Plant called Kufa is a representative of the Derbennikov family. This herbaceous plant can be both one-year and perennial. And also Kufa is grown in the form of shrubs. The natural range of colors is the South American continent.
Translated from the Greek language, Kufa means “curve”, it is believed that such a name got a plant due to the fruits that have a curved form. Kufai is a compact decorative plant. This is obliged to his durable stalk, to which many sheets of small size are attached, they have an oblong and solid shape, and their tops are pointed to the edge. The period of the flowering of the villas is considered the beginning of the spring season, and it lasts until the middle of the autumn. Spaces between leaves are filled with chic inflorescences that give a special charm plant. Basically, the bowl of flowers consists of 6 petals, has a porous structure. Color range of colors are satisfied diverse. Most of the varieties of the villas are not shot by contrasting shades, but, on the contrary, painted in tender tones.
Culture is ideal for landing in the open soil, it looks good as a room plant. Cofuy usually cultivate as annual planting, if we are talking about landing in the garden. Survive the winter season the plant is capable only if it grows in the southern part of Russia. Some varieties of colors can withstand up to 12 degrees. In room conditions, it can grown for several years. The main complexity of cultivation of such colors in our parts seems to be heat-loving. Best grown them in vases or any other tanks.
In the warm season, such a plant can be decorate a garden or a balcony, and with the onset of cold weather, put it in a warm room.
Types and popular varieties
We present to your attention a list of the most popular varieties of sauces.
The plant arrived at us from distant Mexico. By virtue of its natural range of Kufa, a very thermal-loving plant. The advantage is that the rains do not represent a big threat to the plant. As well as the Kufa with ease tolerate the impulses of the wind. This decorative culture is quite compact in its form, usually cultivated in the form of small bushes.
In height, representatives of the studied sauces do not exceed 50 centimeters. Saving very branched and winding. Usually grown in room conditions. The leaflets on the stems are placed in the opposite order and appear in the form of small pets. Lanzetovoid leaflets painted in green. Flowers have a small size and grow in the stubborn parts of the leaflets. Petals are painted in various shades of delicate tones.
In height, representatives of this species can maximize 40 centimeters. Langenetic leaflets have an oblong shape, the length can reach 5 centimeters, and their width can be 2-3 centimeters. In the location of the leaves on the shoots, the plant has the same order as in the previous variety of sauces. They are painted in dark green. Flowers of this villas are small, their diameter reaches three centimeters as much as possible.
The plant is obliged to color the buton petals. They have a fiery red color, curved part of them painted in a gentle-purple.
Like many representatives of this species, Llava loves the sunlight. Can grow even in deserts, as it does not need constant moisture and perfectly adapts to dry regions. The origin of this species is natural, unlike many other representatives of Queen. Height of bushes on average maybe 30 centimeters.
Coffe leaflets have an extended shape, painted in dark green tones. The edges of the leaves are decorated with white small villis. Buds are considered large, the length of one flower can be 2.5 centimeters. Painted flowers in a rich red color, and curved edges have a purple shade.
Usually these representatives have color in gentle colors, for example, such as pink, crimson or lilac. Representatives of this variety love high temperatures. Hybrids of such saues are considered pretty young. Effectively grows at temperatures above +20 degrees. But the cool summer will not be a big color problem. The dimensions of the bushes to some extent depend on the cultivation range, but on average, 30 centimeters can reach height.
Unlike its relatives, the appearance of the plant is not curved, on the contrary, this Kufoy is represented.
As already mentioned, almost all varieties of Cufies are very fond of heat. Therefore, it is worth carefully treating the choice of a suitable landing area to open ground. It is recommended to choose a well-lit place. Unlike many other decorative plants, direct sunlights are one of the necessary criteria for the normal development of shrubs. You can plant the kitchen on the plot, slightly shaded, but it is necessary to understand that the development will be fully as such, and growth will slow down several times. It is better to plant a plant on the elevations, it is necessary to avoid water stagnation, as it often happens in lowlands. For the same reason, it is best to resort to the use of drainage when landing. Sit down the village usually in the late spring.
Plant is very well taken in fertile soils. For the warm regions, Kufa is ideal if an abnormal heat may not be able to harm the soil industry.
So let’s consider the basic rules for landing.
- At the first stage, the soil needs to be prepared. Before landing, it is recommended to treat land fertilizer in the form of humus. Buckets will be enough. As an additional component, you can use wood ash. It will take it much less. With such proportions, half of the glass will be enough. After that, mix the entire mixture with the soil by jumping and sprinking the site.
- There are also other fertilizers, thanks to which the plant will be able to firmly root in the ground. The organic matter should contain in itself components such as potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus. They contribute to the efficient increase in sauce. Excellent under such characteristics a mixture based on nitroammofoski. One tablespoon will be quite enough for a square meter of the area of the site.
- Small foxes should be digging, seedlings are planted with a transshipment. The distance between shrubs should be no less than 20 centimeters, and between the rows – twice.
If you adhere to the basic rules of care for the costs, you can grow a beautiful and healthy plant.
- Good lighting. As mentioned earlier, Kufa loves warmth, and the shadow can negatively affect the development of the plant. But it is impossible to allow and very large lighting, you need a balance, otherwise the leaves can redheate. At home, windows with plenty of light are selected. Usually prefer the Western or Eastern part of the house.
- Temperature. When growing in room conditions it is recommended to maintain the temperature not lower than +20 degrees. In winter it is necessary to give a plant to relax, so the temperature should gradually reduce up to 10 degrees above zero.
- Humidity level. Representatives of such varieties are quite well referred to a high level of moisture. For this reason, it is recommended to often spray the leaves of the plant, at least 3 times a week. The difference in watering is quite insignificant in any period of time a year. Every 2 days it is necessary to carry out watering colors. Fill a plant needed until the water starts to drain from the holes at the bottom of the pot. In the period between the watering process, the substrate should be a little trough, it is impossible to allow soil soil. In the autumn season, watering somewhat should be cut. At the same time, the soil must be moistened, it is impossible to allow drying.
Speaking about the cultivation of Cufies in the open soil, it is worth noting that even despite the high level of drought resistance, which is inherent in these colors, watering is necessary, since the buds of shrubs can begin in a strong heat.
- Fertilizer. Before boarding the open soil, the wells must be fertilized by any organic matter. Often resort to the use of manure. After the fertilizer process is repeated during the flowering period, for this you can purchase special preparations intended for flowering plants. In room conditions, the plant needs strengthening components, so the feeding process must be regularly carried out from the beginning of the spring period and to the coldest. Once at 2 week will be enough. Great mixtures containing potassium or phosphorus.
- Transfer. When cultivating perennial plants without transplanting it is impossible to do. Young flowers are annually exposed to this process. When transplanting from one pot to another latter should be somewhat more than its predecessor. When the diameter of the pot exceeds 20 centimeters, it will be possible to transplant the plant with less often depending on the growth intensity (once every 2-3 years). The bottom of the tank always needs drainage.
The transshipment method is perfect for transplant. After this process, it is better not to put flowers to drafts and frequent irrigation. Root system need time to strengthen.
- Trimming. Every year I need to pruning. Usually this process is carried out in spring. This is done in order to give the right shape to bushes. Features of trimming directly depend on the variety of wages. The fire-red variety is usually too branched to spring, and long branches are cut. As for the review of the Cafe, then in this case it is necessary to carefully produce trimming, in order to correctly form the crown. At the end of winter, 70 percent of the length of shoots are cut.
Such a procedure will provoke further growth of the shrub, and in the near future it can be expected to expect abundant flowering.
Many tropical plants can be grown in aquarium, among the villas also have such varieties. In this case, the plant should be contained in fresh water and lightly covered. And the soil must be saturated with such a necessary component as iron. Often aquarium representatives need an additional dose of carbon dioxide.
Methods of breeding
Varieties of representatives of the villas can be raised using seeds, But the way it should be ease. At the beginning of the spring, sowing. To do this, we need a small container, the bottom of which is filled with drainage. After that, it can be placed in the container soil, which is intended specifically for growing seedlings.
Seeds are recommended to deepen a little in the soil and spray them using a small sprayer. Seedlings are recommended for growing seedlings. Cover the film container. Scattered lighting will be an excellent advantage in growing, temperature conditions must be within 25 degrees of heat. To avoine seeds is necessary daily, the lower irrigation will be a good addition to growing villas. Greenhouse remove when the first sprouts appear. If sowing is too thick, it is recommended to thoroughly proper. After some time, the seedlings should be transplanted in different tanks.
The main thing is a moderate moisturizing seedlings. Before planting seedlings to open soil, a week before it is best to make seedlings to the street, so that it can adapt to street conditions.
Another way to multiply flower – Shining. Cuttings can be obtained by cutting up the tops from the shoots of the coland. Root them in the open soil with the onset of heat, the air temperature should be at least +18 degrees. But also cuttings can be rooted in water. To shrubs to give a shape, cuttings plant a few pieces together. Pinch a plant when leaflets appear on them.
Diseases and pests
A huge advantage of sauces is considered good resistance to various diseases. However, a special danger may be a tick. In some cases, the pest can also be a shield. Tick leaves a small tintkin on the leaves of shrubs. If the appearance of a tick is noticed in time, the treatment can do with the purification of soap solution. In the heavier stages of the disease, a little washed with a plant, it is also necessary to spray flowers with chemicals that can be purchased in a specialized store.
The appearance of such a pest as Shield, Remove simply – sheets of rooms are filled with convex brown spots. They are peckered pests. Stage Stage also does not carry any danger to the plant. For treatment, you will need to take the brush and prepare a soap solution. Leaves are washed from both sides, it is best to process all the leaves on the plant. Prevention can also be treated with insecticide-based mortar.
If you notice that dark spots appear on the leaves, and the shoots begin to rot, the plant is overtaking fungal disease. In some cases, Kufa may become a victim of gray rot. If you do nothing on time, the leaves will begin to dry, and the root system rot. The bushes are in this case are processed by a solution against the rotation, preference is better to give drugs, based on fungicides.
About how to properly care for the villas, look in the following video.