Willow refers to the genus of woody plants of the IV family. They appeared on our planet for a long time, in the chalk period. Currently, it is very common culture in many countries.
In their appearance, Willow are very diverse – from high trees to small, growing shrubs on the ground.
Iva Purple “Lighthouse” has a spherical two-meter crown. This is an openwork shrub tall up to 3 meters having elegant pink-red shoots. Lean-lancing leaves, slightly pressed to the branch. They are green color, up to 15 cm long, from the bottom side have a grayish color. Streshurement Long branches are directed up – obviously, this is explained by the name of the variety.
Yellow-pink flowers bloom in March or April, they are located on the grims of purple color. Fruits-boxes with small, covered with white fox seeds. Roots, like all Yves, have the ability to strengthen nearby soil. This variety was bred by the famous Ural Schedule School in. AND. Shaburov. Initially, it was intended for weaving such household things, like baskets, chests, tables, chairs, cradle.
Willow is difficult to propagate with seeds, but they are easily rooted with cuttings. Healthy shoots for planting cut in early spring. The age of 2 years is recommended, the leaves must be present on each cutken. The length of escape is at least 20 cm, it is also necessary to have 5-7 kidneys. The lower cut is made at an angle of 45 degrees.
Strip cuttings by treating “root”, in water or in wet sand, with several kidneys should be located above the surface. After the roots are fixed, shoots to the ground for seedlings and covered with a film. When forming new leaves, they are planted in separate pots.
Space cuttings in the soil, when there are no daily and night temperature drops. Each seedling requires a hole with a width of 50 cm and a depth of 40 cm, the recommended distance between the pits is about 1.5 m. If you need a drainage, the bottom of the wells linse with pebbles and broken bricks. The smell is watered, put the stalks, then fall asleep with a mixture of the ground, compost, sand and nitrogen fertilizers. Top watered in low-fat water. It is important to know that willows can not be squeezed next door to birch and hazel.
In order to grow healthy and beautiful willow, it is necessary to take into account a number of factors.
- The soil. It must be a dend-podzolic, suitable light loam, black soil or peat ground. It is desirable that the soil has neutral acidity. Excess moisture badly affects the growth of Yves. Lack of water can lead to the death of the plant.
- Lighting. Iva Sveta and prefers sunny places. Can grow well in half. But it costs to remember that when it is unnecessary shading, its branches are ugly stretch and losing decorativeness.
- Watering. Ideal if Iva Purple is planted near the reservoir. Plant requires regular watering roots and foliage. Watered best before sunrise or after sunset. After moisturizing, it is necessary to explode the earth to access the oxygen to the roots. You can make a mulching of the priority soil peat to save humidity.
- Wintering. “Lighthouse” – winter-hardy variety, but young trees can damage winter frosts and spring frosts. Therefore, young willows in front of the winter period are usually covered with deryuga or agricultural.
- Trimming. Starting from the two-year-old willow cut every spring after flowering. You should remove the dead and defective shoots with the help of the secateurs, cut forward the thickened branches. This will allow the plant to form a beautiful crown. Cuts necessarily need to disinfect. Remember that cropped shoots should be no more than 50% of their total mass.
- Diseases and pests. IVI purple sometimes affects diseases such as rust, malievous dew, false malievous dew. Strongly damaged plant should be destroyed, and the rest – to treat fungicides. In the pests of IV belongs to the TLL, the web tick and weevil. For prophylaxis, spray plants with burgue liquid, and when insects are detected, insecticides.
Usage in landscape design
Iva Purple “Lighthouse” is very decorative: in the summer she admires her openwork foliage, and in the winter her reddish branches look spectacular on the background of snow.
With it, you can cover the unattractive places of the garden. It is harmoniously combined with flowers, grass, conifers.
Purple Willows are often used in landscape compositions in the foreground as a solitary (single standing) plants.
Of these, there are live hugs and a variety of sculpture.
About how to plant IVI “Lighthouse”, look in the video.