can be perfectly winter in the open ground, so it is so popular in our country, and it can be bolder to grow not only in the Moscow region, but also in more severe climatic conditions, the main thing is the right preparation. In the fall, it is impossible to cut off from the perennially yellowed and dried leaves, as they serve as protection against the descent freezing of the root system of the plant in winter. For the winter, Geihans are recommended correctly. In the role of a good shelter here perfectly fitted oak foliage.
With the offensive of spring, the observer material is required to remove, and the old leaves from the bush – as much as possible to cut off using the secateur. Sections need to do as close as possible to the surface of the site.
How to transplant?
The transplant colors of geihans need to be spent in spring or if necessary – for example, when the bushes need a shift change, or became the same pot. It is important to keep the depth of landing, or place bushes in such a way that they were a little deeper level on which they were in the previous case.
If there are no hints on rotes or other dangerous diseases on the plant, then instead of transplanting you can resort to transshipment of bushes. They should simply be transferred to a new pot together with the old earthlings. This procedure will be completely non-flame for the roots of the flower, it will faster adapt to new conditions and will go to growth.
If there are suspicions that there is a root rot, the flower is required to transplant with the absolute substrate replacement. Roots in this case need to make out a pretty carefully, carefully inspect. Brushed rotten and old roots should be cut off with a sharp secateur, and sections with cuts should be treated with special fungicidal agents, spray with powder charcoal.
The transplantation of previously diseased plants can be carried out exclusively in a fresh substrate, because in the same – there may still be causative agents of the disease. After transplanting, the soil will need to be tamped by the tips of the fingers, so that there are no air pockets. After these procedures, it is impossible to water the flower a few days, as and put it in the sun.
Transplanting Geihans is needed in the event that you are reproduced by dividing. Sure, Experienced flowers are lightering these procedures, but they can also go to beginners, following some simple rules.
- The division of bushes can be carried out in the fall or spring, once every 3-4 years. So there is a rejuvenation of the plant and its reproduction. Otherwise, the flower can “bald”.
- Early autumn or closer to the end of spring is the perfect time to disperse.
- A bush must be very careful to dig up, and then divided into 2-3 parts.
- Next, you need to take a knife, carefully cut the rhizomes on approximately equal parts. The land on the roots is desirable to keep so that the seedlings could be faster in a new place.
- Sprouts need to plant on the usual scheme, not forgetting about abundant irrigation.
The appropriate size of the fossa for disembarking separated part – 20×30 cm. Between transplanted bushes should withstand the distance at least 25 cm. Upon completion of the planting process, it is necessary to pour a flower, as well as to inspire the space near the trunks.
New, separated and transplanted bush will gain strength over the next month.
Diseases and pests
As mentioned earlier, geihans are subject to some diseases, like any other cultures. But it should be noted that the plants under consideration are more resistant to the effects of different diseases and parasites. Despite excellent immunity, Geihans sometimes suffer from such serious ailments, like rust, spotty, mildew, sulfur rot. Usually such problems arise due to the fact that in the rhizomes of the flower is a lot of excess moisture, or in the ground there is an excess fertilizer.
If a characteristic whitish flare formed on the flower sheet plates, this suggests that it is amazed by a torpid dew. To save the plant from this serious illness, you will need to turn to the processing of special fungicidal compositions.
If the gamehrs became victims of rust or spottedness, they will need to spray them every couple of weeks to spray a burgundy mixture.
There are insect-parasites that can cause serious damage to Heikher’s health. Here are some of them:
- Leaf nematodes.
To destroy the listed pests, the bush must be carefully treated with a specialized insecticidal drug.
If you have noticed that the plant fell ill or became a victim of pests, then you should not pull the time. It is necessary to take all effective actions as soon as possible to save the flowers. Otherwise, time can be missed, and perennials will just die.
If you decide to grow geihers yourself, then You should adopt a few useful tips from experienced flowerflowers.
- If you are separating many years of cooks, it is necessary to conduct its sanitary processing. To do this, from the root plant of the plant will need to remove too long, dry and damaged roots.
- When there is a flowering of geihans in full swing, it is impossible to feed it.
- It is necessary to ensure that there is no extra liquid in the roots of the plant. Do not underestimate such a omission, since it will later lead to rotting roots, flower diseases and even his death.
- If you do not want to mess with the removal of weed grass and the soil loaning after irrigations, then it is worth closing the spring landing of geihers using peat.
- It is not recommended to water this plant from the hose, since such procedures may cause serious damage. Water must be room temperature.
- It is ultimately not recommended to disembark geihers under conditions of lowland or in places where there is a high level of groundwater. Excessive soil moisturizing bad will affect the state of the root system of plants.
- Before planting seeds, geihers, it is important to correctly carry out heat treatment. Thus, it will be possible to destroy all fungi, which in it are located. For this, the earth will need to quivey or for 30 minutes to put in the oven wardrobe with a temperature of +110 degrees. Next, the soil will need to dry during the day, and only after that start seeding.
- Seedling Geihans for further transplanting to the ground needs to be properly picking. You can resort to it when the first 3 leaves appeared on the sprouts. Seeders need to dive at a distance of 4-6 cm between them. This procedure is necessary to maintain a moderately humid state of the soil.
- Gayer trimming must be carried out at the very beginning and at the end of the season.
- Cutting too old, patients and injured earlier sheet plates recommended early spring. At the same time, the formative and stimulating trimming of the entire bush in total.
- Engaged in loosening, it must be remembered that the main thing in the procedure is to cover the outlets in order to prevent their frostbite or dryness.
- If desired, Geyhera can be used for the manufacture of borders or spectacular flower beds, since this plant has a property of preserving its form.
- Geyhera is allowed to combine with various dwarf shrubs on the site. It is quite good combinations with Badan, Primulas, Brunner, Astilby.
- If you notice that the flowers suffer from any disease, but do not know how to cure it, it is better to seek help to experienced flowers. Do not put experiments on culture, because it can lead to bad consequences.
- If you plan to plant geihers seeds, it is necessary to take into account that they usually have very small sizes, so to get more uniform shoots, they can be mixed with sand. For the same reason, there is no need for too much showering seeds into the ground.
- Replanting geihers, you need to be as attentive and careful. With extreme caution should be treated with the root system of colors – they can not be damaged because it will affect them destructive.
In the next video you will find additional information about landing and care for Geichery.