Almost in each apartment or private house you can see room flowers that are an integral part of the design of the room. Today there are no problems with the choice of plants, because in the modern market there is a wide and diverse selection of all sorts of representatives of the flora, each of which is unique as an appearance and the peculiarities of growing. In this article, we will talk about an incredibly beautiful flower called Wisteria. Talk about how to grow it right at home and care for her.
Wisteria (Visteria) is a tree-like blooming leafy liana with hanging branches. It is popular and demand for both amateur flower and professionals. This is due to the fact that this plant is extremely beautiful, especially during flowering. It is characterized by:
- up to 20 meters high;
- non-parpty leaflets whose length can be 40 centimeters;
- The threshing length with flowers can reach 50 centimeters;
- long flowering period – from March to September;
- variety of color gamma.
Wisteria refers to thermal-loving flowers and poorly tolerate cold.
This dendroid wound plant belongs to the bean family. The number of his species is small: total is 9. Initially, wisteria was not grown in Russia, as the climate is peculiar to our country, did not fit for the plant. But it does not stand still, and thanks to the enhanced work of experienced breeders, varieties were derived, which are able to withstand minus temperatures. Let’s consider the most popular species that can be grown at home.
- Chinese Wiccine Blue Sapphire (Blue Sapphire). This is a lean lion, the height of which can reach 20 meters, rather frost-resistant. It is characterized by a variety of large leaves, gentle-purple flowers, the length of which can be 30 centimeters. For this species, rapid growth is characteristic, so it is advisable to prepare supports in advance. Flowering period lasts from August to September.
- Alba Glicinia (Alba). This is a decorative perennial leaf falling liana, the length of the shoots of which is up to 25 meters. Flowers Plant Very plentiful. Differs in snow-white bunch. A hybrid of this type of pink shade was removed. Blooms 2 times – the first time in the spring, the second – in the summer.
- Wisteria Floribunda (Visteria Floribunda). This is a small plant. If it is correct to care for him, its height can reach 10 meters. It is abundantly covered with leaves up to 40 centimeters long. Flowering period – from March to May. If you follow the rules of cultivation, you can see another blossom that will come in July and will last in August.
- Macrostachya Glicinia (“Macrotachy”). Motherland of this type of wisteria is considered to be North America. For plants are characterized by dense and large flowers. Based on this variety, a new type of wisteria was derived, which was called Blue Moon, in the future species became very popular and often grown.
- Glicinia Blue Moon (“Blue Moon”). This is a hybrid that is suitable for growing in the middle lane. This is due to the fact that the variety is very frost-resistant and can withstand the temperature even – 40ºС. Blue Moon Glicinia is a tree-like leyan up to 8 meters high. Liana flowers have a cone shape and a blue-lilac color.
- Glicinia room. Most often grown indoors. This is due to its size, compactness and the possibility of giving the flower of any form..
- Glicinia Bonsai. Today it is a very popular indoor plant – a dwarf tree, which will become a real decoration of any apartment
In addition to the above, there are also other types of wisteria. All of them are characterized by beautiful blossoms of various color. Almost any variety can be used as a houseplant, everything that is necessary is just to give the plant shape of a bonsai type tree and trim in time.
Methods of breeding
Ate you decided that it was necessary to decorate your home, it was necessary to familiarize yourself with the information on how to grow a plant. so, reproduce it is possible with cuttings. With the arrival of autumn you need to choose a thick stem and divide it on the cuttings. They are placed in a cold and raw room, for example, a cellar, before the onset of spring. And only at the arrival of spring cuttings landed into a special box or pot.
Of course, if there is no possibility to buy a stalk, then Flower can be grown from seeds. Growing process of wisteria should start in November. First of all, you need to prepare the soil from the leaf, dery and river sand. Landing should be made in a special container that will definitely be necessary after the seed landing in a dark place. In a month they will start germinate. When the first leaf appears on the stem, the sapling need to transplant in a separate container and pour.
Buy seeds only in a specialized store. Give preference to famous manufacturers whose goods are high quality and in demand. Before planting seeds, learn the information that is indicated on the factory package.
Landing and care
For glyciny, as well as for any other plant, you need to properly care. so, Growing wisteria needs to be followed by the following rules.
- Landing. The soil in which the flower is planted should be fertile and fertilized. Since the root system is not very big, then the volume container is not necessary.
- Glaze. Wisteria does not like water much, so watering should be moderate and not very abundant, it is enough once a week and 2 times – during the growing season. When it’s hot on the street and in the room, where the flower is placed – dry air, it is advisable to spray the plant with warm, extinct water.
- Temperature mode. This is a thermal-loving plant, which requires solar rays and strokes are categorically contraindicated. In winter, you need to take care of the plant and not allow the shine to the wisteria.
- Subordinate. Feature Liana is necessary exclusively during the growing season when buds begin to form and flowering appear. As fertilizers, you can use both mineral and organic additives.
- Trimming. Glicinia grows very quickly. Cut it to the flower formed a lot of buds or when you need to give it the necessary form.
So, if the cultivation of wisteria will occur in all the rules, the flower will feel comfortable and for a long time will delight the eye.
Diseases and pests
Glicinia refers to poisonous plants, which is why insects almost do not attack her. If the plant and insect attack, it can be the following pests.
- Caterpillar – She eats green leaves. It can be eliminated or manually, just collect or spray a flower with special drugs.
- Aphid – when this pest appears, the foliage begins to dry, and the branches are angry. To destroy the tri, it is necessary to use modern drugs that are sold in specialized sales points.
- Tiedchika – It is difficult to see them quite difficult, it is necessary to closely monitor the status of the leaves on the plant. Special preparations can also be used to combat pests.
What diseases do, then the plant suffers often from them quite often, because it does not have a very stable immunity.
- Puffy dew. This is a fungus that completely covers the leaves with a white raid. Next foliage dry and falls. Fungicides will help cope with the disease – special drugs, which can be used in nurseries or pharmacies.
- Chlorosis. This disease is manifested if the plant lacks the iron. You can find it by looking at the foliage – it acquires yellow. So that the disease retreated, the flower needs to be focused on the drug, which contains iron.
Wisteria is a universal plant that can be kept not only indoors, but also on the balcony, as well as use when making landscape design. For example, you can create a beautiful floral composition, disguise an unsightly building or building, arbor or create a “live fence”.
More details about homemade wisteria can be found in the video below.