In the Urals, you can use certain varieties of juniper, which feel good in the climatic conditions of this region. They have different beneficial properties and are used not only in decorative design, but also for collecting edible berries.
Where the juniper grows?
In the natural conditions of the Ural region, different types of juniper grow, which are used to design urban parks, squares. Some of them are used as medicinal drugs. Berries of the Siberian and Ordinary Verses, who are considered edible, as well as its branches, are used as a challenge to meat dishes, PAstets. Also well-known recipes of juniper jam and syrup.
In the forests of the Urals, both juniper shrubs and trees with a height of up to 2 m are found.
Ordinary Versere – the most common view, it is a flutter shrub. It grows in deciduous, coniferous and mixed forests, but also found in the mountains of the Kruglitsa and Jurma.
Verses for the Urals
For cultivation in the conditions of the Ural climate, different varieties of this coniferous culture will be suitable, The total characteristics of which are high winter hardiness, immunity to droughts and unpretentiousness.
- Colonid Chinese Versere “Blue Arrow” – large tree height up to 5 m and with a crown diameter in 1 m. The plant has a beautiful blue needle, branches grow up, culture is distinguished by high frost resistance. Scope – Live hedges.
- Blue Scaly Juniper “Maei” He has a height of 3 m, the volume of the above-ground part – 2 m. The tree is not afraid of low temperatures, prefers loose and light soil.
- Koronic shrub “Arkady” – the plant is not susceptible to the gasized air, it is fine tolerate frost. He has a green needle of a light shade. With the diameter of the crown 2.5 m height of “Arcadia” is only 0.5 m. The use is mainly due to the creation of tightly closed group landings as a border.
- High juniper “skyrocket” Differs in a narrow crown and a height of 10 m. This winter-hardy view can be cut. Blue tree needles.
- Dwarf Vesses – “Glaucker” growing horizontally relative to the surface of the earth. This is a beautiful decorative plant that can be used in landscape design.
Also in the Urals can be grown by “Cossack” juniper, reaching a height of 1.5 m, with branches. Like other types of plants, it is not bad to carry frosty winters, resistant to drought, unprecedented to the composition of the soil.
Reproduction of juniper
Different methods can be used for plant dilution. With the exception of growing seeds, they can be used even beginner gardeners without experience.
Seed fashion It provides for the collection of plant seeds, which are pre-disinfected in a mangartageous solution, and after that 2 hours are placed in liquid humic fertilizer, which serves as a growth biostimulator and strengthening cultural immunity. In May, with warm weather, seed seeds in an outdoor ground and before the appearance of shoots moisturize the earth, not allowing it to dry.
You can multiply verses with cuttings.
- For this, the twigs are 12 cm long with a “heel”, purify the lower part from the needles and soaked in a stimulator solution for the development of roots for 24 hours.
- The soil for cuttings should consist of peat and sand, it is filled with containers where seedlings for a depth of 3 cm are placed.
- Then you need to pour a plant and cover it with a film. In the greenhouse conditions, the juniper will be 1.5 months, it is desirable that the temperature is maintained in the room + 21-22 degrees.
- To prevent the appearance of mold, every 5 hours need to air the veres, lifting the film.
- After rooting, after 60 days, the twigs are transplanted into separate containers. Close down in the open soil you can three year old bushes.
A simple method of reproduction -. Suitable for this are the lowest branches of the plant, closest to the ground. On the branch is made oblique incision, then bend the escape to the soil and, fixing, fall asleep. After the branch gives the root, it is cut off with garden scissors and transplant to another place. Conduct the procedure in spring and until mid-July.
You can proceed easier and purchase a young plant for landing in the Gardening Center. It will only be able to plant it correctly.
Juniper in the Urals grows well and develops if it is created for it, similar to the natural. This means that the types of plants growing in lowlands can not be grown on the hills and hillocks, and mountain varieties – on wet soils, in the hollows and ravines. In general, Vesses loves the abundance of the sun, but it is desirable for too hot periods to be present halftime. Fully in the shade placing the plant is unacceptable because it will lose its unique look and color.
Soil suitable for Siberian Juniper – Sand and Saddy Soil. If there is a lot of clay in the ground, it must be diluted with coarse-grained river sand.
For the ordinary, Cossack and Central Asian view of the plant destructive too acidic soil. High acidity can be neutralized with the help of dolomite flour, chalk and lime. Some species prefer a mixture of peat and sand.
Optimal time for planting – spring and cool weather, so you can start to plant immediately after melting of snow. If placing a plant in the ground later, the needle of a young bush can burn in the sun.
Landing lies in the following actions.
- The landing well is preparing, the dimensions of which 1 m x 1 m. The depth of the pit should have a diameter greater than the volume of the roots of juniper.
- At the bottom of the pit, a large pebble, sand and broken brick, forming a drain layer of 20 cm. A little land sprinkled over it.
- The young bush is lowered in the well, keeping vertically, carefully placing his root system. At the seedling, the root neck should be located at the surface of the soil, in adult bushes – lifted over the soil by 10 cm.
- At the end, watering produce, wait for water to be absorbed and poured around the stem of sawdust, nut shell, peat or pine boron as a mulch layer of 10 cm.
In the future, that the plant quickly goes into growth and rooted, you should simply go to the conifer to the conifer.
How to care?
Juniper care is easy, but that the plant is great and beautifully looked, It is necessary to fulfill the minimum requirements for its content.
- After planning in the ground throughout the year, young plants need regular, temperate soil irrigation. More adults, well rooted, the tree is allowed to water once every 3 weeks in the summer. If a hot period was issued, you can participate watering.
- In the summer, 1 time a week in the morning and in the evening, spraying the crown of warm water is recommended.
- Fertilize trees and bushes in spring and summer. This uses complex mineral feeding and organic agent, especially if the plant grows slowly.
- With the exception of the Skyroquet variety, Juniper Different types do not need decorative trimming and can even get sick after such a procedure. Actually only sanitary circumcision of dry and damaged branches in spring.
- Young juniper for the winter need to be covered by burlap, protecting against frosting and burning of needles under the sun. With a plus temperature in the spring, the coating material is removed.
Juniper – a plant that is considered a long-lived among other trees and shrubs, and can live a few hundred years. With careful and minimum care, the beautiful and evergreen veres will become a wonderful decoration of any incoming territory.
On the varieties of juniper, see the following video.