Coniferous cultures enjoy special demand among designers-designers of gardens and parks, as well as ordinary gardeners due to their external decorativeness, as well as the possibility of air disinfection. These plants should include the Juniper Chinese, presented in a wide variety of varieties.
Taking into account written sources, it was found that the first plantings of the Juniper Chinese, rooted by the hands of a person, date back to the XVIII century. And until today, such a culture in all its species is well-deserved among landscape designers and amateurs gardeners. Motherland Culture is the Far East, as well as China, from where the plant name arose.
The evergreen conifer is in demand due to its unusual needles, which develops in an outpilled state in adult cultures, although young plants have a slightly different structure of scales – tightly adjacent to the foundation of escape.
The Chinese juniper initially has a length of no more than 3 mm, but as the culture itself herself herself, its length increases by 4 times. Extending, the needles gradually separated from the wood, the structure of it becomes tough, while in the color is clearly poured a white strip. The juniper grows slowly, his fruiting has infrequently. As a fruit at the conifer, there are cones, painted in a dark blue color, with several seeds inside. Seed material can be round or extended, its dimensions depend on many factors. The appearance of seeds with seeds in all varieties of Chinese juniper can be expected no earlier than one year after landing.
Depending on the type and variety in the open soil, you can find the culture of impressive size in width and height, which can reach 20 meters and have a pyramidal crown. And among the representatives of this evergreen culture there are shrubs of a flutter type with subtle escapes, the diameter of which will not exceed 2.5 mm, and the height of the adult plant will be no more than 50 centimeters.
Juniper can be successfully grown not only in country areas, but also in the city feature, culture in all its varieties perfectly transfers urban conditions with excessive air bases, in addition, acts as a natural cleaner. And, if necessary, root the conifer will succeed in the steppe terrain, in areas with a harsh climate. The minimum life expectancy of one plant will be at least 100 years, However, in many respects, this indicator will depend on agrotechnology, especially in the first season after rooting.
Due to the popularity of culture, breeders were made about 50 varieties of juniper, which will be distinguished in the form of their crown, size and caustic color. Among the most sought-after varieties of this species, it is worth mentioning a few names.
Pulling culture having a bluish eye of needles with milk-white inclusion. Similar variant of color decoration gives a coniferous composition an incredibly attractive appearance in the garden or in the parks. This variety is considered the smallest among all the diversity of juniper, since the height of the adult plant does not exceed the half-meter mark. Juniper develops mainly in the horizontal direction, the squat part of the culture can reach 1 meter.
The plant is noteworthy with its frost resistance, which largely expands the range of its use in landscape design.
A group of evergreen crops represented by coniferous crowns. Plants well adapt to any climatic conditions. Some compositions with juniper are grown not in the open soil, but in containers. The tree develops slow motion, in the light of which such astes will have a maximum height in adult form of about 2.5 meters. Culture of Culture Painted in Green-Syria Color.
A popular kind of Chinese juniper, notable for its spreaded crown and hard cheese, the length of which can reach 1 meter. Shoots develop in a dilution state, have light color. Adult juniper reaches a maximum height of 4 meters. In the regions with a harsh climate and low-snow winters, this variety is recommended to further cover. As for the question of where to plant an evergreen plant, it can be done even in places where the predominant part of the day will be attended.
Hybrid variety of American origin, which is allocated among the entire range of evergreen plants with its resistance to negative temperatures. This feature determines the demand of the SPartan variety in terms of gardening cities. Krone is amenable to molding, thanks to slow growth, the plant care will be minimal.
The branches of this plant are developing in an arcuate state, the needles are painted in light green shades, has a scaly shape. Crohn can develop in diameter up to 3-4 meters, while the plant increases no more than two meters.
The fruits of the cones have an attractive purple color with a naiz of a surface on the surface.
Hybrid culture stands out by the ability to quickly adapt to different conditions and external factors, but, without exception, the juniper contains a poison, such a feature was inherited by the culture from the Juniper Cossack, who performed as one of the parent plants during breeding.
The plant is highlighted by its splashing location of the branches. Adult culture grows from 1 to 3 meters. It will have several variations of shades on one juniper – flakes painted in yellow and green colors. Such a mix causes high decorative qualities of culture, juniper looks very colorful and bright. During the season, the culture increases only 10-15 centimeters, perfectly retains saturation of their paints even with constant exposure to sunlight. This type is suitable for landing bonsai style compositions.
In addition to the above varieties of Chinese juniper, In the open soil and in containers are successfully grown:
- “Gold Star”;
- “Blaow” (Blaauw);
- “Aurea plumes”;
How to plant?
The first priority when planting a Chinese juniper on his site will be the choice of a suitable place to root.
Conducted by the fact that cultures whose age exceeds 4 years, quite painfully experience the process of adaptation in a new place, in addition, the conifer is capable of developing on the selected section without transplanting more than 100 years.
Choosing an optimally appropriate option for rooting, adhere to the recommendations of specialists.
- It is more correct to root the conifer from the south, choosing options with a half. In such a place, almost all varieties of juniper will develop well.
- It is important to determine in advance the level of groundwater. The root system will not be able to develop correctly in the soil, where the liquid will be too close to the surface.
- The soil should be loose, which will provide her good aeration. A suitable option for evergreen culture will be soil with stones.
- The optimal level of soil acidity will be all indicators within a neutral or weakness option. In the ground with increased acidity juniper, it will not be worried about.
- It is more correct to choose for landing of a coniferous autumn or spring months. Saplings with a closed root system will be able to successfully coincide at any time of the year.
Consider the algorithm for rooting juniper.
- Young plants in front of landing can be pre-kept in the growth stimulator. This will help culture to actively increase the underground part.
- For rooting the conifer, it is necessary to pre-prepare the landing well. Its optimal sizes will be: the depth of at least 70 centimeters, and the width will depend on the age of culture and its root system. It is more correct to plant several cultures next to the minimum distance from each other in 50 centimeters.
- At the bottom it is recommended to make drainage. The layer will be about 20 centimeters. The appropriate material will be crushed stone, ceramzit, broken brick.
- Next you need to pour into the deepening nutritional soil. It is best to use the soil components of which peat, sand, turf. Before rooting the plant itself, the layer must be laid a little shrinkage.
- As soon as the Earth will be lost, juniper plant in the middle of the wells. Are pressing the root system, the remaining earth is sprinkled from above, after which the swable should be poured, as well as make a set of feeding.
How to care for?
Chinese juniper care is reduced to perform several mandatory agrotechnical events.
- Immediately after landing in open ground, as well as during the whole warm season, culture should be abundantly. The optimal frequency of moisturizing will be 1 time per month. If in the summer there is a heat, and juniper dries, it is recommended to spray it every evening, moisturizing not only the crown, but also the trunk itself.
- So that the moisture is not so fast evaporated from the soil, the rolling circle of juniper should be chopped by a layer of organic mulch. Such a method will also avoid growth near the plants of weed grass. Mulch layer should be at least 10 centimeters, usually gardeners for these purposes use peat.
- Evergreen plant perfectly gives in molding and pruning, so each gardener, taking into account the peculiarities of one or another variety, select the optimal version of the appearance of coniferous plantations. From Juniper Chinese it is quite possible to form an attractive living elevation. In general, regular trimming is positively affected by the crown thickness. The first trimming is carried out in March, the following works are recommended to perform at the end of August. Removal during the haircut follows no more than a third of the increase from the current year.
- Juniper in the middle lane will be able to grow without additional shelter. However, young seedlings are still recommended to insulate in the first few seasons, so that the faster root system easier moved the winter. Usually for these purposes use a sweetheart or a special covering material.
Methods of breeding
You can get a new culture in several ways.
The most demanded option, thanks to which you can get a new culture for a fairly limited period of time. Collection of suitable material is recommended in February using young branches that have already been covered with a bark. Cherenkov’s length can be from 7 to 25 centimeters, however, the presence of two intersals is a prerequisite.
After separation of material from the mother’s culture, the cuttings must be treated with a stimulant of growth.
The rooting of the material is carried out in a container with a substrate from sand, humid and peat. Deepen into the soil no more than 2 centimeters. Grown cuttings in a well-lit room under a film to create a greenhouse effect. Care lies in regular spraying and watering cuttings. Change in open ground can be carried out in 1-2 years.
This option is suitable for varieties of horizontal type. To get a new culture, it is necessary to use a way to deepen branches in special grooves, where sand and peat will perform as soil. Before sprinkling the soil, the selected escape must be cleaned in several places from the crust, fix with cargo or wire. Care lies in moderate watering. Separate young juniper can be not previously the next season.
The most time-consuming method that will help get a large number of new conifers. Seeds from cones, having the highest dark shell fit for landing. The assembled planting material is maintained for some time in water with a growth stimulator, unwanted seeds will be on the surface of the liquid. After checking seeds, they must pass the stratification process in vivo. For this drawers with a soil exhibit in the autumn to the street, with the arrival of winter they should be covered with a layer of snow.
The first sprouts will appear from seeds no earlier than in 3 years. Care for young cultures will be reduced to similar events concerning adult plants.
When juniper will be 3 years old, it will be possible to transfer it to open ground.
Diseases and pests
Evergreen cultures may suffer from defeat with various fungi, which are developing in the soil due to excess moisture. First of all, the root system suffers from such a not. Treatment juniper is not subject to treatment, so it is recommended to remove it together with the soil to avoid further dissemination of the disease.
As well as evergreen culture may suffer from rust, which manifests itself in the form of brown thickening on the branches. For treatment, stores are used, damaged parts are subject to trimming and destruction.
Among the pest insects, which are dangerous for the plant, it is worth highlighting a carcock plot, a shield and gallicle. The sign of the presence of pests will be the fusion of the branches and the fading of culture. Destruction of insects and treatment is carried out by special compositions, and not only plants are subject to processing, but also a soil in which insect larvae can be.
Usage in landscape design
From the Juniper Chinese, you can make a beautiful evergreen fence in the garden, which will serve as an external fence, as well as garden decorations.
Due to the possibility of figure trimming of the crown from evergreen crops in the open ground, it will be possible to create unique and attractive compositions.
A varieties with a drooping location of the branches will help to supplement the landscape design with a beautiful plant, perfectly in harmony with other cultures, as well as actuating as a single culture on the flower.
How to care for the Chinese juniper, look next.