Retractable gates are modern fences, the design of which in most cases is simplicity and reliable. Nevertheless, even these functional and practical devices sometimes fail. Today we will talk about the most common malfunctions of the rollback gate and ways to eliminate them.
Why malfunctions arise?
The need for repairing a gate may occur when the following unpleasant phenomena appears:
- uneven movement of the portal sash;
- The door of the gate is moving by jerks or there are stops;
- He has a mechanism;
- The work of the gate is accompanied by outsided sounds or drive works very loudly;
- The sash of the gate is closed wrong, that is, it does not fall into the closed position in the “traps”.
In general, the retractable or retractable system of such automatic gates is valid on the principle of rollback to the left or right due to the effort developed by the drive motor.
Therefore, such malfunctions can be observed as the impossibility of closing the door of the gate after its opening or absolute immobility of the system.
In the first case, the cause of the problem is non-working photocells or shot down end positions, in the second – damage to the rollers, a malfunction of the control unit, the failure of the drive gearbox. Other reasons can serve as a change in the position of the gear rail, garbage and ice getting inside the guide rails.
The most common examples of failures in the operation of the retractable group system are:
- the inability to closure or discover such a gate;
- lack of response to commands from the device Du;
- failure of the control device;
- mechanical damage to the portal canvas;
- Full system failure to make any movements when drivening.
Probable factors that determine the emergence of these problems are:
- refusal to work the control unit;
- failure of end interrupters of security elements;
- breakdown of support rollers;
- failure of the gearbox on an electromechanical drive;
- low level of oil content when using hydraulic drive;
- wear gear lead drive;
- curvature / pollution of the carrier beam;
- stopper support rollers or mechanical changes in the foundation basis;
- fuse brave;
- failure of the electric motor system and lowering transformer;
- Cleaning board and incorrect electrical drive settings.
In the absence of a response to commands from the remote control, the most likely options are the electrical wiring or the seal battery in the control panel. These problems are easily eliminated with the replacement of the corresponding elements. Washing remote control (or buttons on it) can be replaced in specialized stores or institutions.
Repair of a retractable gate (including open or sectional automatic) better entrust relevant service centers.
With your own hands, it is almost impossible to eliminate the malfunction to the overwhelming majority of owners of such systems because of their highly high technological complexity.
To eliminate the problems described above, specialists of service centers will check the receiver, remote control and wiring, will replace the elements and configure them, check the photocells and correct the electrical wiring, test the switch and control unit.
To correct violations in the operation of the mechanical part, qualified masters will check the gearbox and the amount of oil in it, they will examine the design for the presence of oil leaks, check the movement of the support rollers and the state of the carrier beam, the presence of deviations of the horizontal fencing and the so-called turbine when driving, will examine the toothed rail and lead Gear. If necessary, they will repaired or replace the gearbox, oil leading gear and adjust the toothed rail.
It should be known that the replacement of the carrier beam is not performed on the spot, since it may be tested from high temperature when welding.
If damage to the slide gate occurred due to the mechanical exposure to the type of car wash or the soil shift under the foundation of the gate, the problem of checking the beams on the subject of deformation and horizontal fence will arise. If necessary, during the work, it is possible to replace the objects of the gate, grounding of the soil, dismantling and replacing the carrier beam, which can be performed only in production conditions under the above reason.
In order to avoid possible damage to the slide automatic gate, some tricks should be observed during operation.
Observing them, you will reduce the probability of breaking to a minimum, thereby the design will last longer:
- Pass on the means of movement should be carried out through the fully open goal flaps.
- Make sure that there are no foreign objects in the movement and mechanism sector.
- Attention should be paid to the sound, which is published by the gate at the time of their opening / closing, as the appearance of strange sound effects can be a sign of the problems.
- To prevent problems, it is required to perform regular lubrication of the moving elements of the gate with a frequency, for example, once every 3 months. A special means in preventive purposes should be applied to a pre-purified surface.
- Another way to prevent faults is the adjustment of the portable canvas. This manipulation, in contrast to lubrication performed by the owner independently, should be carried out by professional experts.
- Once a year, the owner should pay attention to the diagnostic examination of the gate. This simple and regular procedure will allow you to contain such a gate in proper quality and in the case of which to contact the service. Proper care will allow to exploit the design long enough.
- The gate must be kept clean, and in winter conditions are constantly cleaned by ice or snow. Special attention should be paid to the surface of the toothed rail and the working area of the rollback. Design work should not interfere with foreign objects, such as logs or mound.
- It should be noted that it should be followed by the state of wiring and cables. They must be isolated from rain. It is desirable to firmly fix their position in order to preserve integrity. When detecting the wear of any automation elements, they should immediately be replaced with new.
From time to time it is necessary to delay the weakened nuts of the structure, and the stabilizer should be used to protect the power supply from the voltage drops. When installing electromagnetic confuters, their safety should be monitored.
In conclusion, we can conclude that the repair work of sliding structures is better to entrust specialists who are professionally engaged in the production and installation of such structures. Sometimes independent mechanical interventions can lead to undesirable results up to the failure of the entire system.
The process of repairing a rollback gate can be viewed in the following video.