Coreopsis (CoreOpsis) Many years of gardeners are called simply – Lenok. It consists in a large astera family, which includes about 120 species. Meet both perennial and annual species. More than their number – herbs, but there are among them and semi-stares. The plant came to us from North and South America, it is possible to meet him in Africa.
Coreopsis is an unpretentious beautiful shrub consisting of a variety of thin stems. In height, the plant can reach 1 meter. Each stem is a lot of inflorescences of yellow, orange or pink. Flowers are small, from 3 to 8 cm in diameter. There may be single-layer with sharp tip or multilayer with carved edges and with a middle of brown or yellow.
This koreopsis differs from other large-scale flower, which reaches 8 cm in diameter. Leaves are simple, and from above on the stem disseated. Flower consists of yellow petals connected by a middle brown. Blossom begins in July and lasts to deep autumn. Root system urine.
3 years after landing, the plant requires transplantation and rejuvenation.
Among the varieties of large-flowered Coreopsis, you can allocate several.
- Calypso – Differs yellow single-layer inflorescences with a red core.
- Baden Gold – This variety has yellow major inflorescences resembling the sun. Plant reaches 0.8-1 m height. Soft green foliage, on the background of which yellow numerous inflorescences are highlighted. Blossom early, begins in June.
- Mayfield Giant, Sunburst – Varieties with similar shrubs. They have no more than 80 cm. Single-layer inflorescences, Yellow, closer to the center of petals have a brown middle.
- SUNRAY and EARLY SUNRISE – bushes of these varieties height reaches half a meter. Flowers terry, bulk form.
- Sundancer – the smallest grade up to 30 cm high. Has flowers orange.
- “Golden Ball” – Shrub, having gold colors, are evenly located, while the bush looks like a ball.
This title received this species due to the form of its leaves. Assembled at the base, they are slightly elongated, have a lanceolate. On the shoot that does not have foliage is a flower. Inflorescences of small size, about 5 cm, can be yellow. Shrub reaches a height of about 60 cm. Blossom begins in July and lasts until September. Unlike a large-flowered species, this increases longer in one place, easily multiplies with seeds and forms large areas of growth. The birthplace of this species is the central regions of North America. Also, it can be found in China and Japan.
- Golden Queen – the height of the shrub is not more than 60 cm. Abundant bloom of yellow-lemon color with a pronounced middle. Lasts from mid-summer to first frost. Baskets have a diameter of 5-6 cm.
- Rotkehlchen It is distinguished by a rapid flower with a red middle and yellow, with carved tips in petals. Flower diameter no more than 5 cm. The shrub itself grows up to 50 cm.
- Goldfink – the lowest shrub of the view having a maximum height of 30 cm. Has beautiful yellow flowers, in the center of their tone changing on red.
The most unfinished look. In one place without transfers he can live to 6 years. Thin shoots coming from the base form an empty shape of a shrub with a diameter of up to 60 cm. The height of the bush is not more than 90 cm. Very thin foliage like needles.
An interesting combination of leaves with light yellow or red tone colors with a dark middle makes this kind of especially popular.
Blossom starts in July and lasts until October. A large number of inflorescences similar to stars have a diameter of 3 cm. The birthplace of this plant is considered southeast of the United States, there it can be found in the unguarded parts of the forest.
- Zagreb – This grade has a low growth of up to 30 cm and blooms with honey.
- Moonbeam – low-length shrub up to 30 cm, blooming amber or dairy tint.
- Mercury Rising – This variety has a very rare coloring – color burgundy color with yellow middle. Shrub height 40 cm.
- GOLDEN SHOWER – the bush reaches a height of 70 cm and reacts well to the formation of the bush. Flowering yellow begins with July and lasts until September.
- “Ruby Frost” – Hybrid shrub tall up to 40 cm with amazing pomegranate colors. On the edge of each petal there is a carved edging with whitewash spots. Middle Room with yellow streaks.
Coreopsis Ushroty (Corid) – Low-length Perennial Height up to 30 cm. Stem half naked. Leaves have an oval shape. After a haircut, the shrub greatly grows in diameter. Yellow inflorescences with a diameter of about 5 cm resemble a daisy flower. Regular cutting of the sworded buds stimulates the appearance of new.
Blossom starts in May and lasts until June.
- “Nana” – small bush having yellow flowers. Blooms twice – in summer and autumn. The interesting structure of the leaves is similar to the folded, and then stretched harmonica with dissection on bends.
- “Prison” – Little shrub with straight shoots. Leaves rounded shape, at the end of the student. Bloom begins in mane golden color.
Koreopsis pink (lat. CoreOpsis Rosea) – In the people, this shrub is called cosmy for a pomp, its height reaches 40 cm. Has elongated narrow leaves similar to needles. Pink flowers with a yellow center, bloom begins in June and lasts until September. This species is used to create hybrid varieties.
- Sweet Dreams- This variety is distinguished by the raspberry colors of flowers. Shaggy yellow middle connects petals with rugged edge. Grade prefers to grow in the shade.
- Heaven’s Gate – This name is translated as “Heavenly Gate”. A small bush tall from 20 to 40 cm has pink flowers with a more rich color in the center.
If you are going to plant a koreopsis into an open ground from the seedlings, it is better to do it in April, when the air warms a little and no cold. For landing it is necessary to choose a sunny place-protected place, since the shrub is changing the shape in the shade, it is pulled out, blossoms disappears. The distance between the sprouts should be about 20 cm. Plant is very unpretentious, so the soil should not be fertile and oversaturated useful components. Only in such conditions the shrub will be favorable. If the soil is rich in minerals, then flowering will not. All minerals will go for the development of greenery on the bush. Lightweight and loose soils with good drainage perfectly suitable for Coreopsis. The plant requires a transplant division of the bush once in 3-4 years.
This plant is resistant to drought, so watering should be timely, as the soil is drying, without water stagnation.
Wet land under the shrubs need to be exploded so that the top layer is not cracked.
After planting culture, the ground under it loose every day the first two weeks. This will give air access to the root system and will prevent the appearance of weeds. After this time, the roots will already begin to grow, so the weeding must be done manually to not affect them. The ideal option for the plant we will mulch the soil near the root. It will protect the root system from overheating and save longer moisture, will not give to germinate to weed.
Pruning for this plant is very important. Timely removal of flashing buds stimulates and extends blossoms to deep autumn. In high varieties, it is possible to trim dry buds with part of escape, you can crash completely branch. Shoots grow in a short time.
Fertilizers make only very poor soil. The feeding is made in the spring and summer during flowering in the form of soluble mineral fertilizers.
It is undesirable to feed this culture with a organic and manure.
If you have fertile soil, then the bushes necessarily get a good height, so It is necessary to prepare supports and suspend the plant to avoid breaking the shoots and maintain form.
Preparation for winter
In the fall, when the first frosts began, the shrub is cut completely, leaving several centimeters to indicate the place of its growth in spring. For winter, it does not require insulation, since it is frost-resistant.
The exception is the large-flowered view. His strong trimming for the winter can provoke extinction.
The reproduction of this plant is carried out in three ways: seeds, stalling and dividing the bush.
Seeds are collected from ripe dry inflorescences. In April, they are sown to the surface of the soil without a blowjob, the earth moisturizes. Covered with a film or glass to create a greenhouse effect and are waiting two weeks before seedlings.
When it tightens and strengthened, you can dive for the first time in the containers at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other. After the shoots are growing up to 10 cm, plan them into a separate pot. During this period, pay attention to watering. In order to avoid infection with the root of a black leg, it should be moderate and only in dry ground.
Seedlings with pots you need to periodically take out to the street for hardening. When seedlings are growing, approximately in May, they can be planted for a permanent place with a gap between the bushes 50- 60 cm.
The plant is prone to self-sowing, so remove dry inflorescences in time.
This method is recommended to use in spring or autumn. Pick up shrub age more than 3 years. Dock the root and divide the required number of parts. Each part put in the prepared hole and sprinkle. Plant will bloom in the first year.
For this method, it is necessary to take healthy shoots in the summer, cut them up to 10-12 cm so that it remains 2-4 kidneys. Then land these cuttings in a pot, cover with a can and pour. Keep them needed in a dark place before the appearance of the roots and education of new leaves.
Diseases and pests
Coreopsis has a very good immunity, but sometimes the plant is subjected to some fungal diseases, viral infections and pest attacks. From fungal diseases, you can highlight the infection of rust on the leaves and fusariasis. To combat this ailion, it is necessary to remove contaminated leaves and handle the clipboard Fungicide.
If the plant underwent a large-scale infection and treatment does not help, then it is better to destroy it that the infection does not spread to other cultures.
With viral infections, your shrub can stop growing, its leaves begin to curl, the flowers fall. Treatment does not apply, as it is useless in this case. The virus lives with a plant is transmitted through seeds and seedlings. It is better to dispose of a bush at once.
From pests, the defeat of Koreopsis Tley and various beetles is possible. These insects are well destruction. To do this, you need to handle a shrub by any insecticide.
Usage in landscape design
Due to the fact that Koreopsis is unpretentious and blooms all summer, it will be a decoration of any flowerbeds and a garden. If you have a lot of lawn grass on your site, you can highlight this site, putting on the edge of the low-speed Coreopsis. In group landings you can plant high grades of this plant to the background, and in front of them to plant low plants, such as dwarf host, juniper, phlox.
Little varieties will greatly decorate borders or alpine slide.
If you have a gazebo or balcony, you can decorate them with the help of a pink view of a koreopsis planted in a suspended pot. With its brightness and abundant blossom, this plant deserves love gardeners.
Growing and care of Koreopsis Perennial in Video.