The division of an adult host is the easiest and productive way to obtain a new plant of this type. Operation is carried out throughout the vegetative season, at different times, and has its subtleties, which will not hurt to know inexperienced gardeners.
When to carry out a shrub?
Despite the fact that any varieties of hosts can grow in one place for more than 20-25 years, to rejuvenate plants, they need to share them and disassemble, besides, this garden culture is pretty easily tolerates separation and transplantation. The first feature that the host can be divided – compressing the central part of the shrub crown and the cessation of its growth. Vegetative breeding of the host by dividing the bush is preferable if the grade is fast-growing and actively forms children. As a result, there is an opportunity after 1-2 years to get a big, well-born shrub.
But for separation and transplants, it is not formerly young, albeit with the volume of host bushes – to begin the procedure of breeding and transplantation can be used only at the 4-year-old plants. Next, adult specimens are divided once every 4-6 years, during which time they have time to gain strength and release strong subsidiaries with healthy and strong shoots. For novice gardeners, it is important to know what should be separated seedlings of the hosts.
- Delinka is part of a plant with well-formed roots and 1-2 sheet outlets. If there are 3-4 pieces on branches, the sapling is considered large. True, it’s not even in size, because the beautiful decorative species, all planted shoots reach 2 years. But the gardener is more important that the plant is faster to reach the maximum size, and in this case it is better to choose not large delinks, but fast-growing varieties.
- It is customary to use single outlets in rapidly growing varieties, and those that grow slowly, divide into large parts.
- Mature bushes at the age of 5-6 are divided into 4, old – on 2-3 parts.
An important nuance when placing separated bushes – landing on the same depth on which the roots of the parent shrub were. It is also worth remembering that the frequent division of the host leads to the fact that the peculiarities of the plant are not fully manifested, therefore, and the decorative view may not comply with the standards.
Features of searches at different times
To propagate the host by division in the spring, perhaps, this is the best time for separating shoots with roots. Due to this, the maternal bush is rejuvenated, which will allow its strength to grow young branches and larger leaves. Split the plant will correctly help accurately fulfill the necessary requirements.
- It will take to turn the earth around the host. To raise a bush, a landing garden fork is used as a lever. With a large size of the shrub and impressive dimensions of the Earthy Coma, the gardener will require the help of another person. When the plant is extracted, its roots must be immersed in the solution of potassium mangartage, if necessary, remove snails and slugs from them.
- The division is performed using an acute tool previously processed by antiseptic. The separation occurs in growth points, while the injured, faded or dry rhizome processes are removed.
- The landing pit is made an order of magnitude deeper and wider than the root volume, which should be located in the ground freely. Additionally, it is possible to make phosphoric, potassium and nitrogen-containing fertilizers, which are especially relevant in spring time.
- High-quality landing provides for the exclusion of air emptiness at rhizomes and soil seal. Since magnificent growing bushes create inconvenience when weeding, the land is wiser to meditate. In addition, this will prevent the soil drainage and the emergence of certain types of pests.
Ideal time for work – mid-April, the first numbers of May, since the late plant may be subject to loss of moisture due to hot weather and drought, while it will be in the active phase of vegetation. In the fall, it is necessary to take into account the climatic conditions of the region. It is important that young plants can adapt, grow roots and gain strength before the onset of cold. Experienced gardeners believe that it is better to transplant the host in September, not less than a month before frosts. The roots of the plant are in sleep, thanks to this host, minimal damage is applied.
However, it is clear that Later landing can be dangerous to the health and vitality of shrub. The feature of the autumn division is cutting leaves and the preservation of only stalks of no more than 15 cm.
The roots obtained in the fall are perfectly tolerated storage, if they are placed in a wet earth with wood sawdust, wrap in film and keep at 3-5 degrees of heat in the cellar. In this state, they can be saved until the spring landing.
How to send a host in the summer?
It is permissible to disdain the host in the summer, in August, after the completion of the flowering bush. But at the same time, the rules of transplant should be followed so that it does not affect the negative on the healthy state of culture.
- Single sprouts are not used, as it is possible to wait for the grower for a very long time. It is better to take shoots with 2-3 kidneys. The foliage is completely removed – it warns intense evaporation of water and promotes the maximum development of rhizomes.
- Before the procedure is obligatory abundant watering the roots of the maternal bush.
- All division sections should be made by a sharp disinfeced tool, then they are scrupped with green and antifungal agents.
- After the transplant is very important to create a shadow for searched seedlings and constantly maintain the soil moistened. Division is carried out on a cloudy day or in the evening so that the scorching rays do not leave burns on the cuts.
In the summer, mineral feeding and organics are mounted in the landing hole, in this case, humus. Choosing a place for divisions, avoid planted them in areas where other garden varieties have grown up to this in order to prevent accidental infection with infections from the roots of the previous culture remaining in the land.
Proper separation and landing
Adult hosts are easily separated, the main thing to adhere to the established rules.
- Divide the plant in May, late August or in September.
- Apply sharp and sterilized tools (blade or knife, depending on the sizes of the host).
- In a small bush, the Escape is cut at a distance of 10 cm from the base, in a large – 35 cm.
- Before the process, the priority circle is irrigated and dug up.
- If not visible roots, it is allowed to wash off the earth.
- Saplings can not be cut in half. Sharing a bush need carefully, avoiding damage to the roots.
- Large strong shoots are cut off with a sharp knife with a gear blade.
- Survival of escape can be increased by cutting off the green mass of foliage.
- Too confusing intertwined roots are unraveling a garden fork.
- Damaged, problematic parts of the roots should be removed, shorten the long processes, and then draw the disinfection of fungicides.
Saplings are placed in spacious landing pits, blocking so that the processes without leaves remain on the surface. At the end of the procedure, the land is compacted and watered well. After that, it is desirable to cover the soil under mulch delicats.
The possibility of division without extracting
If there is no task of obtaining a large number of divinations, then 2-3 new plants can be separated from the original bush, without digging it completely, which, of course, simplifies the process. To carefully separate the shoots with 1-4 sockets, you need to put a sharp shovel into the center of the root system and the triangle cut off the necessary part with roots and foliage. Often, child branches are located so that it immediately becomes clear how to carry out the separation, of course, we only need to take the strongest shoots.
When you need one divonka, it can be simply separated by hand, pre-cutting the barrel from the outside. Mature shrubs calmly carry this procedure, but young hosts, including 3-year-old copies, after such early divisions may begin to grow slower.
Therefore, for successful breeding and transplantation, it is important to comply with the main rules relating to agrotechnics and ages of plants.
Clearly about breeding the host of the division look next.